Applewhite Out

deech

2 hours ago, nunna yo bizness said:

This is the truth.  My daughter thought about going there, but we didn't want her anywhere near that mess.

We had the same thing, only with Baylor.

I guess I'm in line to get punched by their woman's basketball coach!

Edited by 927 E. 41st
incomplete
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

This makes the big 12 look bad

Straight cash homey is understandable, no matter what the extenuating circumstances might be.

WVU has been on the outs with Holgorsen for a few years now.  This is a win for them too, in their BMDs; minds.

2 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

ORlando to WVU ?

would wvu hire a coach with no hc experience ?

Could Mike Elko who coached at Wake Forest be a possibility??  Probably need an Offensive type of HC though to succeed in West Virginia. 

Maybe a regional east coast Head Coach might be looking to upgrade to a P5 job..... Needs to be a Hell of a recruiter.  

Would laugh if "The Pirate" went there.... West Virginia fans would probably love that.....

Edited by LTtxfan

46 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

They just traded an 8-9 win a year coach for a 9-10 win a year coach

solid

Holgo has a better pedigree and track record as a coach than Major. It is an upgrade for UH. It just sucks that Major didn’t get a 3rd season to improve.

He needed to cash in now because he only won 8 games with a loaded roster this year. He was looking at a 5-6 win season next year if he stayed at WVU. I’m just surprised it was Houston who threw all of that money at him. 

Edited by Newy25

18 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Cougar high is more like and insta thot that makes you think she’s fucking hot because she flaunts her body, but without the makeup and camera angles and other window dressing, isn’t anything special, all while having zero personality and nothing of substance yet thinking she deserves all the attention. 

Good analogy

8 minutes ago, HookEm said:

Tech should have money whipped Holgerson.  He is much better than the guy they got and would have stayed there for years.

I don't think Tech even needed to money whip him to get him.  I think we could've had him with a deal as good or slightly better than what he was getting at WVU, but Hocutt didn't want him.

Edited by Dirk X West

6 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Holcutt is an idiot. He’s been ruining Tech football for years. He wants someone to kiss his ring. He doesn’t give a shit about wins 

He's only hired one football coach at Tech, and that was the guy 99% of the fanbase wanted.  He had nothing to do with firing Leach or hiring Tuberville - he wasn't at Tech for either of those decisions.  Considering that Hocutt hired the best baseball and men's bball coaches we've ever had, I'm optimistic about Matt Wells.

Edited by Dirk X West

5 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Like many others, I, too, am baffled by Holgorsen's move to Coog High. The only thing that makes sense is that most would rather live in Houston than Morgantown. But that's really all I've got.

Not sure why this is shocking. Holgo was on the host seat last year and underachieved this year. He's jumping ship while he still has options. 

Not to mention they are giving him $4 million a year at Houston. 

Coaching is all about coaching stability. He buys at least a couple more years at Houston while getting more money. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Like many others, I, too, am baffled by Holgorsen's move to Coog High. The only thing that makes sense is that most would rather live in Houston than Morgantown. But that's really all I've got.

West Virginia is a rebuild again after Grier.

Also.....Part of Holgy's desire for UH is a better recruiting rich area (7x7) where he knows he has a greater opportunity to put together more talented teams than he could at West Virginia.  Juco's and the grad transfers were necessities to survive in recruiting for WVU..... that's a hard route for consistency year to year.

25 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Lol. Apparently Houston thinks they should announce their new HC hire tonight right before the Sugar Bowl in order to steal our thunder. Pathetic.

It's the Sugar bowl between Texas and UGA nobody gives a fuck about what UH is going to be doing.

13 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Girlfriend is from there, he still owns a home there, kids from his previous marriage live there, friends with Ferititta, would rather recruit in Texas, blah blah.  There's lots of reasons, all good for Dana.  

1 hour ago, Not a Sock said:

It's the Sugar bowl between Texas and UGA nobody gives a fuck about what UH is going to be doing.

Maybe they weren’t trying to steal our thunder with their pre sugar bowl announcement but trying to coat tail on Texas/Georgia’s audience drawing clout. 

2 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Maybe they weren’t trying to steal our thunder with their pre sugar bowl announcement but trying to coat tail on Texas/Georgia’s audience drawing clout. 

Yup. The Fertittas would have someone whacked in a heartbeat just to get a mention as breaking news before the Texas Longhorns play.

1 hour ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm often amazed at how much Texas is in the heads of programs like Houston and aggy. 

We have huge a&m threads on this site. The feeling seems mutual wrt a&m, at least.

I don't understand the move for Holgo but $20 million.

Edited by pacman

3 minutes ago, pacman said:

We have huge a&m threads on this site. The feeling seems mutual wrt a&m, at least.

I don't understand the move for Holgo but $20 million.

you are talking about a random fan website vs. the actual AD/univ.  we only comment on Houston when they can't build a fucking safe set of bleachers.  Aggy we don't comment on unless asked.

Holgo probably angling for the Baylor job when Rhule leaves or maybe arkansas.

Edited by dcar00