Donald Trump 2019

Francisco 2.0

Just now, Ted Lange said:

Boom. Roasted

What is sad/horrific -- and you know it's true -- that if the events 10 days ago were Pearl Harbor, or 9/11, or the terrorist nuking of an American city to ashes.....the pattern would be exactly the same.

The shocking thing to me is that the Trumpkins actually think that he cares about them, that he's sacrificed his cushy life to serve America, etc. -- they truly don't see that he's in it for his own ego and narcissism, that's it, full stop.  It will always amaze me when folks don't see the truth that is metaphorically a brick wall right in front of their face.

5 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So why is the Mooch all of a sudden turning on him?  He was on Maher last Friday and the woman on the panel told him he needs to be distancing himself and it appears he might be taking her advice.

In the not too distant future, Donald Trump is going to be a weight around the necks of people who are worried about their careers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So why is the Mooch all of a sudden turning on him?  He was on Maher last Friday and the woman on the panel told him he needs to be distancing himself and it appears he might be taking her advice.

Relevance.  The mooch is a fraud.  He’s always been a fraud.  Taking this hardline against Trump is in his best interest with the media.

Example: we’re talking about his worthless opinion right now.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

And ratings. He's always talking about ratings. He doesn't want to drop in the ratings like a dog.

You remember that episode of Cheers where Sam had to confront that everything he loved all came back to trying to get chicks?

Sam, you like sailing!  "Babes on waves."

But Sam, you love your Corvette! "Babes on wheels."

(Turns out, he at least had his love for the Three Stooges -- "Oh yeah....chicks HATE the Stooges!")

Ratings.  Cheers.  Favorable tweets.  Money.  It all comes back to feeding his ego -- it's all how he keeps score of how awesome he is.  If it doesn't stand for the proposition that Trump is awesome, and people love him, then it has no place in his world.  He is genuinely incapable of empathy or selflessness.  It it is not Trump-aggrandizing, it has no value.

17 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I hate to break it to Mama Cuccinelli, but she raised a complete piece of shit.

Heard that interview on the way to work this morning.  Of course, he was full of shit, but when he got to revising the Statue of Liberty thing, I had to stop listening.  Went over to B and E on 104.9 where I was assaulted by yet another Diamonds Direct commercial...sometimes you can't win.

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For all of the talk up-thread about the farmers sticking with Trump, you know what?  Their wives probably won't.  Their wives are usually the ones who have to run the household budget (and sometimes the farm budget as a whole).  They are going to have to make do with a lot less.  They see the Pussy Grabber-in-Chief boasting about how the farmers will do well, all the while they are having to stay up late trying to make the spreadsheet work, and clip the coupons and scour the ads for sales.

As far as their husbands know, they will vote Trump, but I bet there's a good chance many will get their revenge in the voting booth.

This is true. And it will happen. 

We like to joke about how crazy women are and well, it’s true.

But men, while usually not as crazy as women, are much more likely to be really fucking stupid. Which is why so many idiot men support President shitstain. 

Edited by JimmyJames

2 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

For all of the talk up-thread about the farmers sticking with Trump, you know what?  Their wives probably won't.  Their wives are usually the ones who have to run the household budget (and sometimes the farm budget as a whole).  They are going to have to make do with a lot less.  They see the Pussy Grabber-in-Chief boasting about how the farmers will do well, all the while they are having to stay up late trying to make the spreadsheet work, and clip the coupons and scour the ads for sales.

As far as their husbands know, they will vote Trump, but I bet there's a good chance many will get their revenge in the voting booth.

3AM issues - how do we make our mortgage? How do we cover little Johnny's braces? What if Sally gets sick? How much can I stretch the budget to do groceries?

Trump gives negative shits about these issues. 

• Like 1

A conservative lunatic confronted Cuomo while Cuomo was out with his wife and 9-year old daughter. None of this happens without the Trumpkin instigating. It was a stupid insult too, especially when Fredo is DJT Jr.

I have no problems whatsoever with Cuomo standing up to the harassment. 

Edited by suddenly shaggy

47 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

What is sad/horrific -- and you know it's true -- that if the events 10 days ago were Pearl Harbor, or 9/11, or the terrorist nuking of an American city to ashes.....the pattern would be exactly the same.

The shocking thing to me is that the Trumpkins actually think that he cares about them, that he's sacrificed his cushy life to serve America, etc. -- they truly don't see that he's in it for his own ego and narcissism, that's it, full stop.  It will always amaze me when folks don't see the truth that is metaphorically a brick wall right in front of their face.

You're slipping bro. They don't think he cares about them or that he's sacrificing anything for them. They think he's hurting people they don't like (libtards, immigrants, and minorities) and that's more than good enough for them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Js1 said:

3AM issues - how do we make our mortgage? How do we cover little Johnny's braces? What if Sally gets sick? How much can I stretch the budget to do groceries?

Trump gives negative shits about these issues. 

It’s for these reasons that a majority of even the rural and/or poor white women will turn against trump and vote him out. They already have. 

He’s fucked. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

You're slipping bro. They don't think he cares about them or that he's sacrificing anything for them. They think he's hurting people they don't like (libtards, immigrants, and minorities) and that's more than good enough for them. 

excellent point.  if a bunch of green hair tatted braless women started talking about how great trump is, his approval rating would tank.

Go spend 5 minutes on Twitter. They absolutely think "he's working hard to fight for real Americans like me!"

The amount of idiots still buying the con is staggering.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

You remember that episode of Cheers where Sam had to confront that everything he loved all came back to trying to get chicks?

Sam, you like sailing!  "Babes on waves."

But Sam, you love your Corvette! "Babes on wheels."

(Turns out, he at least had his love for the Three Stooges -- "Oh yeah....chicks HATE the Stooges!")

Ratings.  Cheers.  Favorable tweets.  Money.  It all comes back to feeding his ego -- it's all how he keeps score of how awesome he is.  If it doesn't stand for the proposition that Trump is awesome, and people love him, then it has no place in his world.  He is genuinely incapable of empathy or selflessness.  It it is not Trump-aggrandizing, it has no value.

It really is a simple pathology. He's not complicated at all. It makes it easy to explain and predict his behavior. Unfortunately it also makes it easy for our adversaries to manipulate him. 

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

It really is a simple pathology. He's not complicated at all. It makes it easy to explain and predict his behavior. Unfortunately it also makes it easy for our adversaries to manipulate him. 

Which is what makes it all the more frustrating when these rubes can't see what's happening right in front of them.

25 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

On brand for Trump to make catastrophic business decisions 

No, no.  It's all about the sacrifice.

The rubes eat shit up like there is no tomorrow.

Now, granted, most everyone here can spend 2-3 minutes on Google and see what kind of business failure he has been over the decades, but to the flock, they either don't know or don't care.  All they see is the sacrifice he has made to Make America Great Again.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

No, no.  It's all about the sacrifice.

The rubes eat shit up like there is no tomorrow.

Now, granted, most everyone here can spend 2-3 minutes on Google and see what kind of business failure he has been over the decades, but to the flock, they either don't know or don't care.  All they see is the sacrifice he has made to Make America Great Again.

Pay no attention to how my presidency is hurting you. Look how it's hurting ME!

• Like 3

This is not going to be pleasant for family back in the Midwest.

https://www.wctrib.com/business/agriculture/4610056-U.S.-farmers-stung-by-tariffs-now-face-a-3.5-billion-corn-loss

Here is an excerpt:

American farmers already stung by President Donald Trump's trade wars now face billions of dollars in potential losses as controversial data from the U.S. government snuffs out a rally in corn.

The Agriculture Department on Monday said farmers planted a bigger corn area than analysts estimated and pegged crop yields that also exceeded expectations, sparking the biggest rout in futures since 2013. That was a blow to growers who were holding back supplies, hoping a rally that started in May due to delayed sowing would extend through the fall.

The decline represents a potential loss of almost $3.5 billion for U.S. farmers, according to the American Farm Bureau, and is another setback for them after prices fell following the USDA's previous acreage report, which was widely criticized for containing outdated data.

The latest data is compounding the pain from the trade war between Washington and Beijing, which has significantly reduced purchases from the world's largest soybean buyer. Policy uncertainty has also hit the farm economy as a new U.S. deal with Mexico and Canada is yet to be passed. What's more, the government is allowing 31 oil refineries to go without blending ethanol into fossil fuels, hurting demand for corn.

Everywhere one turns, there is a disaster or a disaster in the making. And yet....and yet:

So, in a fit of petulance, a group of people decided to light a giant-ass brush fire, and cackled with glee as the flames destroyed all that they touched.  Then, as everyone else warned, the wind turned around, and now the arsonists are being consumed by a conflagration of their own making.  I can hear their screams.  But I can muster no sympathy.

Maybe the next batch of folks will be smarter about setting fires, and decide that it's a stupid fucking idea.

But probably not.

Either way, I don't give a damn anymore.  Let em burn.

• Like 8

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

So, in a fit of petulance, a group of people decided to light a giant-ass brush fire, and cackled with glee as the flames destroyed all that they touched.  Then, as everyone else warned, the wind turned around, and now the arsonists are being consumed by a conflagration of their own making.  I can hear their screams.  But I can muster no sympathy.

Maybe the next batch of folks will be smarter about setting fires, and decide that it's a stupid fucking idea.

But probably not.

Either way, I don't give a damn anymore.  Let em burn.

I want my children to have hope. 'Prepare for the worst, hope for the best,' is what their father says. Don't let the dark shadows smother your light. Have faith like Mrs. Briskettexan that there are those that will resist.

“In Paris, I found myself surrounded by Germans; they were all over the place. They played music, and people would go and listen to them! All along rue de Rivoli, as far as you could see from place de la Concorde, there were enormous swastika banners five or six floors high. I just thought, This is impossible.
Imagine that someone comes into your home—someone you don’t like—he settles down, gives orders: “Here we are, we’re at home now; you must obey.” To me that was unbearable.”

--Pearl Witherington Cornioley

• Like 2

--Pearl Witherington Cornioley

Sure.

Counterpoint: fuck em. They wanted leadership that blamed other people, that hurt other people, and they cheered it on. They aren’t against pain and suffering. They’re against their OWN pain and suffering. So, tough shit. They reap what they sow. Their farmers, that oughta be familiar to em.

51 minutes ago, retread said:

SIAP. Just another day of fantasizing about shutting down elections and 3rd terms.

Even referring to this should be an impeachable offense for both parties. It is completely unthinkable that any other President would do anything like this, let alone repeatedly. By referring to how other people will react, he is minimizing his own completely inappropriate behavior. 

He's not joking, he's incapable of joking in the sense that most people do. He's shifting the Overton Window, normalizing what should be a revolting idea to any patriotic American.

FB_THUMB.jpg

Edited by suddenly shaggy
  • Like 8