So if the SEC is the king of defense...

TexArcher

14 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

It's Bama and the dwarves. No one else is worth a shit. I've never seen a conference that's got one team worth a shit, and then the rest are great by association? Lol ok.

You must have never seen the 80s/90s Big East.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

And the Big 12 sucks at defense...

How did Texas just hold mighty Georgia to its lowest total yardage all season?

The myth of bulk got exposed. Speed kills, and on the lines, Texas was quicker and meaner. I suspect the SEC won't adapt until we give their dicks carpet burn a few more times.

• Like 2

OU is pansy ass and mighta lost to Georgia too.

The answer to the SEC is a physical style of play offense with the power running base offense with the passing game we have. On defense you gotta stop the run. We held UGA to under 100 yards and beat them at their own game. Better skill players and just as physical if not more. That’s how you beat them. We are one of the only Big 12 teams that can match the top of the SEC in terms of whipping ass.

• Like 3

SEC Defensive yards / game average and vs. XII in bowl:

- Georgia: 311 avg. | Sugar vs. Texas: 355

- Vandy: 420 avg. |  Texas vs. Baylor 668

- Alabama: 295 avg. | Orange vs. ousux 471

- Misery: 379 | Liberty vs. Pokes 502

Likely a combination of overated and shitty offenses.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kyle said:

Missouri, SEC's top offense or something last year, also got shut down by Texas on the opposite side of the ball.

Assuming Alabama wins next week, SEC will be 11-11 in bowls the last two years. 4 of those wins would be from Alabama, and they are usually favored in most of their bowls. It's kind of pathetic.

• Like 1

Alabama and the 13 Dwarves. They really believe the shit they tell each other, though. I overheard a Georgia fan before the game talking about Baker sitting out. He said, “Aw, but it won’t matter anyway.” Don’t know if it did or not, but that’s not what that fuckstick meant. 

Then, quite a few Georgia fans were sitting in our LHF section. They were talking shit at halftime about how Georgia was coming for Texas, as if they were in the lead and the outcome would be a foregone conclusion. I squinted at the scoreboard and said, “that’s a little far away, what does it say?”

Don’t worry, I kept them updated. They were gone when the clock ticked 00:00. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Yawn, another overrated SEC powerhouse goes down. 

Hows aggy taking the loss?  They must be devastated. T&P. 

They are more upset about this loss than they were excited about their win.

Then again, they live vicariously through Bama, UGA, etc. so it makes sense.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, CHEF RIBS W/ THE HAMM YALL said:

Missouri, SEC's top offense or something last year, also got shut down by Texas on the opposite side of the ball.

Assuming Alabama wins next week, SEC will be 11-11 in bowls the last two years. 4 of those wins would be from Alabama, and they are usually favored in most of their bowls. It's kind of pathetic.

Don’t assume shit. Clemson gonna play with Bama.

Edited by C-Man
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:

Alabama and the 13 Dwarves. They really believe the shit they tell each other, though. I overheard a Georgia fan before the game talking about Baker sitting out. He said, “Aw, but it won’t matter anyway.” Don’t know if it did or not, but that’s not what that fuckstick meant. 

Then, quite a few Georgia fans were sitting in our LHF section. They were talking shit at halftime about how Georgia was coming for Texas, as if they were in the lead and the outcome would be a foregone conclusion. I squinted at the scoreboard and said, “that’s a little far away, what does it say?”

Don’t worry, I kept them updated. They were gone when the clock ticked 00:00. 

Some Georgia cocksucker was standing in line at beer stand and was going on about how the players and coaches and all that shit didn’t really want to be there and whatnot. I asked a handful of smartass questions and he walked away all pissed off. It must suck being them. They’re what we would be if DKR and Vince never existed 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Don't forget the 4 non-conf games with 3-4 total cupcakes to pad SEC stats.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, elfenix said:

If you remove Alabama from the conference the conversation each year would be is the SEC the worst power 5 worst power five conference each year.  And that is with their BS scheduling of only 8 conference games virtually guaranteeing them an extra W while half of the other power five teams get a L.

They should be chanting "Alabama, Alabama..." instead of SEC.

1 hour ago, JimmyHoffa said:

Another fun one-

Who scored more points vs Mississippi State's #1 ranked scoring defense?

Alabama or Iowa?

Iowa which also scored more than everyone on their schedule other than Kentucky who score 28. 

An unranked Iowa vs. #18 MSU.

I think it's worth noting that BU beat a favored VU, unranked oSu beat #23 Missouri and UT beat a UGA team ranked TEN spots higher.  Clearly the SEC bias is real and fantastical.  And no doubt it'll continue with the preseason polls in August.  

• Like 5

The SEC hype machine will go into overdrive this offseason. When that conference feels a competing narrative they send out the signal to all their mouthpieces to really go overboard with their bullshit.

In the 2013 and 2014 seasons the SEC went 0-5 in top tier bowl games. In the 2015 offseason the SEC knob slobbing was even more unbearable than usual. They ended up with 3 teams in the preseason top 10 and 8 teams in the top 25.

So be ready for it.

Edited by Huckleberry

And the Big 12 sucks at defense...
How did Texas just hold mighty Georgia to its lowest total yardage all season?

The same way Auburn is 50 points better than Ohio State because Purdue???

You kicked mutt ass and the world is far better for it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk