So if the SEC is the king of defense...

TexArcher

2 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

An unranked Iowa vs. #18 MSU.

I think it's worth noting that BU beat a favored VU, unranked oSu beat #23 Missouri and UT beat a UGA team ranked TEN spots higher.  Clearly the SEC bias is real and fantastical.  And no doubt it'll continue with the preseason polls in August.  

Speaking of if I see another fucking SEC apologist on Twitter say "the bowl games don't matter unless they are the playoffs" as a reason for the SEC teams losing to "inferior" non SEC teams I am going to lose my shit.

Far too many of those asshats trying to have it both ways depending on the outcome of the games.

Also-

Conference Bowl record the last two years (obviously not including this year championship game)

ACC Coastal: 3-7

ACC Atlantic: 3-4

SEC East: 4-6

SEC West: 6-4 

Big 12: 9-4

Pac 12 North: 3-6 

Pac 12 South: 1-6

Big 10 East: 4-4

Big 10 West: 8-1

And the Big 12 sucks at defense...
How did Texas just hold mighty Georgia to its lowest total yardage all season?

You stupid sip, just to go texaggy and they'll explain why Georgia didn't really want to be there, just going through the motions, etc etc,.

16 hours ago, TexArcher said:

And the Big 12 sucks at defense...

How did Texas just hold mighty Georgia to its lowest total yardage all season?

While we are piling on, if our QB didn't throw retarded interceptions, we'd have held Missouri (one of the "good" SEC offenses) to their 3rd lowest scoring output behind Bama and UK.  Even with the stupidity, we held them to their 4th lowest scoring total. 

Let's not talk about yards though.   

4 hours ago, SnowAggy said:

An unranked Iowa vs. #18 MSU.

I think it's worth noting that BU beat a favored VU, unranked oSu beat #23 Missouri and UT beat a UGA team ranked TEN spots higher.  Clearly the SEC bias is real and fantastical.  And no doubt it'll continue with the preseason polls in August.  

Somebody please tell me how in the ever-loving fuck Mississippi State is #7 in Sagarin's rankings?

Somebody please tell me how in the ever-loving fuck Mississippi State is #7 in Sagarin's rankings?
They are higher than I would like in my ratings, too. Bowl season was actually really good for them from a computer perspective despite their close loss to Iowa. With the exception of Louisiana Lafayette, all of their opponents who made a bowl game won their bowl game. So you've got 6 data points in their season which improve significantly, and then you've got the 1 data point that should lower them.

They're #12 in mine and have the #1 adjusted scoring defense.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

They are higher than I would like in my ratings, too. Bowl season was actually really good for them from a computer perspective despite their close loss to Iowa. With the exception of Louisiana Lafayette, all of their opponents who made a bowl game won their bowl game. So you've got 6 data points in their season which improve significantly, and then you've got the 1 data point that should lower them.

They're #12 in mine and have the #1 adjusted scoring defense.

I still don't get it. They're 0-2 vs Top 10 Sagarin teams, 2-5 vs Top 30. They beat Auburn and aggy -- that's it. They scored three combined points in losses to Bama and LSU. They lost 28-7 to Kentucky.

• Like 1

Did not see a whole lot of Georgia fans out after the game last night. We were on a balcony and 4 college age guys were doing the horn fans and grabbing their crotch and yelling Texas sucks. A good SEC chant and yelling "bama's your daddy' shut them up quick.

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

Did not see a whole lot of Georgia fans out after the game last night. We were on a balcony and 4 college age guys were doing the horn fans and grabbing their crotch and yelling Texas sucks. A good SEC chant and yelling "bama's your daddy' shut them up quick.

WTF cares about Bama?  Texas is their daddy.

14 hours ago, Fletch said:

Some Georgia cocksucker was standing in line at beer stand and was going on about how the players and coaches and all that shit didn’t really want to be there and whatnot. I asked a handful of smartass questions and he walked away all pissed off. It must suck being them. They’re what we would be if DKR and Vince never existed 

Just so upset they actually had to play the best team in their conference for the first time in two years that wasn’t in the playoffs. Boo fucking hoo

1 hour ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Just so upset they actually had to play the best team in their conference for the first time in two years that wasn’t in the playoffs. Boo fucking hoo

The guy was a fucking asshole too. He pulled the whole “excuse me, but have you ever played!?!?!?” Like that makes a fuck. It’s not exactly a complicated game to grasp. And yes, I did play. It makes me so happy that that guy drove back to whatever shithole he lives in all pissed off today. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, po elvis said:

There were a good amount at Harrah's. One was wearing a Deandre Baker jersey. I asked him how Baker played. 

Those fuckers were out in full force the night before. Talked to a handful of them about their thoughts on the game and whatnot and every single one pretty much said they’re going to fuck us up. I tried as nicely as possible to explain to them Herman’s history and how badass Sam and our receivers are and they just completely wrote me off. I didn’t much give a shit about Georgia before this game. Now I fucking hate them. Shitty, cocky Mother fuckers. They yap an awful lot for not having won anything 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

10 minutes ago, Bevo14 said:

They should be concerned that their coach is a fuckin moron.

No doubt.  Get ready for the influx of LSU mouth-breathers over the next few months, wandering over here from SECrant and saying things like "frig" and "chit" and patronizing us about how we have no chance.  Gonna be fun to beat them into submission and send them packing.

19 hours ago, Cajun said:

Put this in another thread, but fuck it...

I have to give Finebaum credit.   I listened to his show yesterday only so I could hear the tears in the beer from SEC SEC SEC kool aid drinkers and UGA fans.   Paul actually gave the Horns their due and even put some of the irrational excuse makers in their place.  Can't say that about the rest of the ESPN media complex.  

Yeah, he really did.

I liked when one guy (a regular I guess) called in and just started reading off a list of excuses for Georgia.  Finebaum feigned falling asleep and when the dude finished he pretended to wake up.

"Oh, I'm sorry.  Are you done?  How rude of me..."

On 1/2/2019 at 2:58 AM, Fletch said:

Some Georgia cocksucker was standing in line at beer stand and was going on about how the players and coaches and all that shit didn’t really want to be there and whatnot. I asked a handful of smartass questions and he walked away all pissed off. It must suck being them. They’re what we would be if DKR and Vince never existed 

You don’t understand. Georgia won MNCs in 1942 and 1980, so 2018 was their year. 

SEC Defensive yards / game average and vs. XII in bowl:
- Georgia: 311 avg. | Sugar vs. Texas: 355
- Vandy: 420 avg. |  Texas vs. Baylor 668
- Alabama: 295 avg. | Orange vs. ousux 471
- Misery: 379 | Liberty vs. Pokes 502
Likely a combination of overated and shitty offenses.

Stats are for losers aggy boy.

On 1/2/2019 at 2:46 PM, JimmyHoffa said:

Speaking of if I see another fucking SEC apologist on Twitter say "the bowl games don't matter unless they are the playoffs" as a reason for the SEC teams losing to "inferior" non SEC teams I am going to lose my shit.

Far too many of those asshats trying to have it both ways depending on the outcome of the games.

Also-

Conference Bowl record the last two years (obviously not including this year championship game)

ACC Coastal: 3-7

ACC Atlantic: 3-4

SEC East: 4-6

SEC West: 6-4 

Big 12: 9-4

Pac 12 North: 3-6 

Pac 12 South: 1-6

Big 10 East: 4-4

Big 10 West: 8-1

So the B1G & the Big 12 are a combined 17-5, while the SEC is 10-11 (incl the NCG), but the SECSECSEC is the best conference?

Mmmmkay.