THE EXCUSE

sushihorn

31 minutes ago, sushihorn said:

"Georgia wasn't motivated"

"It wasn't the CFP so it didn't matter"

or some variation of this pathetic self-deception.

It's comprehensively wrong, should be comprehensively refuted and deserves its own thread.

UGa's defense started the game FLYING all over the field.  Tom Herman saw that coming and EMBARRASSED them with misdirection.  The details are here.  The bottom line is that Georgia was very motivated, came out aggressive and ran themselves out of the play repeatedly.  They over-pursued and pass rushed too hard.  Mensa made them pay the price for being so motivated.  Georgia's actions were NOT what teams do when they come out flat.

Like a matador, Tom Herman goaded them, watched them run past and then stuck a sword in their ass.  Orlando did the same thing to them by hitting the Bulldogs repeatedly from unexpected angles.  Herman bled them repeatedly - of confidence, of pride and finally of aggressiveness.  By halftime, Georgia's players were confused, abused and humiliated.  By that point they had lost their motivation but they didn't start out that way.  It was what Texas did to them the MADE them that way.

Thank you for letting me set the record straight.

Thank you.  Thank you very much....no....really.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sushihorn said:

"Georgia wasn't motivated"

"It wasn't the CFP so it didn't matter"

or some variation of this pathetic self-deception.

It's comprehensively wrong, should be comprehensively refuted and deserves its own thread.

UGa's defense started the game FLYING all over the field.  Tom Herman saw that coming and EMBARRASSED them with misdirection.  The details are here.  The bottom line is that Georgia was very motivated, came out aggressive and ran themselves out of the play repeatedly.  They over-pursued and pass rushed too hard.  Mensa made them pay the price for being so motivated.  Georgia's actions were NOT what teams do when they come out flat.

Like a matador, Tom Herman goaded them, watched them run past and then stuck a sword in their ass.  Orlando did the same thing to them by hitting the Bulldogs repeatedly from unexpected angles.  Herman bled them repeatedly - of confidence, of pride and finally of aggressiveness.  By halftime, Georgia's players were confused, abused and humiliated.  By that point they had lost their motivation but they didn't start out that way.  It was what Texas did to them the MADE them that way.

Thank you for letting me set the record straight.

I'm fine with the collective mindset of the SEC to be completely fucking dumb on Big 12 teams - especially Texas.

I like to be the 12 point DAWG to the DAWGS then maul their DAWG dicks into the dirt.

Am I the only one that thinks Texas is probably a top 5 team as of January? 

I mean, I dont see how we would get spanked by Clemson the way ND did. I think we would smoke Michigan or Florida. OSU and LSU maybe tossups.

Bama and OU probably objectively better.

That was a team that believed the hype. They knew little about Texas and the B12 outside of the SEC’s version of it. They actually believed they would steamroll Texas. To their credit they are not the ones making excuses from what I read, it is the sec homers fans and media. Can’t admit they didn’t know what the fuck they were talking about - so make up some bullshit excuses.

Just now, ndawg said:

That second play of our first offensive drive... when LJH caught a slant and the entire team pushed him for another... that told Georgia everything they needed to know about the team that came to play.

Yup. Thats a 4th quarter down by 7 on 4th down effort play - on 2nd and 4 or whatever on the first drive. Awesome. Our guys showed the fuck up.

My least favorite thing was how they showed #15 on their sideline the whole game. Wahhh we don't have one of our players Wahhh.

Fuck off. We were down Caden Sterns and the DBs didn't skip a beat. (Thank you Brandon Jones!)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean, I dont see how we would get spanked by Clemson the way ND did. I think we would smoke Michigan or Florida. OSU and LSU maybe tossups.

Meh, I don't really care about the end of season rankings. We ended the season with a HUGE win over a super hyped Georgia team. Beautiful for recruiting. 

Rankings will only make a shit to me when we are trying to get into the playoffs at the end of the season. I like hanging around 8-12 ranking at the first few games of the season, instead of carrying around that top 5 ranking each week. Earn it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Zavala said:

Meh, I don't really care about the end of season rankings. We ended the season with a HUGE win over a super hyped Georgia team. Beautiful for recruiting. 

Rankings will only make a shit to me when we are trying to get into the playoffs at the end of the season. I like hanging around 8-12 ranking at the first few games of the season, instead of carrying around that top 5 ranking each week. Earn it.

Not talking about rankings - talking about are there 5 teams you would take over the team that beat UGA on a neutral site? I'm not sure there are.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ndawg said:

That second play of our first offensive drive... when LJH caught a slant and the entire team pushed him for another... that told Georgia everything they needed to know about the team that came to play.

Yeah, they thought they were going to roll us. That play was a big “Fuck You” to them. 

And it just got worse. 

18 minutes ago, Zavala said:

You are correct. We would hang with OSU and OU, probably get beat pretty soundly by Bammer and Clempson. That puts us at worst 5.

Why does everyone keep saying this? Georgia beat the shit out of bama for 3 1/2 quarters until a bad coaching mistake let them back in the game. We can hang physically with anyone in the country. Period. The mighty SEC programs that out talent opponents every week would actually have to win a game with scheme against Texas. I will take those odds all day against those dinosaur offenses. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Vertigo said:

Why does everyone keep saying this? Georgia beat the shit out of bama for 3 1/2 quarters until a bad coaching mistake let them back in the game. We can hang physically with anyone in the country. Period. The mighty SEC programs that out talent opponents every week would actually have to win a game with scheme against Texas. I will take those odds all day against those dinosaur offenses. 

I agree, and probably the lack of experience at QB from Clemson could catch up with them against us. Just my guess. I don't watch much Alabama or Clemson so I really don't know how good they actually are. I'm probably buying into the hype talk, stats, and highlights like everyone else. I watch the Gators and Longhorns religiously, everyone else I just take peeks and watch multiple games at once.

Its all part of the SEC spin machine, but not surprisingly, media doesn't call them out.

I guess post-season losing is part of SEC culture. We get that as the record is quite obvious.

They only get hard for the FCS teams, and apparently enjoy post season bufu (catcher, not pitcher).

What a great conference.

46 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Georgia is top 4 in recruiting for 3 years in a row.  Only Bama has done better since Kirby took over in Athens.  Texas' talent might be top 15-20 based on recruiting.  The difference was toughness, scheme and effort.  Bama is the only team I fear because they have the talent and good coaching.  Saban is NOT a better coach than Herman IMO but he's damn good and has absolute top tier talent to work with.  Saban is more vanilla than I'd like but more innovative and takes more risks than Kirby so he doesn't underperform his talent level to the same extent.  Maybe most important the Tide have a dual threat QB with all that implies. 

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

That was a team that believed the hype. They knew little about Texas and the B12 outside of the SEC’s version of it. They actually believed they would steamroll Texas. To their credit they are not the ones making excuses from what I read, it is the sec homers fans and media. Can’t admit they didn’t know what the fuck they were talking about - so make up some bullshit excuses.

I heard more excuses out of the Mizzou team last year after they got beat. They truly believed that by simply being in the SEC they were a more physical team than us. Even after they got whooped they were still talking like they were the better team. 75% of that league is all bark and no bite.

Edited by texaslong
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, smoky said:

Were they really that great of a team to begin with?

i think so. my opinion before the game was that they were the third best team in the country. they lost a real close game to lsu for which kirby smart rightly took the blame, and then they went blow for blow with Bama and looked like they were going to even win until there were about 5 minutes left to play. UGA has been crushing recruiting and has a bunch of future NFL players on this year's roster. like sushi's breakdown of their offense said, they were used to pounding the rock and submitting teams, while protecting fromm and giving him a clean pocket when they did throw. they were able to do this to pretty much everyone they played all year, but despite Texas playing in the Big XII our whole MO is being physical and tough. UGA never got punched in the mouth like they did by Texas (thanks for winning the toss and kicking off lol), and you could see that they lost some fight in them the longer we kept coming at them wave on wave.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Goo Punch said:

i think so. my opinion before the game was that they were the third best team in the country. they lost a real close game to lsu for which kirby smart rightly took the blame, and then they went blow for blow with Bama and looked like they were going to even win until there were about 5 minutes left to play. UGA has been crushing recruiting and has a bunch of future NFL players on this year's roster. like sushi's breakdown of their offense said, they were used to pounding the rock and submitting teams, while protecting fromm and giving him a clean pocket when they did throw. they were able to do this to pretty much everyone they played all year, but despite Texas playing in the Big XII our whole MO is being physical and tough. UGA never got punched in the mouth like they did by Texas (thanks for winning the toss and kicking off lol), and you could see that they lost some fight in them the longer we kept coming at them wave on wave.

36-16 is close???

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

No, ESPN  will not let Texas clown them yet again.  5th 8s excatly where I see ESPN putting us, just so they can drop us like a rock "when OU beats the longhorns"... if we do keep our shit together and we are somewhere 5-6 towards the end, ESPN will push for us to be in the playoffs so they can feed us to Alabama.

A top 5 (or 6) in the pre poll would fucking awesome only because aggy would lose their shit.

32 minutes ago, Lou Loomis said:

Only losers and weirdos care about winning the Sugar Bowl, bro ...

The funniest take was that Fromm “was just kind of ‘off’ with his throws all night”

He was clearly getting throttled and played rattled (scared) from very early on.

It didn't take him long to figure out his OL wasn't going to be able to buy him 30 - 40 seconds back there so pressure was coming and he struggled with reading where it was going to be coming from.  The defensive looks had him completey confused all night.

2 hours ago, Zavala said:

lol that "marquee games in the best league" shit is so pathetic. 

There's got to be a word that cuts deeper than delusional... I just can't describe the type of desperation to be "bigtime" that they have.

The term you are looking for is "penis envy".

They wish they had one.

• Like 1

Only losers and weirdos care about winning the Sugar Bowl, bro ...
The funniest take was that Fromm “was just kind of ‘off’ with his throws all night”
He was clearly getting throttled and played rattled (scared) from very early on.

He was definitely off when Foster nailed him.
  • Like 2