Dallas Cowboys 2019 Offseason Thread of Mediocrity

Assman

The only players that hold out like Zeke are ghetto ass divas who think they're bigger than the team.  Zeke. AB. Leveon Bell. You never see non ghetto blacks like  Dak or Cooper pull that shit. You never see white players pull that shit. The only white players I can see doing it are the Bosas but they're white trash which is the white version of ghetto.

• Fuck You 9

A dt? No. Maybe Pat but I’d give a lot of credit to Andy Reid. Pat under Jason Garret no thanks. Lol at Antonio Bryant. Not taking the pass rusher over a RB especially considering who we have on our roster. And no to Rodgers over Zeke at this point in their careers.

If I was starting a NFL team I’m taking none of those players over Zeke. To each their own.

• Fuck You 1

Just now, Future said:

The only players that hold out like Zeke are ghetto ass divas who think they're bigger than the team.  Zeke. AB. Leveon Bell. You never see non ghetto blacks like  Dak or Cooper pull that shit. You never see white players pull that shit. The only white players I can see doing it are the Bosas but they're white trash which is the white version of ghetto.

A++ Troll

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Dropout said:

A dt? No. Maybe Pat but I’d give a lot of credit to Andy Reid. Pat under Jason Garret no thanks. Lol at Antonio Bryant. Not taking the pass rusher over a RB especially considering who we have on our roster. And no to Rodgers over Zeke at this point in their careers.

If I was starting a NFL team I’m taking none of those players over Zeke. To each their own.

I see you don't realize that the change in officiating and rules to make the passing game far more efficient than the running game have made traditional backs like Zeke worth pennies-on-the-dollar from even 15 years ago. I would trade Zeke for about 20 to 30 players straight up no questions asked. Maybe even more at this point. 

3 minutes ago, Junior Miller said:

I see you don't realize that the change in officiating and rules to make the passing game far more efficient than the running game have made traditional backs like Zeke worth pennies-on-the-dollar from even 15 years ago. I would trade Zeke for about 20 to 30 players straight up no questions asked. Maybe even more at this point. 

I see you don’t realize who the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys is. Zeke isn’t a traditional back. He is extraordinary and can do everything out of the backfield. Trade 20 or 30 straight up? To this team? Y’all are just fucking w me now.

But Dak is just a dink and dunk QB!!

These numbers show the following when Dak throws the ball 20+ yards:

• ⁠Top-10 in pass yards per attempt.
• ⁠7th in touchdowns (7), pass TD% (13.0), and interceptions (2).
• ⁠6th in rating (107.6)

Is 20+ yards not deep enough for you? Good thing that Sturm also has the stats for 30+ yards, too!

From 30+ yards, Dak Prescott’s stats now look like the following:

• ⁠5th in touchdowns (4).
• ⁠7th in pass TD% (14.3).
• ⁠1st in interceptions (0).
• ⁠2nd in rating (118.8)

He’s getting cute making jokes and negotiating through the media. Negotiate w Zeke and his agent. The benchmark is Gurley. 4 years 60M and what 40M guaranteed. Pay Zeke first and figure out the rest. And lol at xfl castoffs. You draft well and fill out your roster w bargain NFL players.
The benchmark is leveon bells contract...4 years 52m with 27m guaranteed

Bell actually was a FA and could negotiate with all the teams....FA deals are the market not contract extensions

Bell passed up 5 years at 70m from steelers got way less...zeke seems to be following that path

5 hours ago, Future said:

Emmitt Smith wasn't ghetto and his lesson early on to Jerry Jones has given false hope to many a player who also thought their team couldn't live without them.  That 0-2 start following the Super Bowl was all Jerrah could take.  IMHO, it ended up costing the Cowboys later as Jones made an effort to make sure that never happened again, and he tended to overpay for some of his big name players.

I think he's past that now.  

6 hours ago, Future said:

Username does not check out 

7 hours ago, Dropout said:

He’s getting cute making jokes and negotiating through the media. Negotiate w Zeke and his agent. The benchmark is Gurley. 4 years 60M and what 40M guaranteed. Pay Zeke first and figure out the rest. And lol at xfl castoffs. You draft well and fill out your roster w bargain NFL players.

you’re showing your ass.  and this is a terrible argument and has always been a terrible argument.  just because some stupid owner signs a stupid contract doesn’t mean the other 31 have to follow suit.  the gurley deal was a stupid deal, no reason to repeat it.  it doesn’t “set the market” if the 31 other owners think for themselves.  zeke is far from the best player in the league; he may be the best running back in the league.  he is the best skill player on the cowboys.  the rams will regret the gurley deal for years and jerry isn’t doing it.

8 minutes ago, futureman said:

you’re showing your ass.  and this is a terrible argument and has always been a terrible argument.  just because some stupid owner signs a stupid contract doesn’t mean the other 31 have to follow suit.  the gurley deal was a stupid deal, no reason to repeat it.  it doesn’t “set the market” if the 31 other owners think for themselves.  zeke is far from the best player in the league; he may be the best running back in the league.  he is the best skill player on the cowboys.  the rams will regret the gurley deal for years and jerry isn’t doing it.

And Jerry won’t win another Super Bowl for another decade. What else is new.

I hate this primadona bullshit with Zeke. Seems like he’s a whiny bitch that is throwing a temper tantrum like my 3 year old trying to get his way. I’m team Jerry on this one. Give him your best offer and if he says no, say goodbye to him. He’s not the same as he was as a rookie IMO, gained bad weight last season, and lost a bit of his quickness.

carry on.

Jerry is trying to instill in this young core that winning is what gets you paid, and I don't mean with the NFL contract.  If the Cowboys were to win the Super Bowl and Zeke were to somehow keep his knucklehead shit under control, who would be more worth more in endorsements than the stars of a SB winning Dallas Cowboy's team?  He's trying to keep thier eyes on the prize and get them where they can all go.  Jerry isn't a very good GM, as we have all witnessed, but he knows how to make a buck.  He's trying to get his young core to see the bigger picture.  Take a little less now to win and it will pay off in many more ways.

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:
9 hours ago, markstanco said:
I know it sounds silly, but I wish owners could hold out on paychecks because players aren't playing to the current salary potential and get a new deal.

How about holding revenue from shit ass owners who haven't did jack shit for over 2 decades?

This works for me too.  

8 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

But Dak is just a dink and dunk QB!!

These numbers show the following when Dak throws the ball 20+ yards:

• ⁠Top-10 in pass yards per attempt.
• ⁠7th in touchdowns (7), pass TD% (13.0), and interceptions (2).
• ⁠6th in rating (107.6)

Is 20+ yards not deep enough for you? Good thing that Sturm also has the stats for 30+ yards, too!

From 30+ yards, Dak Prescott’s stats now look like the following:

• ⁠5th in touchdowns (4).
• ⁠7th in pass TD% (14.3).
• ⁠1st in interceptions (0).
• ⁠2nd in rating (118.8)

Uh this can't be true.  @futureman assured me that Dak is shit and I'm all in on agreeing with him. 

A lot of people taking Zeke's side here. One of two things is happening. Either Zeke is demanding an unreasonably high number or Jerry is being unreasonably cheap. I'll say it again, for all of Jerry's faults, being cheap with his stars is not one of them, it's usually the opposite. So do you guys taking Zeke's side think Jerry is suddenly trying to be cheap? I'm just not buying it. Whatever Jerry put on the table is more than reasonable and he would probably throw some on top to get the deal done. Since none of us know the numbers, I would bet a dozen pizzas that its Zeke and his agent that are being unreasonable and Jerry for once is being smart knowing he has two other stars to pay. The bitchassedness by Zeke and his agent over Jerry's little joke confirms in my mind that they are the bitchasses.

Edited by 'stache
  • Like 5

58 minutes ago, 'stache said:

A lot of people taking Zeke's side here. One of two things is happening. Either Zeke is demanding an unreasonably high number or Jerry is being unreasonably cheap. I'll say it again, for all of Jerry's faults, being cheap with his stars is not one of them, it's usually the opposite. So do you guys taking Zeke's side think Jerry is suddenly trying to be cheap? I'm just not buying it. Whatever Jerry put on the table is more than reasonable and he would probably throw some on top to get the deal done. Since none of us know the numbers, I would bet a dozen pizzas that its Zeke and his agent that are being unreasonable and Jerry for once is being smart knowing he has two other stars to pay. The bitchassedness by Zeke and his agent over Jerry's little joke confirms in my mind that they are the bitchasses.

I don't think Jerry is being cheap, I think Stephen sees what the league has become and that paying top money to a RB who is great between the tackles but is little more than a dump off guy in the passing game is bad business today. Guys like Kamara or McCaffery who are capable between the tackles but can match up in the slot and win battles down field as an extra receiver are the guys who have the value now. Zeke just doesn't have the quickness burst to do that at that level. He's a traditional safety value dump off/wheel route guy. 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I love Donald and Mack. I think they’re great players. But in no way can a defensive player in today’s league be the best player. AB, PM and TB you have an argument, but it’s a weak one. Rodgers, no. Zeke is the most valuable player in the league in my mind, and it’s not particularly close. 

you’d rather have dak and zeke over aaron rodgers and a replacement level running back?

26 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

I love Donald and Mack. I think they’re great players. But in no way can a defensive player in today’s league be the best player. AB, PM and TB you have an argument, but it’s a weak one. Rodgers, no. Zeke is the most valuable player in the league in my mind, and it’s not particularly close. 

Lulzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Like 2

Ugh.

Former Texas A&M walk-on Luke Laufenberg, son of ex-Cowboys quarterback Babe Laufenberg, died Thursday morning after losing a valiant fight to cancer. He was 21.

Laufenberg had battled a rare form of leukemia, Burkitt, since being diagnosed with the disease the day after Christmas in 2017. Laufenberg was deemed cancer free in May 2018, but has dealt with further health issues since this spring.

"Today we lost a son, a brother, a friend, and a warrior. Have never seen a person battle like Luke Laufenberg, but he lost his fight with cancer. He was truly inspirational. The hole in our hearts will never be filled. You are my hero. RIP my sweet Luke. See you on the other side," Babe Laufenberg wrote in a tweet Thursday morning.

Terrible news. No one should have to bury his son. RIP Luke.

Trivia: Burkitt was laughed out of the room when he presented his theory that this form of cancer could have an infectious etiology. While there are sporadic cases too, it is now known to be caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (also the cause of mono).

50 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Not particularly close? There are 32 GMs in the league that would trade Zeke for any one of Donald, Mack, and certainly Mahomes in a second.

If only running an NFL team were like fantasy football. And then we could hire a recent Madden champ to be our OC.

12 minutes ago, futureman said:

would a recent madden champ at OC be worse than our current situation?

I don't know, at least let the guy call a real game first. Although I am suspicious who will really be calling plays with Garrett knowing his job is on the line. At the first sign of adversity I think Garrett takes over and dictates everything. 

46 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

Trivia: Burkitt was laughed out of the room when he presented his theory that this form of cancer could have an infectious etiology. While there are sporadic cases too, it is now known to be caused by the Epstein-Barr virus (also the cause of mono).

is there correlation between having mono multiple times and developing this cancer?

Edited by gsoda3

2 hours ago, Dr. Beeper said:

Better recalibrate that noggin, bro.

12 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

The benchmark is leveon bells contract...4 years 52m with 27m guaranteed

Bell actually was a FA and could negotiate with all the teams....FA deals are the market not contract extensions

Bell passed up 5 years at 70m from steelers got way less...zeke seems to be following that path

The issue is that at the prompting of absolutely no one,  Stephen Jones said negotiations start with Gurley's contract.  Then he acts surprised when Zeke is upset with his Le'veon Bell offer.  

48 minutes ago, Radical Larry said:

30 minutes ago, 'stache said:

For fucks sake, take it Zeke and move the fuck on. If he's seriously holding out for Gurley's contract, I say fuck him, Pollard it is.

This. It's two years until the Cowboys have to do anything with his contract. They could simply say, "Fuck you. You play for what you're owed or you can sit out two years." The fact that he's an absolute wild card off the field would absolutely factor into what I'm offering him salary-wise.

Edited by C-Man

Maybe this is just blind faith, but I think Zeke is gonna end up taking that deal. I find it hard to believe he’s going to turn down a deal like that, 2 years out from his deal being up, when he’s going to have to give up a ton of money to hold out. I think this gets it done. If so, good on Zeke. He doesn’t get a deal like this unless he holds out. It never would’ve happened.

Absolutely stupid of the Cowboys to offer him that deal. Cowboys have all the leverage. Zeke plays a style and position that is devalued. Stephen should be telling the agent 

"he has 2 years and we have tags. If he shows up now and plays the last 2 seasons of his contract in good faith we won't tag him. It'll either be we work out an extension or he hits free agency. If he doesn't show up for week 1 not only will we 100 percent fully enforce every penalty available under the CBA but I guarantee we will slap the tag(s) on him. "

Running backs are expendable and this ain’t 1993...even though your team is built like it is....if you sign him to that ridiculous contract you better win the SB now ...it will be a lot easier to sell  having your team stuck with an overpaid RB and no cap space in 2021 if you can look back on that 2019 SB Championship...don’t win and pay that salary haha