Shane Buechele

Machinator

38 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Is this Buechele's highlight reel?

Or Roberson's?

If Robertson is in this draft, his agent can just send this video around to teams as well. (Proche crashed the party a bit, but Roberson looks NFL ready.)...

EDIT: Just looked it up and Reggie Roberson Jr. has announced that he will return to SMU. His last two seasons ended with injury and so he's coming back for one more.

6'0"
200 lbs

Desoto High School

Not bad averages on yards/reception. https://www.espn.com/college-football/player/_/id/4241888/reggie-roberson-jr

I hope Reggie isn't slowed too much by that latest injury. He was one of the best WRs in the country before he got hurt last year. 

Proche was so fucking good. I wish he was on a different team (could say that about Duvernay, too). Ravens are kind of a wasteland for WRs outside of their #1 - which Hollywood was last year. 

• 1 month later...

High praise from Jordan Palmer.  He said he expects Shane to spen 12+ years in the league.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5lVMdlFwu/

Verified

Man...
I’m really starting to grasp the idea of ‘loving what you do so you never work a day in your life’. And the main reason that idea is becoming so prevalent is the young men I get to kick it with, teach the game to AND learn from.

@bgshanebuechele is raising the bar in terms of what a dude in his early 20s can teach a guy in his mid 30s. He’s a unique combination of elite competitor in whatever the competition is, and a kind and compassionate friend. Such a blessing spending the past few months together and I can’t wait to be right on what I’m tellin people in the NFL world about just how good he’s gonna be.

Young QBs: this will be a good journey to follow...

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

High praise from Jordan Palmer.  He said he expects Shane to spen 12+ years in the league.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CM5lVMdlFwu/

Verified

Man...
I’m really starting to grasp the idea of ‘loving what you do so you never work a day in your life’. And the main reason that idea is becoming so prevalent is the young men I get to kick it with, teach the game to AND learn from.

@bgshanebuechele is raising the bar in terms of what a dude in his early 20s can teach a guy in his mid 30s. He’s a unique combination of elite competitor in whatever the competition is, and a kind and compassionate friend. Such a blessing spending the past few months together and I can’t wait to be right on what I’m tellin people in the NFL world about just how good he’s gonna be.

Young QBs: this will be a good journey to follow...

Hard to believe Shane would last 12+ years in NFL just because he probably won't hold up physically...

On 3/15/2021 at 4:15 PM, ztejas said:

I hope Reggie isn't slowed too much by that latest injury. He was one of the best WRs in the country before he got hurt last year. 

Proche was so fucking good. I wish he was on a different team (could say that about Duvernay, too). Ravens are kind of a wasteland for WRs outside of their #1 - which Hollywood was last year. 

they're a wasteland for WR regardless if #1 or not because Jackson is so bad at passing.

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

He’s a unique combination of elite competitor in whatever the competition is, and a kind and compassionate friend. Such a blessing spending the past few months together and I can’t wait to be right on what I’m tellin people in the NFL world about just how good he’s gonna be.

I guess we can confirm that Jordan Palmer owns a Ping Pong table.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Colt would kick Shane's ass...  🤘

That’d be kinda fun. Have a fundraiser for whatever and have our former QBs get into a boxing match. I got Colt over Shane, but I think Sam can take Colt. Swoopes vs Sam would be a good match. 

Jesus fucking Christ fucking off-season has got me talking about boxing matches with our former QBs

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Fletch said:

That’d be kinda fun. Have a fundraiser for whatever and have our former QBs get into a boxing match. I got Colt over Shane, but I think Sam can take Colt. Swoopes vs Sam would be a good match. 

Jesus fucking Christ fucking off-season has got me talking about boxing matches with our former QBs

Nordgeren is fucking them all up 

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Hard to believe Shane would last 12+ years in NFL just because he probably won't hold up physically...

Shane is a shorter, more athletic, way less goofy looking Bernie Kosar. A sportswriter once said he'd seen wedding bouquets thrown harder than Kosar's passes. If Kosar can do it, why not Shane.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Shane is a shorter, more athletic, way less goofy looking Bernie Kosar. A sportswriter once said he'd seen wedding bouquets thrown harder than Kosar's passes. If Kosar can do it, why not Shane.

Shane's not gonna last 12 seasons in the NFL

Kosar played from 1985 to 1996.  We're talking 25yrs ago.  No way Bernie could play for 12yrs if he were starting his career in 2021.

Colt's been extremely fortunate to play for 12 years -- won't be surprised if 2021 is Colt's final NFL season.

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Kosar played from 1985 to 1996.  We're talking 25yrs ago.  No way Bernie could play for 12yrs if he were starting his career in 2021.

Colt's been extremely fortunate to play for 12 years -- won't be surprised if 2021 is Colt's final NFL season.

Backup NFL QB has to be the best job because of pay and availability 

• Like 1

On 3/15/2021 at 3:20 PM, LTtxfan said:

Day 3 of the 2021 NFL Draft

Shane Buechele - Quarterback Southern Methodist Mustangs 2021 NFL Draft Scouting Report 

https://www.si.com/nfl/draft/scouting-reports/shanebuechele

Definitely some bombs in that reel.  We'll see if that translates against NFL defenses that are basically an all-star team compared to what he faced in the American.

It’s kind of a wash to me. Shane will throw more but have better rules and equipment protecting him.

I've got really high hopes for the kid, and I hope he uses his career to make me fantasize how great he could have been at Texas.

So forget all that you see
It's not reality, it's just a fantasy
Can't you see what this crazy life is doin' to me?
Life is just a fantasy, can you live this fantasy life?
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

So forget all that you see
It's not reality, it's just a fantasy
Can't you see what this crazy life is doin' to me?

Wow. An Aldo Nova reference. Pos rep. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Machinator changed the title to Shane Buechele
3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Interesting to see Shane ending up UDFA , while Ehlinger got drafted in the 6th Rd... 🤔

Probably same same contract. Shane got a monster udfa contract. 15k signing bonus 160k 1 year deal. 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, immamac said:

Probably same same contract. Shane got a monster udfa contract. 15k signing bonus 160k 1 year deal. 

2 hours ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

The Ticket in Dallas is saying the 160K is guaranteed. That seems odd unless there have been changes with UDFAs.

The owner of the Chiefs lives in Dallas, is an SMU alum, was not only an SMU letterman, but was the captain of his team (Soccer).

I have a gut feeling that the owner of the Chiefs has known Shane for at least a couple of years now and wanted to make sure than Shane was brought on board for a trial and was taken care of. 

• Hook 'Em 6

22 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

The owner of the Chiefs lives in Dallas, is an SMU alum, was not only an SMU letterman, but was the captain of his team (Soccer).

I have a gut feeling that the owner of the Chiefs has known Shane for at least a couple of years now and wanted to make sure than Shane was brought on board for a trial and was taken care of. 

Good point about Clark Hunt. I didn't think of the SMU connection. He's on the Ticket more than Jerry so I'm well aware of who he is. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Good point about Clark Hunt. I didn't think of the SMU connection. He's on the Ticket more than Jerry so I'm well aware of who he is. 

I would bet that the Hunts have a luxury box at Ford Field (Stadium?).

Also, Shane would make a great practice squad QB. He would be a “coach on the field” for the practice squad peeps and a positive addition to the QB film room.

Nothing but positives from adding Shane to the practice squad. 

Lamar Hunt was the coolest, most down-to-earth obscenely rich person I have ever met.  Had to pitch an idea to him at a very young age, was most likely fucking it up from being nervous af, and he just started shooting the shit with me and that got the train back on the tracks.  Always been a bit of a Chiefs fan because of that encounter.

• Hook 'Em 4

19 hours ago, Napoleon said:

What was up with “Bevo” in the video? His horns looked like training horns. 

52E2D8C5-8489-448C-8C22-F1D403F1389B.png

E529A500-52BA-41CC-AD5D-B32875CCB422.jpeg

He was just a little guy, very young at the time:

In September 3, 2016, a young 19 month old Bevo XV was unveiled at a special 100 year anniversary event at the University of Texas at Austin, celebrating 100 years of a live Bevo mascot.

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 2

19 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

Lamar Hunt was the coolest, most down-to-earth obscenely rich person I have ever met.  Had to pitch an idea to him at a very young age, was most likely fucking it up from being nervous af, and he just started shooting the shit with me and that got the train back on the tracks.  Always been a bit of a Chiefs fan because of that encounter.

I heard an anecdote once that Hunt had a pretty decent 40 time; the joke was in order not to get cut you had to be able to outrun the team owner.

Hunt was a college football player who rode the bench but was still an avid sports enthusiast during his time in college and throughout his entire childhood.

2 hours ago, Bullneck said:

I heard an anecdote once that Hunt had a pretty decent 40 time; the joke was in order not to get cut you had to be able to outrun the team owner.

I wouldn’t doubt it. 

Clark was very fast in high school. He was the starting QB his senior year in high school, but I think that they ran a wishbone a bit, because the top 2 RBs ran with him on the 4x100m relay (along with a rail thin anchor) that won their year-end meet rather easily. 

Clark got hurt, the backup had injured himself in a random accident a week or two before, and the sophomore 3rd string came on threw two INTs before halftime, then came out in the second half and threw for 4 TDs, over 200 yards, back when 200 yards was a great 4 quarter total(Early 1980s), and was The Dallas Morning News’ Offensive Player of the Week.

Clark never played QB again. He moved to RB when he returned and the team went undefeated. He also was a soccer captain, and track captain who excelled at the sprints, long jump, & pole vault. 

He could have easily gone to the Ivy League and played football, but he went to SMU and played fullback/sweeper. Fast as shit and stout AF. Strong like bull. I  don’t think that his mom was an athlete, so he probably got most/all of that speed/athletic ability from his dad. And dad was young when he founded the Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I wouldn’t doubt it. 

Clark was very fast in high school. He was the starting QB his senior year in high school, but I think that they ran a wishbone a bit, because the top 2 RBs ran with him on the 4x100m relay (along with a rail thin anchor) that won their year-end meet rather easily. 

Clark got hurt, the backup had injured himself in a random accident a week or two before, and the sophomore 3rd string came on threw two INTs before halftime, then came out in the second half and threw for 4 TDs, over 200 yards, back when 200 yards was a great 4 quarter total(Early 1980s), and was The Dallas Morning News’ Offensive Player of the Week.

Clark never played QB again. He moved to RB when he returned and the team went undefeated. He also was a soccer captain, and track captain who excelled at the sprints, long jump, & pole vault. 

He could have easily gone to the Ivy League and played football, but he went to SMU and played fullback/sweeper. Fast as shit and stout AF. Strong like bull. I  don’t think that his mom was an athlete, so he probably got most/all of that speed/athletic ability from his dad. And dad was young when he founded the Dallas Texans/Kansas City Chiefs. 

220px-Toro_Osborne_Cabezas_de_San_Juan.J

• Haha 1

On 4/20/2021 at 5:25 AM, LTtxfan said:

cc670-16186005996549-800.jpg

Wasn’t there a beer commercial years ago where a guy got 8 Super Bowl rings playing as the backup QB for different teams? Got the rings but never played a down. Seems like I remember something like that. 

Per Sporting News:

Who has the most Super Bowl rings in NFL history?

Player Position Super Bowl rings Years won
Tom Brady* QB 7 2002, 2003, 2005, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2020
Charles Haley LB 5 1989, 1990, 1993, 1994, 1996
Ted Hendricks LB 4 1972, 1978, 1981, 1985
Marv Fleming TE 4 1967, 1968, 1972, 1974
Matt Millen LB 4 1981, 1984, 1989, 1991
Bill Romanowski LB 4 1989, 1990, 1998, 1999
Adam Vinatieri* K 4 2002, 2003, 2005, 2007
Joe Montana QB 4 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Keena Turner LB 4 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Eric Wright CB 4 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Mike Wilson WR 4 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Ronnie Lott DB 4 1982, 1985, 1989, 1990
Jesse Sapolu OL 4 1985, 1989, 1990, 1995
Terry Bradshaw QB 4 1975, 1976, 1979, 1980
Franco Harris FB 4 1975, 1976, 1979, 1980

• 3 months later...
On 5/2/2021 at 10:28 PM, Brandywine said:

Wasn’t there a beer commercial years ago where a guy got 8 Super Bowl rings playing as the backup QB for different teams? Got the rings but never played a down. Seems like I remember something like that. 

Most I can find for a QB is Charlie Batch who won 2 as a backup for the Steelers without ever playing a down.