Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 3/2/2019 at 9:15 AM, Deej said:

Blue has one eye that color, and sometimes when she looks at me, it sends a shudder down my spine. Stares straight through your soul.

So Blue's name could have just as easily been White?

Meet General Eisenhower, aka Ike, 'adopted' in the parking lot of the Tractor Supply in Denison Tx during a family camping trip to Eisenhower State Park last Thanksgiving:

IMG_20181123_130333.jpg

That was on the way from Tractor Supply back to the campground with a new tire to replace the one that had blown out on the way in to the campsite earlier in the week.

Here he is as our first dog.  Ike and daughter are in heaven as they meet back at the campsite.    Ike possibly feeling a bit awkward after leaving his litter-mates just earlier in the day:

IMG_20181123_140134.jpg

This is a few months later, I believe in the 4 month old range, growing up nicely:

IMG_20190103_164651.jpg

He, Ike,  is a Blue Heeler mix* pup named for the namesake for where we were when we were fortunate enough to add him to our family.  

*I say mix because we don't know.  He appears mostly Blue Heeler but time might tell different as he grows and grows.

Edited by zork
  • Like 8

Our Goldendoodle had a virus or something last week and was throwing up so vet said to cook rice and chicken. Yesterday when it was time to eat her normal food she took a few bites and threw it up and wouldn’t eat so now the wife is cooking her chicken and rice for dinner every night  while I microwave my dinner. 

Doge : 1

Me : 0

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2019 at 5:50 PM, elfenix said:

biscuit was having trouble walking this morning.  fuck.

happened again later that night.  saw the vet on friday and, upon viewing the vids, he said biscuit is having seizures.  hasn't had another one (that i've been present for) since last wednesday night. also, somewhere along the way he blew out one of his tendons in his left knee. 

Edited by elfenix

18 hours ago, zork said:

Meet General Eisenhower, aka Ike, 'adopted' in the parking lot of the Tractor Supply in Denison Tx during a family camping trip to Eisenhower State Park last Thanksgiving:

IMG_20181123_130333.jpg

That was on the way from Tractor Supply back to the campground with a new tire to replace the one that had blown out on the way in to the campsite earlier in the week.

Here he is as our first dog.  Ike and daughter are in heaven as they meet back at the campsite.    Ike possibly feeling a bit awkward after leaving his litter-mates just earlier in the day:

IMG_20181123_140134.jpg

This is a few months later, I believe in the 4 month old range, growing up nicely:

IMG_20190103_164651.jpg

He, Ike,  is a Blue Heeler mix* pup named for the namesake for where we were when we were fortunate enough to add him to our family.  

*I say mix because we don't know.  He appears mostly Blue Heeler but time might tell different as he grows and grows.

Happy puppy this afternoon picking up his kids:

DSC_0021-Ike.jpg

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Clintonaldo said:

Our Goldendoodle had a virus or something last week and was throwing up so vet said to cook rice and chicken. Yesterday when it was time to eat her normal food she took a few bites and threw it up and wouldn’t eat so now the wife is cooking her chicken and rice for dinner every night  while I microwave my dinner. 

Doge : 1

Me : 0

That happened at our house. Next time I told the girlfriend to do quality chicken, and I just ate the same food as the dog with added hot sauce. 

Pro-tip: just put the chicken in an instapot

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, tucker said:

That happened at our house. Next time I told the girlfriend to do quality chicken, and I just ate the same food as the dog with added hot sauce. 

Already decided that’s what I will be doing. If this dog starts liking beer shit could get real. 

• Like 2

Chicken in instant pot, then make rice with the chicken broth.

On 3/7/2019 at 11:38 AM, elfenix said:

happened again later that night.  saw the vet on friday and, upon viewing the vids, he said biscuit is having seizures.  hasn't had another one (that i've been present for) since last wednesday night. also, somewhere along the way he blew out one of his tendons in his left knee. 

had a big one this morning at 4 am.  since i couldn't go back to sleep i started reading up on seizure triggers.  salt may do it.  yesterday i gave him several left over fries.  looking back through my expenditures, i'd gotten whataburger the day before he had his two seizures in one day.  so he'd gotten fries then.  he had a seizure the day before the superbowl.  3 days before that i'd gotten whataburger. 

i'm not saying it is the fries, but he's off fries.  and on CBD. 

• Like 1

Biscuit and my SIL's dog Captain playing bitey face. Cap outweighs Biscuit by about 40 lbs but he keeps it fair. They will do this for HOURS. 

giphy.gif

This is like my two. Edgar likes to let Rocket think he has the upper hand for at least a few seconds at a time.

8d81dc3adfdfb6660956a6b16a50e7af.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Got this girl from APA yesterday to keep my fat black lab company. No idea on breed but obviously mixed/kitchen sink.. anyone seen a similar dog and have any ideas? APA just said shepherd mix, but I've never seen a white one. She's about 40lbs, leggy and clumsy, really sweet and goofy as hell. Her and our lab are currently playing bitey face.

7740110e53c7e45269128240484e70e2.jpg

• Like 6

Put my dog down today.    He was 17 years old.     He's had dementia for over a year and he got to the point where he couldn't get himself around anymore.   The terrible part of all this is that we put down another dog almost 2 years who had very bad dementia.   She was 18.    Annnnd we have one more dog left that is one month older than the dog we put down today and she also has dementia.   So it's been going on about 3 years that we have been dealing with doggie dementia.   It's terrible.    We are going to have to take a break from owning dogs for a while after all this is over.   We couldn't have asked for more having all 3 of our dogs live to be over 17 and be physically healthy all that time, but that freaking dementia is horrible.   It's kind of a double edge sword when they live that long.

2mnhnxe.jpg

This is all 3 of them in better days.   The one on the left is the only one left.

bveif.jpg

• Like 3

Update on the found dog from last week. I had found someone to foster her. Yesterday, they tracked down the owner. She was in tears seeing her dog again. Dog had dug under the fence two weeks ago. Made it from west of MoPac to my house, north of Rundberg, east of Lamar, and made it through a couple of below freezing nights. Glad she's back where she belongs.

Edited by Deej
  • Like 6