Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

4 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

Sigh.  It's doodle time.  Wife and daughter have joined forces and my worthless son is teetering on the edge of siding with them.  So.  If we're getting a doodle, I'm looking hard at a Pyredoodle.  Anyone have first hand exposure to these?

Pryrenees and poodle.  Pyre's are outstanding guard and family dogs.  Be great at the ranch.  Big, but manageable.  Hearing the poodle mellows them out considerably without removing all the great qualities of the Prye side.  Maybe a big black one (which of course will be names Dahlia).  

Wife wanted a doodle as well. Ended up with a golden doodle. He is pushing 2 and he is a great dog. I have posted photos of him multiple times, he’s brindle turning gray on a daily basis. You can’t go wrong with a doodle. One thing new to me as we had 2 labs before Willie(one is 12 and still kicking ass) is he self regulates. Our labs would have killed themselves playing fetch, swimming, doing whatever but this dude knows when to take a break. I like that

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 52-80 said:

have ya'll flown with your dogs?  ours is too heavy to take in the cabin, and we're too timid to let her fly in the cargo area.  but its either a 3 hour flight, or an insane 1000mi+ trek overland/water

I would never trust an airline with my dog in cargo. Just google up some of the horror stories. 

• Like 2

Maybe cause I didn’t ever have blankets on the floor but lately when I stay at the gf’s place, the dog pulls his towel/pillow into the water/food bowls. He is a wonderer at my place even though he has his bed; goes from the floor, to my bed, to under my bed, to couch, to his bed, etc. 

Online it says it is him just hiding food but it is so weird cause he does it to his water bowl too. We make a little bed out of towels and a cushion, but he lays on the floor instead, pulls the towel over to both (using his paws and nose). Then he doesn’t even mouth them to pick them up, just uses his nose to lift them up very slowly (it’s not a very efficient process) until the bowls are covered. The food is whatever but waking up to a soaked floor sucks and in the middle of the night his little “process” isn’t very quiet. 

Anyone else dealt with it? I moved the bowls to other side of the room but this little nutter is just so odd sometimes. 

Anyone else's dog hold grudges? Luna never forgets anything or any dog that she has had any kind of run in with.

There's a big ass black mutt in our complex that was aggressive towards her when me and its owner introduced them to each other. 

Now whenever she sees it she loses her shit, hackles raised, teeth bared, and is just generally terrifying. I tell her to sit in a calm but firm voice, which she does, but she vibrates and growls under her breath the whole time. 

Yeah.  I know.  THey're a very active breed.I'll get better pics at some point.  He doesn't stay still for long.  We'll get him a summer cut as soon as we can get an appointment with the groomer.  He's going to be big.  He's 75 lbs now is and is skin and bones.

D0845-B8-B-262-A-4079-AF22-486-C3250-AAFE.jpg
My across the hall neighbor has one that is about 4 months old.

On 9/12/2019 at 9:50 PM, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Rini and Harvey are settling in well in NYC.7322d2976877bf2fa4034039e72732ae.jpg33dc87180347ca7676c226acbc9f0ab8.jpgcd8e0b501b8759e33178cb12e3ce0e64.jpgcdf1140f56e0ddaeece677ccf702992c.jpg3380fab20ee99d8cd89ccbdd032da690.jpg1391c555d34bf99e5318e95a13873223.jpg6c9d827cf62a82e3d7353be467f357f6.jpg

Look at those teef!

On 9/13/2019 at 9:19 AM, MissingInAction said:

A friend got a cane corso puppy for her daughter.  I don't think she thought this through. 

That's gonna be a handful. To say the least.

• Like 1