Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

15 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

What kind of dog is Coco, and have you ever wrecked when a squirrel ran across the street?  

Definitely a terrier mix, haven’t bothered with a DNA test. Sweet girl, I liked the brindle coat and wife (no pics) and son keyed in on her as well at Texas Humane Heroes almost 3 years ago now when she was a puppy. No squirrel issues, but she knows our walking route and will pull me the whole mile on my bike. I walk her every evening but will do a quick bike ride if I know we’re going to be gone most of the day on a Saturday.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

normal morning on Friday, wake up at 630, turn on a few lights and let the dogs out in my enclosed, wood fence backyard.

I then sit at the table to check out emails and the trouble maker comes up to me, and it looks like shes rolled in shit because there is a brown stain on her right shoulder.... I go to clean it off and she audibly lets me know that its not shit, i look at the paper towel and its red with blood. and then can clearly see shes got a bleeding hole in her shoulder.   wtf????

so I call the vet, they have me drop her off.  6 hours later they call and tell me shes either had an abcess explode, or she managed to puncture herself in a yard with no metal or pointy sticks.

so we are now wearing the cone of shame. 

53258231205_ba8761c57e_z.jpg

53258227025_2cee260c74_z.jpg

but all thats done is slow her down as she keeps ramming that cone into every fucking piece of furniture. wall, door, me... 

and shes totaly unrepentent at playing the fool. 

has no issue begging for attention though

53258035123_040fe6ae94_z.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 5

On 10/13/2023 at 3:58 PM, dcbc said:

Big dog, small bed.  Small dog, big bed.

Pups.jpg

Fucking morons.

We've got a rescue Catahoula down at the ranch and just as my cousin is starting up about what a "smart" dog she is I look over his shoulder and she's rolling around in a very fresh cow patty.

Total genius.

Edited by Cajun
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Cajun said:

Fucking morons.

We've got a rescue Catahoula down at the ranch and just as my cousin is starting up about what a "smart" dog she is I look over his shoulder and she's rolling around in a very fresh cow patty.

Total genius.

Hey!  ;)

The little one is just messing with the big one.  They switched the field four times last night.  

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 6:56 PM, dcbc said:

Hey!  ;)

The little one is just messing with the big one.  They switched the field four times last night.  

Oh, I didn't mean actual morons.  About as tongue in cheek as one could be.

They're just doggos being doggos.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 10/20/2023 at 4:57 PM, Kennythetiger said:

What’s the brown dog with the white spot?  

As a pup she looked like a lab. Thought she was maybe lab and some pit, but taking her once to another vet cuz of some issues she has, he said that she is beagle and lab. She's very vocal and after him saying this about being beagle (I had one growing up) I have to agree with him. She's a great dog around pups and my grandson who is 3. Very gentle and protective.

Some other asshole had dumped her as a pup out by where we live. She had been shot most likely with a .22 through her left shoulder and grazing the corner of her mouth. 1/4 to 1/2" right and she would've died. What kind of sick asshole shoots a 10 week old pup?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, BillyGoatHill said:

As a pup she looked like a lab. Thought she was maybe lab and some pit, but taking her once to another vet cuz of some issues she has, he said that she is beagle and lab. She's very vocal and after him saying this about being beagle (I had one growing up) I have to agree with him. She's a great dog around pups and my grandson who is 3. Very gentle and protective.

Some other asshole had dumped her as a pup out by where we live. She had been shot most likely with a .22 through her left shoulder and grazing the corner of her mouth. 1/4 to 1/2" right and she would've died. What kind of sick asshole shoots a 10 week old pup?

Brent venables? Oh wait, wrong thread.

On 10/20/2023 at 12:22 PM, BillyGoatHill said:

I had told her many times before, no more dogs. But when the wife showed me this one I said bring him home and let's see how he does with the others (we had 4 at the time).

Another rescue that had been abused in his short life (10 months old now) and his left eye had to be removed due to some trauma that his asshole owner had caused. The foster that we got him from was calling him Seymour (WTF ?) and I told the wife we cant have a 10 lb scruffy dog with one eye being called Seymour, so he has become Jack, or "one-eyed Jack". He fits in great with the others and loves picking on and harassing the bigger gals (27, 40 & 45 lbs). The pack is now five.

fullsizeoutput_2016.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_2014.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_201b.jpeg

So incredibly cute! Jack is going to bring y’all so much happiness!