Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

58 minutes ago, pops said:

Rescuing this guy from a brutal situation. 9 month old Dane mastiff mix. Wasn't really ready for one yet but couldn't say no. And if I ever find the previous owner I will need help in the my lawyer is awesome thread. 

20220209_105121.thumb.jpg.417cf38bcc97e67c932424342385d1ca.jpg

Good on you sir!  Karma has a funny way of catching up with people, whether doing the right thing as you did here, or this previous POS owner who didn't. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Gonna be a big fella. 

You aren't kidding. Already 115 lbs at 9 mo. My Dane died almost exactly a year ago at 13. He was a big but he didn't have the girth of this guy. 

And may be a little racist but named him snoop. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, pops said:

You aren't kidding. Already 115 lbs at 9 mo. My Dane died almost exactly a year ago at 13. He was a big but he didn't have the girth of this guy. 

And may be a little racist but named him snoop. 

Nah brotha-Black Dogs Matter and it's a perfect name.🤣

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Deej said:

That is old for a Dane.

Yeah....I wasn't ready for that one either. Daughter was 12 at the time and talked me into rescuing him. Was told he was like 18 months old and quick back of the napkin said he'd at least get her out of high school. 

First checkup with our vet and he was like how old do you think he is?   18 months. Uh... no. He's at least 4. Sonofabitch got my then 1 month old almost through 2nd grade. So he was great but it was brutal and I was done. Dane replaced a newfie that had congenital heart failure at 3 and I just couldn't take it anymore. 

Then this one fell into our lives and what do you do. My little guy started laugh crying when I said yes. The end sucks but they are all worth it in the meantime. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

My buddy has a dog named Django. Said buddy is black, so I think it's ok.

Sister was letting her daughter name her dog. The finalist were Bear and her favorite..

winnie the pooh vegas GIF

Had to explain to my sister how that might be problematic at the dog park when you start yelling his name. 

Bear it is. 

5 hours ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Sister was letting her daughter name her dog. The finalist were Bear and her favorite..

winnie the pooh vegas GIF

Had to explain to my sister how that might be problematic at the dog park when you start yelling his name. 

Hasn't been a problem in Mexico. And all the people here pronounce it "Tee-Gair"

tigger cueva.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2022-02-12_07-15-53

Frankenstein Bonnie.  2 Cysts and 2 cracked incisors removed. She loves wet food Nulo so much, she is almost okay with the cone of shame at night. I found Tiny Clyde nibbling at her stitches because he is a dirty bastard chihuahua so I may have to put the cone of shame on him at night but I gave him enough shit about it that he knows to leave it. So far so good. I'll take her to work with me all next week to keep an eye on her and make sure she doesn't jump or move too much and let them heal. She is pretty active for an 11 year old. Mah poor pupita.

Edited by burntorangebongos
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 7

21 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Yeah, time flies. Oldest will be 7 next month and youngest will be 5 in May.

Fu most definitely thinks she is only 15 lbs.

That’s right. I remember my eldest being same age as yours (she’ll be 7 on Easter). 2 girl dads ftw!  

There is an agreement in place to get a puppy once the youngest turns 3. So I’ve got 2 years to determine what large dog we want. 

• Like 1