Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

12 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
12 hours ago, pops said:
And one of them is only going to cost me 5 grand to do tpol surgery!   I swear to God....free dogs are the most expensive! 

Once you do one, odds are good you'll end up doing both. 5k sounds high, though. We just had it done on one of our Newfies. Was 3500, all in.

Yeah.... that's what we've been told.  Hoping that based on his age and really focusing on his rehab that the other one doesn't pop. But I've seen numbers as high as 65% need both if one goes.

I'm exaggerating a bit on the cost but not a ton. Surgery itself is 3500 but we're already 400 in on x-rays and initial visits then with meds and follow up and rehab it will be pretty close to 5k after it is all said and done. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, pops said:

Yeah.... that's what we've been told.  Hoping that based on his age and really focusing on his rehab that the other one doesn't pop. But I've seen numbers as high as 65% need both if one goes.

I'm exaggerating a bit on the cost but not a ton. Surgery itself is 3500 but we're already 400 in on x-rays and initial visits then with meds and follow up and rehab it will be pretty close to 5k after it is all said and done. 

Thankfully, our vet does a package deal that includes all meds and xrays included in the 3500.  Could definitely add at least another thousand if that wasn't the case.

1 hour ago, Deej said:

Both dogs just went to the vet to get their anal glands expressed.

"We can show you how to do this yourself so you don't have to bring them in every time."

"Just keep taking my money."

I started putting a tiny bit of Metamucil on my dogs' food after a vet tech told me too. It seemed to work some.

Boyfriend’s dog, Bevo. She’s a year and a half old. She stalks like a panther/tiger when we play catch at the dog park. She’s a mini-Labradoodle. It’s fun watching her do this at the dog park. Other people seem fascinated by the stalking thing she does right before you throw the ball. After she chases down the ball you will see the stalk thing in the video.

Edited by Nicole44
  • Hook 'Em 1