Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 11/10/2021 at 9:10 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Was she on a highway or busy road? I'd be scared too, poor girl. Yeah, she had a good life.

My girl is 11 and I found a fatty growth on her side but the vet didn't seem too concerned when I showed him. I think I want it off in case it turns into cancer. She is a cocker mix and still pretty spry. 

Mia or Bailey?  Mia was dumped on Washington Ave.  Found her way to the front gate.  That is where I found her.  Lardbutt was too tired to go any further.

Bailey and her brothers were literally thrown out of a car on 99, from what I understand.  A friend of a friend saw it and picked them up.  They all got adopted.

If I ever find that sumbitch there are going to be knuckles.

On 12/2/2021 at 5:23 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Just dropped a $1000 on Fusca. Removed a cyst from her foot and cleaned her teeth while she was under. They ended up pulling a broken tooth and two teeth that hadn’t broken the through but they thought could cause problems. I love this dog but damn, she went from being $20 to $6500 in non routine medical costs in her life.

Bruce is having TPLO surgery on Friday morning and they've said he will likely need the other side done as well.  I hear you on that.  He's gone from almost zero to $4000 on Friday and double that after the second.

So the Fusca saga continues. She was schedule to get stitches out on Friday, but yesterday when I got home she had a bad limp (hind leg). I think trying to get up in a chair while wearing the cone likely caused the injury. I knew right away it would be ACL, and that would cost another $5k. Took her to the vet today, confirmed that is what it is. Fuck my life. Poor dog. Good news is the incision has healed enough to remove the bandage, but now I need to find an orthopedic surgeon. They can refer us to the one we used before, but I am wondering if there is one in the area that is cheaper. I thought someone had told me about a vet in cypress that did it for less, but when I called they said they only refer to surgery centers.

Anyone have suggestions for a surgeon in NW Houston?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

So the Fusca saga continues. She was schedule to get stitches out on Friday, but yesterday when I got home she had a bad limp (hind leg). I think trying to get up in a chair while wearing the cone likely caused the injury. I knew right away it would be ACL, and that would cost another $5k. Took her to the vet today, confirmed that is what it is. Fuck my life. Poor dog. Good news is the incision has healed enough to remove the bandage, but now I need to find an orthopedic surgeon. They can refer us to the one we used before, but I am wondering if there is one in the area that is cheaper. I thought someone had told me about a vet in cypress that did it for less, but when I called they said they only refer to surgery centers.

Check out Emancipet. Think they have a location in Houston. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Player said:

1d9f6d46998671ff469c9edf2fd33f22.jpg

Just look at that FAFO expression on this recalcitrant bastard.

2254afc2a66800532156ad1a88a2225e.jpg

He loves to wrestle, but is a huge spazmatron.
Enjoy your victory now Mr. Blutarsky, for vengeance will be mine.

Watchoo talkin' bout, Willis? 

Great name btw.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, hookemATL said:

What a gorgeous dog. Good girl!🤘

She's a bit of a terror- barks at anyone that comes within 50 yards of the house, freaks on anyone coming to the door, chews shit up, still has the occasional accident, but I have to agree, she really is a pretty dog.

• Hook 'Em 2

15 minutes ago, Sbbruin said:

She's a bit of a terror- barks at anyone that comes within 50 yards of the house, freaks on anyone coming to the door, chews shit up, still has the occasional accident, but I have to agree, she really is a pretty dog.

Beautiful but psycho..... so she's a woman. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sbbruin said:

but extra cuteness overcomes all.....

you should get her a puppy to play with... that way you have 2 sentrys barking

• Haha 1

On 12/16/2021 at 9:01 AM, Patricio Swayze said:

Bruce is going under for his TPLO surgery in about 30 minutes.  Best wishes to Fu.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Bruce is going under for his TPLO surgery in about 30 minutes.  Best wishes to Fu.

Good luck to Bruce. I am sure he will be fine.

Fusca’s first one went well a couple of years ago. The surgeons here in Houston are all booked up. Don’t have a consultation until February 1st. I hate that she will be uncomfortable for that long, but the vet said if it was her dog, she would wait.

15 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Good luck to Bruce. I am sure he will be fine.

Fusca’s first one went well a couple of years ago. The surgeons here in Houston are all booked up. Don’t have a consultation until February 1st. I hate that she will be uncomfortable for that long, but the vet said if it was her dog, she would wait.

Yeah, Bruce has been on anti inflammatory medicine since mid November (he hurt himself at the beginning of Nov).  This was the soonest he could get in.

• Like 1

Just now, Sbbruin said:

Crosby got both of his knees TPLO'd.  Did one, and 6 months later..."POP".  Brutal.

Yep.  I'm prepared to do both.  Vet said the bad knee is 60% torn and the good one is at 40% torn.  Big dog issues...

They want to do both really close together to keep his rehab shorter, but I'm not sure I want to do that to him.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

How is Bruce doing? I hate seeing Fusca running around, or trying to, on 3 legs.

He's doing better than I expected, but it's tough since he's so big.  Have to walk him around the yard on a leash to go to the bathroom and help him up and down the stairs to the yard.  He's not messing with the incision, though, so that's good.

• Like 1