Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

6 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Just dropped a $1000 on Fusca. Removed a cyst from her foot and cleaned her teeth while she was under. They ended up pulling a broken tooth and two teeth that hadn’t broken the through but they thought could cause problems. I love this dog but damn, she went from being $20 to $6500 in non routine medical costs in her life.

Two words. Mexican vet.

Just now, Patricio Swayze said:

Well yeah, but I am 5.5 hours away from Nuevo Laredo. So…

I once had a wisdom tooth taken out in Brazil for $50 and it was easily one of the least painful dental procedures I have had.

That sucks. My GSP needed a grapefruit sized lipoma removed, and even the inexpensive Dripping Spings vet said 1200-1500. I got it done in Mexico for 200, which included teeth cleaning and full grooming.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Just dropped a $1000 on Fusca. Removed a cyst from her foot and cleaned her teeth while she was under. They ended up pulling a broken tooth and two teeth that hadn’t broken the through but they thought could cause problems. I love this dog but damn, she went from being $20 to $6500 in non routine medical costs in her life.

Yeah, I hear you.  But consider it's cheaper than giving half of your shit away in a divorce settlement and Fusca will love you no matter what.  You did good.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I have had it with these goddamn cats coming into the backyard. They drive my dogs crazy. While my dogs have dealt with a few, there are still three out there. They shit in my yard and of course the dogs eat the cat shit because they are dogs. I think they are strays and the neighbors are feeding them. Suggestions? Live trap and take to pound? Shoot them?

7 minutes ago, Patricio Swayze said:

I have had it with these goddamn cats coming into the backyard. They drive my dogs crazy. While my dogs have dealt with a few, there are still three out there. They shit in my yard and of course the dogs eat the cat shit because they are dogs. I think they are strays and the neighbors are feeding them. Suggestions? Live trap and take to pound? Shoot them?

Your last option is effective and I’ll never tell on you.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

you have 2 choices. 

#1 nice guy route.    take pics of the cats, post them on nextdoor/ facebook/ local neighborhood post.   ask if these look like anyones cats, or if anyone is feeding them

if you dont get any answer, check with your local pound to see how to drop off a cat.  and catch and release.  if you get someone saying they are theres have a sternly worded note written up with the words, I own a pit bull breed  that may very well rip cat to shreds- not my fault, youve been warned. [not that Fusca can catch them anymore]  or  sternly worded note that if they dont control the cats you are gonna call animal services to come pick them up after you caught them.

#2 just fucking catch them and call animal control that these are nuisance strays and they will usually come pick them up. 

sternly worded note is the key here though

you have 2 choices. 
#1 nice guy route.    take pics of the cats, post them on nextdoor/ facebook/ local neighborhood post.   ask if these look like anyones cats, or if anyone is feeding them

if you dont get any answer, check with your local pound to see how to drop off a cat.  and catch and release.  if you get someone saying they are theres have a sternly worded note written up with the words, I own a pit bull breed  that may very well rip cat to shreds- not my fault, youve been warned. [not that Fusca can catch them anymore]  or  sternly worded note that if they dont control the cats you are gonna call animal services to come pick them up after you caught them.
#2 just fucking catch them and call animal control that these are nuisance strays and they will usually come pick them up. 

sternly worded note is the key here though

Oh, she can catch them still. But since she is on the mend from surgery, she is out of commission for a couple of weeks. But I don’t want my dogs chasing after them. Mostly because they could get hurt doing so.

I guess I will catch them and call animal control. Fuck the owners (if there are any). No tags and just let your cat wander the hood shitting all over the place. Fuck you.

9 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why do they all do this?  God, so gross.  I have to watch Biff on walks or he'll just chow down.

my brothers lab will actually immediately roll in it, EXTENSIVELY  I'm talking head to fucking tail.  then immediately runs into the house.... god she reeks when that happens...

insta bath

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Why do they all do this?  God, so gross.  I have to watch Biff on walks or he'll just chow down.

I was told cats don't really digest much of the nutrients from their food. So their shits are like power bars for the dogs.

57 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

my brothers lab will actually immediately roll in it, EXTENSIVELY  I'm talking head to fucking tail.  then immediately runs into the house.... god she reeks when that happens...

insta bath

Same thing happens with a fresh cow pie up at the ranch-let them out, they have this fecal radar that locks on to the most recent pile and it's on like dom perignon.  Some instincts just cannot be explained but this one defies any and all logic.

23 hours ago, Patricio Swayze said:

Hold my beer!

On 12/2/2021 at 6:23 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Someone I grew up with took their dog to their local vet in Houston and it needed surgery, was going to cost them $6,700.  Called the small town vet back home and took the dog there, it was $430.   I don’t think that guy has changed his prices in thirty years, I take mine back to him always.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1