Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

5 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Well Tootsie and the new cat have become best friends

84CEC503-63DA-483E-B356-BEFDE1F92693.thumb.jpeg.4b4970aec9a9668e4883aa6c557738f8.jpeg4B7CE578-A9A1-4A3A-99A7-FCA18EECA5C2.thumb.jpeg.fad5d5c1885038af554c5d5a6147f607.jpeg

This makes me unspeakably happy amidst all the sadness of those of us who have recently lost our best friends...but I mean, I could see it coming from the posts a few weeks ago...this friendship.  From your post a few pages back:

BB93B14C-C959-4B6F-BF1F-1E3B36C79641.thumb.jpeg.af33de935ee10afb6e05a3e4a1918f92.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

10 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

@hobbes2702 It would be awesome to see their relationship progress in pics. They are super tight now. That's awesome. 

I’ll look through and see what I’ve got lolDA49F06E-C364-49DD-B986-8C745FD353BE.thumb.jpeg.f60850c9466bb851d3d9c737706f909e.jpeg

BAC1A0DA-B7F0-48DF-943C-F55EF49E49A2.thumb.jpeg.d73d40c31dbc5ced72df03913deda6c1.jpeg

Previous snuggle sesh about a month ago.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

On 10/20/2021 at 7:00 PM, Pato del Muerto said:

Soliciting vet recs in Georgetown. Max’s skin allergies have gone nuclear since we moved back to Texas, need to get him a cortisone shot while we figure out how to get him back under control. 

Koy animal clinic. My family has been taking our pets to him for 30 years.

• Hook 'Em 2

45 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

so is that mama in the pic?  and is she a trained herder?

also, how did they escape capture for 4 weeks?

Yep, mammie. Not a herder such as Babe the pig, a working cow dog or Border Collie that you see in the UK or Oz.

She is a livestock guardian---one of the guardian breeds developed in Southern Europe a couple or three thousand years ago.

Most of the old line breeding of these breeds have extra dewclaws on their hind legs--process of evolution where they had to climb steep terrain and even trees.

Momma  has been working in the wilds with a herd for the last six months. Had the litter under a steep up and down bluff that a person would hav been bit fourteen times by coontail rattlers before they ever got close enuff to try to get them from under the rocks.

I knew when she had them and knew close to where they were and I figured if they survived I would get them caught when she brought them out.

This morning she took them to work and I was able to get them caught in an opening before they got back in the roughs and got away.

Brought the pups back to the house with their mamma following and put her and the pups in an old stock trailer for the time being.

Went and checked the migrant family just a bit ago and momma has become re-socialized and the pups are wanting to dance a bit when you "puppy, puppy " them. 

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Yep, mammie. Not a herder such as Babe the pig, a working cow dog or Border Collie that you see in the UK or Oz.

She is a livestock guardian---one of the guardian breeds developed in Southern Europe a couple or three thousand years ago.

Most of the old line breeding of these breeds have extra dewclaws on their hind legs--process of evolution where they had to climb steep terrain and even trees.

Momma  has been working in the wilds with a herd for the last six months. Had the litter under a steep up and down bluff that a person would hav been bit fourteen times by coontail rattlers before they ever got close enuff to try to get them from under the rocks.

I knew when she had them and knew close to where they were and I figured if they survived I would get them caught when she brought them out.

This morning she took them to work and I was able to get them caught in an opening before they got back in the roughs and got away.

Brought the pups back to the house with their mamma following and put her and the pups in an old stock trailer for the time being.

Went and checked the migrant family just a bit ago and momma has become re-socialized and the pups are wanting to dance a bit when you "puppy, puppy " them. 

pretty cool stuff. where are you located?

4 minutes ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Across the Red River, Indian Territory.

Is it appropriate to say fuk OU? Cause I hate them more than the Burnt guys do.

I remember hiking in colorado with my dad as a kid and seeing some pyrenees guardians about a hundred yards away, doing their thing. cool dogs. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, futureman said:

I remember hiking in colorado with my dad as a kid and seeing some pyrenees guardians about a hundred yards away, doing their thing. cool dogs. 

Most of the guardian breeds---Pyrenees, Akbash, Anatolian, Bernese, Maremma, and Komondor make outstanding pets, companions, and protectors.

Loyal to a fault, more so than Labs. Take one of these breeds as a pup and bond it with a kid and the ice cream man ain't ever gonna kidnap that child.

Komondors if they are old line breeding  are one of the breeds a little tricky to own in that they eat azz pretty quick. Have to watch them around strangers for they are on point for their humans and if they don't like the strangers tone or body movements it could get on quick. Make great dogs for women who aren't sure about their safety at home or in public.

• Hook 'Em 3

GP’s are just the best. Very kind and gentle and loving. Yet when you give them a herd to watch/protect they do not fuck around. We never dealt with any predator kills when we used to have Boer goats, and Scooter would simply do his super deep and intimidating bark if any yotes even got close.

Always got a kick out of grooming him too. When he would need his undercoat brushed out it would fill up an entire contractor bag. 

❤️miss ya big boy

78AE011F-33B7-4A7C-8DF2-CA8A0F0F1A6D.jpeg

A5A572EB-C827-4122-ABDF-2DC16AFFEB22.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 9

16 hours ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Amazing. That sounds like heaven to me.

What does momma eat while she's out on the range for so long?

1 hour ago, MissingInAction said:

Amazing. That sounds like heaven to me.

What does momma eat while she's out on the range for so long?

Sheep and goat feed. Squirrels that they catch. And the cream de la creme, John Armadillo. They absolutely love it. 

Edited by Jim Ed Love
  • Hook 'Em 1