Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

34 minutes ago, mchookem said:

so i noticed tonight that Maggie appears to have worms in her poop...further investigation and i'm pretty positive she's got tapeworms.

so i have to call the vet tomorrow and i guess get some ivermectin. and explain that I REALLY DO JUST WANT IT FOR MY DOG 😐😜

Ivermec ain't gonna kill the tapeworms----it takes one of the white wormers, such as Safeguard or Panacur . Fun fact---back in the day not all that long ago the Native indigenous tribes of the Arctic (Eskimos) suffered frequently from insanity. Research determined that it was due to them being invested with dog tapeworms because of their close association with dogs and also the using of dog milk---at times when the infants had a milk shortage due to the mother they suckled the babies on a dog with pups. When humans contact dog tapeworms they have a stage where they migrate through the brain causing damage and insanity. 

53 minutes ago, Jim Ed Love said:

Ivermec ain't gonna kill the tapeworms----it takes one of the white wormers, such as Safeguard or Panacur . Fun fact---back in the day not all that long ago the Native indigenous tribes of the Arctic (Eskimos) suffered frequently from insanity. Research determined that it was due to them being invested with dog tapeworms because of their close association with dogs and also the using of dog milk---at times when the infants had a milk shortage due to the mother they suckled the babies on a dog with pups. When humans contact dog tapeworms they have a stage where they migrate through the brain causing damage and insanity. 

Thanks…for that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

Thanks…for that. 

Vet Parasitology----Should the average American dog owner be concerned? Not really. Echinococcus granulosus (dog tapeworm) are really not that prevalent. The majority of tapeworms that dogs here host are cattle or sheep tapeworm. EVEN if they are miles away from sheep or cattle.

On 8/31/2021 at 8:55 PM, Jim Ed Love said:

Secret aggy… vet

1 hour ago, OrangEngr said:

Secret aggy… vet

Naw, fuk that. Was there though for half a semester. Weirdest place I ever been around. Pots, silver taps, muster and the way they want to treat incoming students. Just total ass crazy. Knew I made a mistake by the second day. Was lucky enough that the original U that cruited me took me at fall break without any loss. Anyhow to hell with A&M.

• Hook 'Em 1

some dogs like tossing the ball around. finding no balls, sully goes for the salet

it's actually a gross thing sully does and why I won't let that dog lick me in the face. I've asked multiple vets over the course of him being my ward if I should be concerned and they've said it's a thing some dogs do. Kevin generally just goes with it although sometimes he tells Sully to fuck off.

Edited by Celery Man

15 hours ago, Nicole44 said:

What do y'all know about Italian greyhounds? I have a shot at meeting a mixed breed puppy tomorrow...her mom was Italian Greyhound. 

I know that the former fire chief and his wife here in Ft. Worth currently own two and had two previously.  Whenever Mrs. PCH and I would visit, they were immediately in our laps vying for affection and attention.  They worked with them diligently to house train them and they took to the crate within the first six months.  They walk them twice daily but they don't leave them outside as they prefer indoors.  That's my experience fwiw.

• Hook 'Em 1

Took the dogs out to the lake to visit my mom. Dogs aren't allowed on the furniture, much to Penny's chagrin. At one point, we are watching TV and my mom asks, "Where's Penny?" We look around and she had snuck quietly onto one of the sofas. Mom went and got a blanket to put on the sofa. She gave up. 

• Hook 'Em 4

This is Clark. He's a baller little Aussie Doodle, who belongs to my wife's uncle. He's getting snipped soon, but this weekend, he spent about 75% of his time trying to mount a Golden that was at the labor day celebrating. I respect the effort. be9d60dd6af7d5112546663b43a9c17e.jpg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 hours ago, dcbc said:

This is Clark. He's a baller little Aussie Doodle, who belongs to my wife's uncle. He's getting snipped soon, but this weekend, he spent about 75% of his time trying to mount a Golden that was at the labor day celebrating. I respect the effort. be9d60dd6af7d5112546663b43a9c17e.jpg

In the words of Janis Joplin, "Get it while you can", Clark!  Good looking doggo.

• Hook 'Em 1