Tom Brady Is UnFucking Real

Vic Mackey

45 minutes ago, smwhorn said:

He wasn't "meh" in the fourth quarter.

Yeah, "meh" was a little strong on my part. He played pretty well at times, especially considering the constant pressure, but he just couldn't link much together (3rd and 8 run play in Rams' territory, missed field goal, not converting 4th and 1, etc). Like a 'C minus' game overall for Brady's standards.

Like I said, not quite like the Broncos' D carrying Manning all postseason to his 2nd title.

You’re right Brady sucks. 
Except he holds these all-time NFL career records in the regular and post season:
Wins - 237
Completions - 7,009
Attempts - 10,964
Passing Yards - 81,693
TD - 590 
So competing against bills jets dolphins for playoff spots over last 18 years doesnt give you lots of playoff games???
People cant bash pettites post season records as just playing for yankees and always in playoffs then expect people not to critique bradys stats

21 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

He’s also the most clutch QB of all time. 

“Tom Brady has 6 game-winning drives in the 4th quarter or overtime of the Super Bowl. Nobody else has more than 6 game-winning drives in the POSTSEASON since 1970.”

https://mobile.twitter.com/ESPNStatsInfo/status/1092261309771468801?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1092261309771468801&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.rawgit.com%2Fs9e%2Fs9e.github.io%2Fmaster%2Fiframe%2Ftwitter.min.html%231092261309771468801

will that stupid fuckhead respond to this? doubtful

Just now, Bone3421 said:

So competing against bills jets dolphins for playoff spots over last 18 years doesnt give you lots of playoff games???
People cant bash pettites post season records as just playing for yankees and always in playoffs then expect people not to critique bradys stats

Hey genius. He's been to the Superbowl 50%(9) of the time and the AFC championship 66%(12) of the time he's been in the league. It's likely we never see a period of dominance like we have seen with him at the helm of the Patriots. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Yeah, "meh" was a little strong on my part. He played pretty well at times, especially considering the constant pressure, but he just couldn't link much together (3rd and 8 run play in Rams' territory, missed field goal, not converting 4th and 1, etc). Like a 'C minus' game overall for Brady's standards.

Like I said, not quite like the Broncos' D carrying Manning all postseason to his 2nd title.

I knew what you meant.  If it had been most, if not all.the others who would have faced the same defense today, the ball gets turned over more.  I do'nt see any of the other qbs winning that game with the way the Rams defense played.  

6 minutes ago, immamac said:

Hey genius. He's been to the Superbowl 50%(9) of the time and the AFC championship 66%(12) of the time he's been in the league. It's likely we never see a period of dominance like we have seen with him at the helm of the Patriots. 

Don't feed the troll.  He can't be that fucking stupid.  He claimed in.an earlier post that he's 40 years old (or something close).  His posts sounds like he is 14 and not quite through puberty.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Victor Lazlo said:

That is a dumb take. 

Winning adds to his legacy. Duh. 

8804533.gif

Yes, you're right. It does. I'm referring specifically to his performance in this game. 

Best way I can put it is when VY crossed the goal line against USC in the Rose Bowl. Everyone knew on a gut level what Craig Way was saying when he shouted "He did it again!" Vince Young beat USC.

Colt was a great college qb that beat Nebraska for a conference championship. Tebow was a great college qb that beat Oklahoma for a national championship. Neither of those performances have a "He did it again!" moment, as did this SB for Brady.

Again, very good case GOAT, but won't be littered with this SB's highlights when making the case.

• Like 1

Exactly right...QB wins SB's not orginizations not great coaches not superior salary cap management with a top 1/2 qb who takes 15 million less than market value in salary cap era...yeah if patriots didnt have brady to hand off all the ball on last drive they never would have won thier 6th

471251f941401d8d9aa2eb8c9d275c99.gif
  • Like 2

Thats fine but maybe you should look into the whole picture i spelled out earlier in thread....let you in on a hint only 6 afc teams have managed over a .500 record last 18 years

Don't feed the troll.  He can't be that fucking stupid.  He claimed in.an earlier post that he's 40 years old (or something close).  His posts sounds like he is 14 and not quite through puberty.
Only because you cant talk big picture and all the aspects that go into it...you just say 9 sb and 6*wins now

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

How does this SB add to his legacy? Not denying his greatness, but this one was Dilferesque.

Because he made the throws when it counted? Of course he didn't play his best game. But how about the games leading up to this one? They were unreal on how how efficient he was. In the game of football, you aren't going to play great every game. But he didn't lose his team the game. And he made that throw to Gronk to win the game really. 

Texas/Nebraska was a very ugly game in 2009. Reminded me of this one. Physical and defenses dominating. But a win is a win and we were happy to advance. Pats are happy to win.

Brady is now 6 for 9 in the Super Bowls. After all his said and done, no one is going to nitpick Super Bowl victories. Last year he threw for over 500yds but lost.

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

Yup....brady was 21 for 35 with 0 td and 1 int GREATNESS. He is best ever and willed teams to 6 SB wins all by himself...ge has never played with the best defensive coach to walk the earth or had benefit of most complete team

Or dodging the rightful team in SB

Are we still doing this? Saints lost that game on their own. They weren't rightful. They choked in every way you can think of. Brees did not play great.

After the Dallas game, the Saints and Brees took a nosedive on offense. Brady would have beaten Brees as well. Brees couldn't even beat Goff.

1 hour ago, Bone3421 said:

I luv you

Yeah brady played so great today with his 70 qb rating and 0 td with 1 int

Good thing bill is greastest defensive coach to grace this planet so everyone can say how great brady would be if he played in earlier era's

Brady lost a Super Bowl where he threw for over 500yards. Who fucking cares. He won the game. He made one pass that sealed the game and that was to Gronk. Great QBs make plays when it matters. No matter how how the game has went up to that point.

If you are having to nitpick Super Bowls, you know that player is damn good.

Does anyone remember exactly the stats Jordan put up in every one of his Finals games? No. Just that he has 6 titles. No one 30 years from now is going to give a shit what exactly Brady's stats were in each Super Bowl? You honestly think a QB is going to put up great stat lines in every single game? That isn't how football works. That isn't how any sport works. Brady being the best ever goes beyond just the final game of the season. It is the whole body of work.

Go back and tell me Brady's stats in the 2 games that got them here. And get back at me. I'll wait...

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Yes, you're right. It does. I'm referring specifically to his performance in this game. 

Again, very good case GOAT, but won't be littered with this SB's highlights when making the case.

Look, I don’t like the fact that Brady and the Pats have dominated the NFL for the last 2 decades. 

But I’ve - we’ve -got to give him credit. This was the last game of the NFL season. Champions of the NFC vs champions of the AFC. 

And he managed to get the victory once again. 

The record books aren’t going to differentiate between great performances and shitty performances. 

Just wins. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

Best way I can put it is when VY crossed the goal line against USC in the Rose Bowl. Everyone knew on a gut level what Craig Way was saying when he shouted "He did it again!" Vince Young beat USC.

Colt was a great college qb that beat Nebraska for a conference championship. Tebow was a great college qb that beat Oklahoma for a national championship. Neither of those performances have a "He did it again!" moment, as did this SB for Brady.

Well Brady is not VY type player so he is not going to have that same level of excitement. But you honestly don't think he won't have a lot of highlights? Hell he was fucking nails in both the Seattle and Atlanta Super Bowls. He was great in the loss last year.

He made big time plays in each of his first 3. Dude will dissect a defense like no one we have seen. 

2 minutes ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

No. Brady will have a fuckton of highlights. Just not from this game. Unless throwing to a wide open Oopah Loompah is a highlight.

Gotcha. I thought you meant in all his Super Bowls once he retires.

I agree. Today he made one great pass to get them the game winning TD to Gronk. He made another pass on that drive to lead Gronk perfectly that kick started the drive. Edelman wide open a lot and hit him on those. Wade disguised his defense very well today and threw Brady off. Rams got Brady off his normal game. 

• Like 1

Because he made the throws when it counted? Of course he didn't play his best game. But how about the games leading up to this one? They were unreal on how how efficient he was. In the game of football, you aren't going to play great every game. But he didn't lose his team the game. And he made that throw to Gronk to win the game really. 
Texas/Nebraska was a very ugly game in 2009. Reminded me of this one. Physical and defenses dominating. But a win is a win and we were happy to advance. Pats are happy to win.
Brady is now 6 for 9 in the Super Bowls. After all his said and done, no one is going to nitpick Super Bowl victories. Last year he threw for over 500yds but lost.
But thats why some people disagree with the qb talk of stats and measurements...
Everyone wants to say they made plays when it mattered but when qb's lose a team sport its because the qb failed....only with talking about brady do i hear arguments about how good he played

Nobody cares about mannings, rodgers, big bens,romos failures they only bring up how well one qb played in a loss and that qb has the best ever coach and has had some very mediocre games in wins

Brady lost a Super Bowl where he threw for over 500yards. Who fucking cares. He won the game. He made one pass that sealed the game and that was to Gronk. Great QBs make plays when it matters. No matter how how the game has went up to that point.
Does anyone remember exactly the stats Jordan put up in every one of his Finals games? No. Just that he has 6 titles. No one 30 years from now is going to give a shit what exactly Brady's stats were in each Super Bowl? You honestly think a QB is going to put up great stat lines in every single game? That isn't how football works. That isn't how any sport works. Brady being the best ever goes beyond just the final game of the season. It is the whole body of work.
Go back and tell me Brady's stats in the 2 games that got them here. And get back at me. I'll wait...
And just like your stating in brady has been my point about joe...dont let the history die while you can remember it...document what really happened so there is a record

Im fine with letting future generations know that afc was weak and brady is/was a great qb who had a whole different scenario and rules than even when started his career,yet alone 30 years ago

If i have stated one wrong fact about the differences in joes era vs bradys era then point it out....but i dont think we just need to reward the current watered down era has greatest player ever

Ive said he is in argument and keying in on the ones who say it isnt a contest

What the fuck are you even talking about? Before tonight, I hardly ever hear anyone praise Brady excessively for last year's game. A loss is a loss. We're only bringing it up now because some dumbass is trying to pick him apart for playing mediocre in his 9th fucking Super Bowl.

2 hours ago, Bevo VIII said:

How does winning 6 Super Bowls add to his legacy? Well only the Steelers as an organization have as many as Brady.

You can point out that he didn’t set the world on fire in this win or that their early greatness was more due to defense, but at a certain point you’re arguing against this point above. The only constant on the field over the past 17 years and 6 Super Bowl wins has been Brady.

Edited by Mole

wait, are people seriously trying to argue that brady was great tonight?  that game was spare as fuck and just because goff out-spared him doesn't mean that brady was good.  he wasn't.  

he's a great fucking player and one of the best of all time, but tonight was not one of the reasons why.  he was much fucking better in last year's loss.

• Like 1

What the fuck are you even talking about? Before tonight, I hardly ever hear anyone praise Brady excessively for last year's game. A loss is a loss. We're only bringing it up now because some dumbass is trying to pick him apart for playing mediocre in his 9th fucking Super Bowl.
Read more threads

Well bradys last game before his amazing 0 td 1int SB game was a 30 for 46 1 td 2int 77 rated masterpiece apparently

People say a lot of this stupid shit when they argue LeBron as the GOAT. 

"Well Jordan had better teams and less competition and lost in the first round more times"

You know what MJ also did? Win 6 fucking championships. And 6 Finals MVPs. No other player has more than 3. 

Brady's SB record is probably even more untouchable when you think about it. 9 appearances. 6 wins. 4 MVPs. 

If he makes that 10 and 7 and 5 next season or before he retires you're looking at Gretzky level absurdity in the record books. 

He has more SB appearances than any team and now has as many wins as the Steelers in their entire franchise history. 

When you win to that dominant of a degree you don't get to bring his legacy down by making claims like "well the defense won the first 3 titles... he wasn't that great in this one..."

No. Just stop. 6 rings as a starting QB. No he doesn't win 6 on a different team with a different coach. The Pats also dont win 6 with a different quarterback.

• Like 4

Oh, and on the Montana comparison, yeah he was a great quarterback. Probably one of the 5 best to ever do it. 

You know what though? He did it with the hands down greatest receiver and five greatest PLAYERS in NFL History. 

You saw what Brady did with one great season of Moss. 50 TDs and 18-0 before dropping the final game to the Giants. 

Oh, and on the Montana comparison, yeah he was a great quarterback. Probably one of the 5 best to ever do it. 
You know what though? He did it with the hands down greatest receiver and five greatest PLAYERS in NFL History. 
You saw what Brady did with one great season of Moss. 50 TDs and 18-0 before dropping the final game to the Giants. 
So montana gets docked for having great player but brady doesn't for gronk plus greatest coach

Montana doesnt get credit for way tougher path/era but brady gets to avoid hits and play until 42 years old with flags on his chest

Would brady play so long in early 80's to 90's when we know if you hit him you win???

Watered down salary cap vs you die here unless we trade you depth???

So many differences ...

3 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

And didnt ty law just get into hof...brady played with scrubs argument is weak and easily proven wrong

You are adding nothing to this conversation anymore. All you keep repeating are insane arguments that do nothing to disparage Tom Brady's overall package and what he has accomplished. 

You are just responding to people and yelling at clouds, start presenting actual arguments instead of just whining because you don't like the guy.

• Like 1

You are adding nothing to this conversation anymore. All you keep repeating are insane arguments that do nothing to disparage Tom Brady's overall package and what he has accomplished. 
You are just responding to people and yelling at clouds, start presenting actual arguments instead of just whining because you don't like the guy.
I have already stated everything earlier in thread and some people keep making same tired points so i keep making same tired points...internet and all ya know, fun stuff
  • Fuck You 1

7 hours ago, aggie08 said:

Nah. He sucks. He lost 3 Super Bowls. Can't be a good QB and lose 3. The only worse QB than Brady is Jim Kelly. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Those 49ers teams were stacked at every level. Even excluding Rice, Dwight Clark and John Taylor are better than any receiver Brady has ever played with except Moss. Roger Craig is better than every RB Brady has played with. The 49ers OL and defense were also top to bottom better than what the Patriots trot out there. The only stronger piece on Brady's team is at TE. But Gronk is also 75 years old this year. 

Montana was awesome, but the 49ers swapped him for Steve Young and continued winning and won a super bowl without missing a beat. Brady was out one season and the Pats missed the playoffs. 

This year, I don't think any other QB would have even made the playoffs with Edelman, Hogan, old Gronk, and a bunch of spare RBs.

7 hours ago, Bone3421 said:

So montana gets docked for having great player but brady doesn't for gronk plus greatest coach

Montana doesnt get credit for way tougher path/era but brady gets to avoid hits and play until 42 years old with flags on his chest

Would brady play so long in early 80's to 90's when we know if you hit him you win???

Watered down salary cap vs you die here unless we trade you depth???

So many differences ...

Could you hop over to the 2019 recruiting thread? We could could really use your dedicated trolling to get to 1000 pages. 

Edited by totallynotabuttpirate

Those 49ers teams were stacked at every level. Even excluding Rice, Dwight Clark and John Taylor are better than any receiver Brady has ever played with except Moss. Roger Craig is better than every RB Brady has played with. The 49ers OL and defense were also top to bottom better than what the Patriots trot out there. The only stronger piece on Brady's team is at TE. But Gronk is also 75 years old this year. 
Montana was awesome, but the 49ers swapped him for Steve Young and continued winning and won a super bowl without missing a beat. Brady was out one season and the Pats missed the playoffs. 
This year, I don't think any other QB would have even made the playoffs with Edelman, Hogan, old Gronk, and a bunch of spare RBs.
Exactly. Those Niners teams were fucking loaded. In Brady's first 3 Super Bowls, who was his best WR, Troy Brown?

Brady can beat you any type of way. Death by paper cuts which is what they do now or if you give him one of the most explosive WRs in Moss, he can turn the offense into one of the best ever and throw for 50Tds. Their offense in 2007 was amazing. Up until then, no one thought of Brady as an air it out QB. I think that season gets lost for some because they lost to the Giants and it killed their perfect season. And their offense was non existent for that game.

Brady made Hogan into a star a few years ago.