The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The Senate may have flipped.  Otherwise, not much else would have happened.  2018 was a easy year for incumbent Republican senators.  It would probably have taken a video of Trump getting pegged by a Russian hooker to have had enough momentum to put the R's in the minority.

It's the good old-fashioned "Dead hooker or live boy" thing.

4 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Violation of the gag order?

Does look like it.

4 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

If Trump's supporters cared about facts, they wouldn't be his supporters. What we're dealing with is the life imitating art. Except instead of a Broadway musical, it's the highest office in the most militarily powerful nation on Earth. Nothing to be worried about.

4 hours ago, Mo Horn said:

I really wish there was some way to know what the founding fathers would say about all of this. Maybe this is exactly what they envisioned, maybe they would be crying, or maybe they'd be laughing their assess off. 

I think this is exactly what they envisioned. This kind of chicanery is nothing new; it's merely unusual.

3 hours ago, TexArcher said:

Is suborning perjury still illegal?  Seems like it's illegal.

See response to JimmyJazz above.

3 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

We’re not breaking the law, we’re just testing it.

We're definitely well into testing the Constitution here.

2 hours ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Jesus, the Dems aren't much better...

Nope.

2 hours ago, hayden_horn said:

oh shit, deutsche bank mention! drink! (actually not drinking)

2 hours ago, Pig Bellmont said:

See response to JimmyJazz above. Again. Trump's supporters have already abandoned any interest in nonsense like "facts" and "truth." They're the sort of people who try to keep scientific fact from being taught in schools already. Trump is the ultimate end result of a war on facts that has been waged among the country's right-wing for decades. They don't care what's true. They only care about winning.

2 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Calling someone a pathological liar in defense of Donald Trump. You can tell the side that's full of shit because  they're the ones advancing a contradiction. 

Mr. Gosar with an "Oops" moment. 

It's not a contradiction; it's hypocrisy.

2 hours ago, retread said:

The Rs really hate liars.

IT'S LIKE RAIIAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIIIN ON YER WEDDING DEHY

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Lulz.  "I'm responsible for your silliness because I did the same thing you're doing now."

i haven't seen a congressional witness slamdunk this hard since ollie north

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So annoying that I have to be at work during this. Trying to keep up with this thread is difficult 

Seriously. I actually have shit to do. I'm pretty sure I have a date tonight with a martini and a recap video though.

27 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

So they're best argument is that Cohen's a corrupt, liar, who was also in charge of the party's finances until recently. I'm going on Brisket's ledge as 35% of the country buys this crap.

Have contractors in the house working on the kitchen. They've done various projects in our home over the last 4 years. Their reaction was, 'This shit is unbelievable can you imagine how much worse it would have been if HRC had been elected. Thank god we dodged that.'

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

1 minute ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Have contractors in the house working on the kitchen. They've done various projects in our home over the last 4 years. Their reaction was, 'This shit is unbelievable can you imagine how much worse it would have been if HRC had been elected. Thank god we dodged that.'

Any stories from the hipster/liberal coffee shop in your neighborhood?

1 hour ago, TwiceHorn said:

When the law is on your side, pound the law.  When the facts are on your side, pound the facts.  When neither is on your side, pound the table.

And the attempts to make him look like a liar/snitch may be red meat to "the base."

I've been all out of rep for a while, and there have been many posts I've wanted to rep, but this is the one where I wish I had one point left.

1 hour ago, hayden_horn said:

lulz, the president is working tirelessly. as hard as mack brown was in florida!

Excellent comparison.

the fact that he and meadows think that they continue to score gotcha points on cohen is amazing to me. they are coming across as morons.

They are the morons? Have you met their base?

lulz, back to film and book deals. as if this is a surprise. of COURSE he's going to do a book and/or movie deal. it's really going to be his only way to make a living when he gets out of prison.

Naw, man. If he looks this good on TV, he'll get a gig as a TV news commentator.

5 minutes ago, Captainant said:

that is what we call a "photoshop" in the biz

5 minutes ago, Eggo said:

Completely real. 

5 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Dude.

5 minutes ago, housious said:

Dude

Thanks for straightening me out. Sadly I felt like I had to ask. I have no idea what is real today. We live in bizarro world. 

• Like 4

So Cohen provided documentary evidence today of both DonJr and POTUS committing ongoing felonies via Trump Org including while Trump was in the Oval.  

Trump Org RICO takedown seems appropriate and the table is definitely set for Jr to get perp walked by SDNY any second.

• Like 2