The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

Cohen is destroying the last shreds of credibility of Trump the man, while Trump is in Vietnam destroying the credibility of the US presidency, dancing to Putin’s tune and flattering a mass-murdering dictator.

Putin likely told Trump he’d get a prize for this humiliating performance with Kim Jong-un, but the Best Picture award goes to the producer, and that’s Putin. And Tom Clancy would never have written so unrealistic a script!

They might find an “honest witness” if Trump ever hired anyone less corrupt than he is! Or is the only truth-teller the man who always surrounded himself with so many liars, crooks and spies?

These Republicans sound like they are auditioning for Cohen’s old job as Trump’s defender and lackey.

2 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How does 11 checks for 35k amount to 130k?  Or did the earlier payments differ in value.  The impression was equal payments of 35k.

Or its possible that there was additional funds for a different payout to a different person that hasn't seen the light of day yet.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

How does 11 checks for 35k amount to 130k?  Or did the earlier payments differ in value.  The impression was equal payments of 35k.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Seriously?  What on earth makes you think they were all for the same amount?

Pretty sure he said that the reason there were 11 checks is because one of the monthly payments included two checks.

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Good lord Jim Jordan is a fucking meathead.  He simply doesn't get how stupid he is coming across.

As a former wrestler (although I didn't sniff the NCAA unlike the esteemed Mr. Jordan) I'm embarassed.  Thanks for making us all look that stupid.

the fact that he and meadows think that they continue to score gotcha points on cohen is amazing to me. they are coming across as morons.

Just now, DDD Dad said:

Pretty sure he said that the reason there were 11 checks is because one of the monthly payments included two checks.

"This $35,000 check was one of 11 check installments that was paid throughout the year – while he was President."

I interpreted this as "equal installments" but that might very well be a bad read. 

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

the fact that he and meadows think that they continue to score gotcha points on cohen is amazing to me. they are coming across as morons.

them "catching" him in a "lie" about the form is going to be lead news on tucker/hannity

Edited by elfenix

I'm glad this shit is all out in the open. I hope we see a lot more public testimony.

Remember when Ray Rice knocked out his girlfriend? It was condemned but what made everyone aghast and rocketed the story to page 1 for weeks was when the video dropped. Seeing and hearing shit with your own eyes is so much more compelling than reports and newsbites. Let the parade of witnesses begin!

• Like 2