The House Oversight Committee 2019

Hugo Stiglitz

32 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Yeah, Cohen even said it himself - "don't believe me, believe the documents". It's a completely ineffectual attack from the republicans

They aren’t trying to sway a jury with facts. They’re trying to puff up in view of their constituents so they feel like they have a guy fighting for their interests in Washington. 

LOL this is what always happens in these hearings.  You dont remember dems talking about yearbooks with Kavanaugh?
So in your mind Democrats discussing documents with a witness is the same as Republicans ignoring and refusing to discuss documents with a witness.

Truly, you have a dizzying intellect.
  • Like 2

Meadows has massive balls and a tiny brain for talking about business dealings that are supposed to be disclosed while defending a president who's been in violation of the emoluments clause the entire time.

Again, they're loading the canons for Maddow, Cuomo, et al.

Edited by TexArcher

Every GOP on the committee is clearly fighting for his/her political life. Every statement, if viewed in the context of their complicity in taking foreign money and betraying the country, makes the case that they will go to any end to smother the truth for as long as they can. 

We're fucked if a third of the country sticks with this band of criminals even after they are proven to be criminals.

We're fucked. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

mr. meadows continues to hammer away on this "waiting until the last possible minute."

is that illegal?

"don't give me this BULL!" is not a good luck. why republicans think angry is the only way to go is beyond me.

Because many of the people who support them are dimwitted simpletons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, hayden_horn said:

mr. meadows continues to hammer away on this "waiting until the last possible minute."

is that illegal?

"don't give me this BULL!" is not a good luck. why republicans think angry is the only way to go is beyond me.

When the law is on your side, pound the law.  When the facts are on your side, pound the facts.  When neither is on your side, pound the table.

And the attempts to make him look like a liar/snitch may be red meat to "the base."

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

is that illegal?

wrasslin'

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

Because all of the constituents are angry retirees who spend all day yelling at the TV.  It’s not so much a political party as it is a WWF audience.

• Like 4

Just now, RomaVicta said:

We're fucked if a third of the country sticks with this band of criminals even after they are proven to be criminals.

We're fucked. 

Yes, but not forever.  Every day a few thousand Fox News viewers die and a few thousand liberals turn 18.  The GOP's fealty to old, rich white guys is going to be their undoing.  They've lost an entire generation.

1 minute ago, TexArcher said:

Yes, but not forever.  Every day a few thousand Fox News viewers die and a few thousand liberals turn 18.  The GOP's fealty to old, rich white guys is going to be their undoing.  They've lost an entire generation.

Those Fox News viewers have children and grandchildren who've been indoctrinated to be just like them. Don't expect any change.