Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Just me, but I don't care whether Shepherd ends up at Texas any more...

giphy.gif

Meh, it's all between the ears for Shep. You can't teach his size or athleticism (when he wants to). 

Personally I'd rather him stick and make it to campus and see if he can get his mind right enough to be a contributor. If not, hit the bricks kid. 

• Like 2

Just now, TankedBevo said:

Meh, it's all between the ears for Shep. You can't teach his size or athleticism (when he wants to). 

Personally I'd rather him stick and make it to campus and see if he can get his mind right enough to be a contributor. If not, hit the bricks kid. 

^^^^ Where I’m at.

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I said as of late, or meant as of late. Wasn’t meant to be some racial war on CR. Look at our line now, who has progressed and who hasn’t, our most recent high pick was Connor. Roast and neg away, didn’t know the blizzard was tightening vags’ from hundreds of miles away. 

Keep digging.

19 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

/noracist but our history with African American offensive lineman has been....well, offensive. Until I see otherwise, JS is great if it happens but not a huge deal if not. 

I don't give enough fucks to look it up, but recently I think it was you who stated that he was younger than most of the board, or something to that effect.  That right there should indicate to you that attempting historical perspective on the program may be, er... ill-advised.

36 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

I'm not optimistic about JS being in the class, or if does end up signing with us, being a contributor. His real value is that aggy thought he was all wrapped up and he ended up committing to us. That was funny. 

Unfortunately, they also have like 2 or 3 guys who we thought were ours committed to them right now.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I said as of late, or meant as of late. Wasn’t meant to be some racial war on CR. Look at our line now, who has progressed and who hasn’t, our most recent high pick was Connor. Roast and neg away, didn’t know the blizzard was tightening vags’ from hundreds of miles away. 

You made a stupid statement.  Don't double down.  Negged for being an extra-obstinate dumbass.

Was more along the lines of-Hudson, okafor, delance, Hodges, major. 

But you’re right if it came off as a tone deaf comment then I apologize and point out that is not how it was meant. I’ll accept the negs and am sorry for the post. “If you saw my friends then you’d know...” nevermind, probably not the time. 

• Fuck You 2

Just now, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

But you’re right if it came off as a tone deaf comment then I apologize and point out that is not how it was meant. I’ll accept the negs and am sorry for the post. “If you saw my friends then you’d know...” nevermind, probably not the time. 

Okafor's career has not concluded. If Hudson ends up not contributing, it probably won't be his faillures on the field.

I'd chalk up most of our OL busts to bad evaluations, lack of coaching/scheme continuity, and poor development.

2 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I don't know if you meant to be negative towards AAs or linemen, but I think most of our players have under-performed over the last 10 years.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I said as of late, or meant as of Late. Wasn’t meant to be racist. I’ll take it down and the negs. Lord have mercy. Was a comment on recent trends not race.

We have had 1 lineman drafted in the last 8 or 9 years, not exactly a good sample size. 

Just now, Machinator said:

Okafor's career has not concluded. If Hudson ends up not contributing, it probably won't be his faillures on the field.

I'd chalk up most of our OL busts to bad evaluations, lack of coaching/scheme continuity, and poor development.

It was simply we have more success one way as of late, wasn’t saying we should fucking drop Tyler Johnson or all of the colored people. Came out wrong, I’ll leave it at that and sincerely apologize. Onto the next topic and if anyone wants to challenge my views on race then feel free to dm me and we can talk. But as a recovering heroin addict who moved to LA and now helps all walks of people turn their life around from addiction, I don’t think I’m the person to come at as a racist. 

• Fuck You 9

1 minute ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

It was simply we have more success one way as of late, wasn’t saying we should fucking drop Tyler Johnson or all of the colored people. Came out wrong, I’ll leave it at that and sincerely apologize. Onto the next topic and if anyone wants to challenge my views on race then feel free to dm me and we can talk. But as a recovering heroin addict who moved to LA and now helps all walks of people turn their life around from addiction, I don’t think I’m the person to come at as a racist. 

Go away.

ouSUX

6 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

I don't think you're necessarily a racist, but you need to be a little smarter about how you bring up something like that, especially since the underlying cause that led to your assertion has nothing to do with race (OL coaching being super shitty + lack of continuity in offensive scheme). Most of the 12-13 nonblack OL we've signed in the last 8 years have also sucked. It's not a coincidence that the best ones in that group were the most recent players.

Edited by Bevo14
  • Like 2