Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

7 hours ago, pigmeat markham said:

Won't go to Tech.  It now appears the new staff at TT didn't even offer. His high school teammate and current TT commit sent out a tweet today indicating his displeasure with that fact. Wasnt going to play QB and there are multiple DBs and WRs they like better.

Hard to believe a West Texas 4 star ATH would not find a spot on this current Tech roster...... 

Pigmeat.... Maybe check your Tech resources further.  Starting to feel more like PP has created a lot more questions about himself by sneaking off to the Baylor visit?

8 minutes ago, Red Five said:

You’d think our gaping hole at nickel would be appealing to Catalon. Like, we don’t have one.

And yeah yeah, South Austin’s mom’s gaping hole is appealing.

Isn’t that where Jamison is projected to?

*Nickel, not South Austin’s mom’s gaping hole. Although I guess it could be both.  

Edited by BigVegasHorn26

15 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Isn’t that where Jamison is projected to?

*Nickel, not South Austin’s mom’s gaping hole. Although I guess it could be both.  

Jamison has no chance at nickel with the current way the position is used, so they either need to change the position or move him to outside corner 

Circling back to Powell for a minute...

He was a complete head-scratcher when we offered him.  He's not good enough to be a QB here, he'd be at the bottom of the depth chart as a WR, and I'm not sure how he'd fit as a DB.  I thought he was a waste of a spot when he committed, despite his 4-star status and Urban supposedly pushing hard for him.  He'll probably end up at Baylor buried on the WR depth chart, getting a few touches a year, or he'll be a Heisman winning QB. 

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

There's rumors he's been a bit grumpy/transfer-y.

He's a true freshman and if he's acting like that, then the door is over there and don't care if it hits you on the way out. VY and Colt McCoy redshirted, who the fuck does he think he is? Oh that's right, I forgot who his father is.

11 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

That makes sense on Thompson. It was bound to happen with Sam playing so well. You can’t keep him here if he wants to play QB. He’ll be 3rd or 4th on the depth chart his entire time here.

I thought that as well until I saw him in the spring game, he looked very good.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I like him a lot as a safety/nickel where his tremendous instincts, football IQ, and ball skills make a difference, but his lack of uncommon physical traits, recent bad injury, and Naivar's ability to recruit safeties at an elite clip have me not caring too much about where he decides to go. I actually wouldn't mind him going to Arkansas to help beat A&M every once in awhile, if it's not Texas.  

He is mom is a sooner through and through, I also hope he ends up at arkie.

17 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

He's a true freshman and if he's acting like that, then the door is over there and don't care if it hits you on the way out. VY and Colt McCoy redshirted, who the fuck does he think he is? Oh that's right, I forgot who his father is.

I think it's more like he's realizing that he's #2 in the pecking order for the redshirt QBs, in which case if you're afraid of the competition, have fun at Sam Houston.

1 hour ago, Fud said:

I like him a lot as a safety/nickel where his tremendous instincts, football IQ, and ball skills make a difference, but his lack of uncommon physical traits, recent bad injury, and Naivar's ability to recruit safeties at an elite clip have me not caring too much about where he decides to go. I actually wouldn't mind him going to Arkansas to help beat A&M every once in awhile, if it's not Texas.  

Yeah, but I think his parents are too lazy to drive to Austin, let alone Arkysaw.

39 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Might want to give the kid a break?  If Shane stays, then he's running 4th string.... managing backup QBs expectations is a tough part of the job nowadays since these kids are used to always playing during High School....

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

52 minutes ago, Machinator said:

WR Al’Vonte Woodard broke his collarbone during a collision. No word on the severity of the injury,

I mean, unless it's shattered in a million pieces, isn't that kind of a binary deal?

3 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Might want to give the kid a break?  If Shane stays, then he's running 4th string.... managing backup QBs is a tough part of the job nowadays when these kids are used to playing....

But shouldn’t you know that when you’re part of a 2 QB class with 2 upperclassmen. Gotta know realistic best case scenario is 3rd string and you won’t see the field for a couple of years

Edited by RGBIII

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

But shouldn’t you know that when you’re part of a 2 QB class with 2 upperclassmen. Gotta know realistic best case scenario is 3rd string and you won’t see the field for a couple of years 

Kids are told that, but sometimes they don't understand it until they're hardly getting any reps at practice 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Isn't it much more likely that he is OBVIOUSLY behind Cam Rising (and he probably see/understands that he will continue to be behind Cam Rising), and since both are redshirting, he knows they're likely to have coterminous careers on campus?

Makes sense to me for him to jump now, if that's the reality he's looking up at.

“Don't put off until tomorrow what you can do today.”--Ben Franklin

• Like 1