Texas recruiting notes 2019

3 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Demarco Boyd is still listed. Hope he can contribute. Maybe even give him some short yardage carries.

He has the same number as Jacoby Jones and they both play defense. Jones is definitely going to play a lot if not start, so I take it as a pretty hollow endorsement of Boyd still being on the team. 

1 hour ago, NorLa Horns said:

He punched a guy after an accident. While it aint smart. I dont think it falls into the "pos" area. 

Sounds like he served his time off. And dont see anything wrong with letting him back on the team. 

if you want piece of shits with no moral compass on your time.

8 minutes ago, pacman said:

It's possible he has yet to receive word on a medical redshirt for this past season. He only played 3 games.

Three years of Caleb Johnson would theoretically be a big plus. 

Willie Tyler has 4 years to to play 3. 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

3 hours ago, Goodman said:

I would not use rural MS as the bar. I think you meant if Mixon can break a girls face, have Stoops and Joe go to Boren for the states help in hidding the video for 16 months after he’s allowed to play. Well we should allow a guy who beat the fuck out of a dude who was being a clown in a metal box and ended up rear ending his brother. Boyd was actually cut off from the team and locker room unlike Mixon’s RS year. ou sucks

I think you meant Mixon broke a girl's face from hidding it.

36 minutes ago, pacman said:

It's possible he has yet to receive word on a medical redshirt for this past season. He only played 3 games.

I thought medical redshirts weren't actually awarded until the normal eligibility is exhausted, meaning he won't officially get that extra season until he plays 2.

2 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

He has the same number as Jacoby Jones and they both play defense. Jones is definitely going to play a lot if not start, so I take it as a pretty hollow endorsement of Boyd still being on the team. 

6 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

Demarco Boyd is still listed. Hope he can contribute. Maybe even give him some short yardage carries.

Maybe DB to FB. 

Spring roster is now posted, and Caleb Johnson is still listed as a true junior: https://texassports.com/roster.aspx?path=football
Strange that this fell through the cracks.

Interesting we added Jaren Watkins. I used to play with his brother, who died in a car wreck during college. Scatback that has decent (4.5) speed. Didn’t get a lot of attention due his size coming out of high school. Think he ended up at Texas State.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jaren-Watkins-92422/

3 minutes ago, rickyspub said:

I thought he was a '3 to play 3' guy, meaning he had already used his redshirt prior to his injury season.

That’s right. He only had 3 years left if he got a medical redshirt for last year, so it’s oikely what y’all said earlier, that he’ll have to apply for one his senior year.

Also, came across this gem from Westcott when I was double checking his medshirt:

Caleb Johnson doesn’t have the elite speed of Gary Johnson, but there are some definite similarities in terms of size and skill set. Caleb Johnson is extremely fast 

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

That’s right. He only had 3 years left if he got a medical redshirt for last year, so it’s oikely what y’all said earlier, that he’ll have to apply for one his senior year.

Also, came across this gem from Westcott when I was double checking his medshirt:

Caleb Johnson doesn’t have the elite speed of Gary Johnson, but there are some definite similarities in terms of size and skill set. Caleb Johnson is extremely fast 

I mean it's sort of true. He's not a state sprinting champion, but he's still quicker than your average LB.

Just now, texifornia said:

I mean it's sort of true. He's not a state sprinting champion, but he's still quicker than your average LB.

It was more terrible wording than anything. Saying he doesn’t have GJ’s speed, but there are some similarities and the first thing you mention is that he’s fast.

Caleb’s not really fast though. He is quick and I think his instincts will make up for it.

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

we should be hearing soon though right,  i mean it feels like the OSU kid went pretty quick 

Not even sure Texas has actually submitted the paperwork yet, last update I saw said they were waiting for the Martell ruling to see if they needed to add anything to their case. 

3 hours ago, Burt Macklin said:

So Gary Johnson is super extremely fast.

42 minutes ago, bEastTexas said:

Not even sure Texas has actually submitted the paperwork yet, last update I saw said they were waiting for the Martell ruling to see if they needed to add anything to their case. 

Does the school submit it or the player? I thought it was something done by the individual as they would provide the evidence from their previous school that should warrant a waiver.