Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Fuck you and your shitty ass ploy to try to get some + rep back. Stupid fuckface.Ā 

Also of note, it appears that pacman continues to pos rep this piece of shit. so do with that information what you must.Ā 

Take a break from the keyboard. You take your internet world way too seriously tough guy.

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 26

6 minutes ago, pacman said:

Take a break from the keyboard. You take your internet world way too seriously tough guy.

Why don't you take a bit of your own advice and take a break, head somewhere that is ok with rape apologist pieces of shit. I've heard the sweet release of death is good for that. Try that out.Ā  IDGAF, but if you continue to be a piece of shit on this board,Ā  Ā I'll continue to neg you for being one.Ā Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, pacman said:

You claim someone who makes $5m should be able to make these decisions and shelter these types of kids. A man who was paid upwards of $6m no more than 150 miles from UTā€™s campus utterly failed at that within this decade.Ā 

People get a little emotional about this because youā€™re advocating for (alleged) rapists to represent the university they love in the most public facing avenue it has, dumbass

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think his floor is RT. I'm advocate for anything and everything that keeps Kersetter inside.Ā 

JUCO OL are NEVER ready to play right away. I assume he has four years to play three or three to play two?Ā 

BON (so not the most reliable source) says two to play two, even though he's apparently never played a snap for his JUCO. No fucking clue.

EDIT: But then they link to his hudl from this year IN THE ARTICLE.Ā 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/10/22/18012516/myron-cunningham-offer-texas-longhorns-football-recruiting-2019

Edited by texifornia

23 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Speaking of OL, here's Tyler Johnson'sĀ highlights to date:Ā https://www.hudl.com/video/3/6542724/581b945b11fa807c98f3d0e4

I think he's polished enough he could play early, but Herman is adamant about redshirting freshman linemen.Ā 

I hope they bring in a grad transfer OT, but it'll probably be a Okafor/Angilau battle.Ā 

5 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Why don't you take a bit of your own advice and take a break, head somewhere that is ok with rape apologist pieces of shit. I've heard the sweet release of death is good for that. Try that out.Ā  IDGAF, but if you continue to be a piece of shit on this board,Ā  Ā I'll continue to neg you for being one.Ā Ā ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

if casey horny can be employed marcel brooks can be recruited brooks = take

full?d=1420179874

• Fuck You 44

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

BON (so not the most reliable source) says two to play two, even though he's apparently never played a snap for his JUCO. No fucking clue.

EDIT: But then they link to his huddle from this year IN THE ARTICLE.Ā 

https://www.burntorangenation.com/2018/10/22/18012516/myron-cunningham-offer-texas-longhorns-football-recruiting-2019

I guess the staffĀ hopes he'llĀ contribute next year, but he'd be the exception to the rule. RT makes me a little nervous next season. Kersetter could always move back, but we don't have anything inside that would inspire confidence.Ā 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think he's polished enough he could play early, but Herman is adamant about redshirting freshman linemen.Ā 

I hope they bring in a grad transfer OT, but it'll probably be a Okafor/Angilau battle.Ā 

I think they will bring in a grad transfer, but I don't think we will find as sure of a thing as we had this year. This means the spot is going to be a battle in 2019. The loser of Okafor and the GT will move inside or Cosmi will move to the left side and Okafor or a JUCO will take the right. I think Angilau will start off inside and I don't think Moore will be ready in 2019.

7 minutes ago, Carl Winslow said:

if casey horny can be employed marcel brooks can be recruited brooks = take

a) Most people don't think Horny should have been hired

b) Horny didn't do the raping, dipshit. He's not a menace to the school's female population.Ā And the fuck is up with that gif?

Edited by texifornia

1 minute ago, Bevo said:

I think they will bring in a grad transfer, but I don't think we will find as sure of a thing as we had this year. This means the spot is going to be a battle in 2019. The loser of Okafor and the GT will move inside or Cosmi will move to the left side and Okafor or a JUCO will take the right. I think Angilau will start off inside and I don't think Moore will be ready in 2019.

I believe Cosmi moving to LT next season is all but a done deal.Ā 

The early returns on Moore haven't been great. I still think he beats Christian Jones on to the field, but Jones appears to have much higher upside.Ā 

I've read the staff is trying Angilau at RT. I think he's just long enough and he's a really good run blocker.Ā 

Okafor better win the RT job as a fourth year junior or he's either a bust or the next Gaskamp Winner.Ā 

Ā 

9 minutes ago, randygilman said:

Anyway.

Tyler Johnson is the type of guy Bama recruits then rolls out in 2.5-3 years with some games under their belts (but not starts) ready to take over as a redshirt junior. Very exciting film.

When we start playing Redshirt Sophomores, our OL will be where we all want it. This is the 1st coaching staff I trust to evaluate OL, last years class is creating great expectations.Ā 

Edited by Goodman

Just now, HtownHorn said:

So we are looking at a OL class of Johnson, Shepherd(maybe), Cunningham, and the late bloomerĀ Hookfin. Not bad in a down year in the state, especially with the 2020 class looking to be a epic haul if we hit on our 1st level of offers.

Really top heavy year in state with Johnson, Shepherd, and Green at the top. It's probably slowly dawn on Jimbo that Green is a guard, probably explains why they're working on Shepherd so hard.Ā 

2020 and 2021 should be really good in state OL cycles. I doubt Herman would reach in 2019, so we should have plenty of spots for future classes.Ā 

Just now, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Where are the negative reports on Moore coming from? Ā That kid is the prototypical starter kit for an elite LT after 2-3 years in a college strength program. Ā 

Just not impressive thus far which isn't surprising for a freshman. He should get there eventually.Ā 

1 hour ago, Carl Winslow said:

recent game

Ā 

No expert here, but this film doesn't show an aggressive OL player that loves blocking and finishing off the defender....

As Popovich says.... I want some nasty out there

Ā 

Ā 

Edited by LTtxfan

59 minutes ago, randygilman said:

You claim someone who makes $5m should be able to make these decisions and shelter these types of kids. A man who was paid upwards of $6m no more than 150 miles from UTā€™s campus utterly failed at that within this decade.Ā 

People get a little emotional about this because youā€™re advocating for (alleged) rapists to represent the university they love in the most public facing avenue it has, dumbass

I have not once advocated againstĀ holding a recruit accountable for their actions when they get here. Not once advocated for Baylor's cover up ofĀ rape.

I haven't seen any posts(nobody can keep up with this thread) indicating Brooks hasĀ an assault against women issue. You all keep beating around the bush without saying a thing and LSU boards claim embellishments. As far as I knew, he was just a character concern.

Carry on. What a waste of time.

• Fuck You 5

I have not once advocated againstĀ holding a recruit accountable for their actions when they get here. Not once advocated for Baylor's cover up ofĀ rape.

I haven't seen any posts(nobody can keep up with this thread) indicating Brooks hasĀ an assault against women issue. You all keep beating around the bush without saying a thing and LSU boards claim embellishments. As far as I knew, he was just a character concern.

Carry on. What a waste of time.

You donā€™t take dudes that may rape chicks

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, pacman said:

Agreed. Again, hadn't a clue this was Brooks rumored transgression.

I understand not being able to keep up with the thread, but weā€™ve explicitly covered the Brooks rumors multiple times on this thread, including an argument that youā€™re now repeating within 10 pages and 5 days of this post. This isnā€™t a Robert Timmons situation and telling us what LSU posters think from a risk tolerance perspective isnā€™t helpful.Ā 

48 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Not shocking. Outside of Angilau, the other 3 guys were always going to be 2-3 year projects.

Grandy and Angilau were thought to contribute right away.

Moore and Jones were always going to be projects.

Ghirmai we wanted to redshirt but looked like he might have to play early, especially after Grandy retired.

Removing DBs/WRs (since those positions seem to allow for early playing time more than those closer to the ball) andĀ P/KsĀ from the equation (redshirting kickers is pretty unnecessary)Ā the fact that weā€™ve only played 2 other true freshmen (Ossai and Ingram)Ā from theĀ QB, OL, RB, TE, DL, or LBĀ is pretty amazing from where we were just a year ago especially when you consider that Okafor may be getting a redshirtĀ this year too (only played in 1 game so far) and thatā€™sĀ with losing 2 starters on the OL (1 to the NFL) and a DT and LB to the NFL as well.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

I understand not being able to keep up with the thread, but weā€™ve explicitly covered the Brooks rumors multiple times on this thread, including an argument that youā€™re now repeating within 10 pages and 5 days of this post. This isnā€™t a Robert Timmons situation and telling us what LSU posters think from a risk tolerance perspective isnā€™t helpful.Ā 

Any of you idiots that want this kid, when we have a locker room full of Caden Sterns, BJ Fosters, etc. are idiots and know nothing about what Herman is building.Ā  CTJ is right and rightly so.

• Like 1

I think if the coaches haveĀ their druthers our starting OL next season would look like this (left to right): Cosmi, Imade, Shack, Kerstetter, Okafor.Ā 

Shack will continue to get the benefit of the doubt because of his ā€œleadershipā€. But hey, at least no more Vahe, right?Ā 

Imade would be playing this season if he wasnā€™t plugged by a pretty decent E-Rod.Ā 

Hand paid way too much attention to Okafor in 2018 Fall Camp to not give him every chance to win the RT job in 2019. The junior redshirt is likely anotherĀ nod to bigger, future plans as well.Ā 

The JUCO is far from being a reach and looks like another excellent evaluation.Ā 

Ā 

33 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think if the coaches haveĀ their druthers our starting OL next season would look like this (left to right): Cosmi, Imade, Shack, Kerstetter, Okafor.Ā 

Shack will continue to get the benefit of the doubt because of his ā€œleadershipā€. But hey, at least no more Vahe, right?Ā 

Imade would be playing this season if he wasnā€™t plugged by a pretty decent E-Rod.Ā 

Hand paid way too much attention to Okafor in 2018 Fall Camp to not give him every chance to win the RT job in 2019. The junior redshirt is likely anotherĀ nod to bigger, future plans as well.Ā 

The JUCO is far from being a reach and looks like another excellent evaluation.Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Is this the JUCO you are referring to??

Ā 

26 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Ā 

Is this the JUCO you are referring to??

Ā 

Yes. Iā€™m not sure if heā€™s a slam dunk though. Itā€™s early, but Hand thought enough of him to evaluate in person and later offer.Ā 

Per IT, Cunningham is a little bit older (21) and has two years to play two. Heā€™s already used his redshirt.Ā 

So yeah, he better be an immediate impact player.Ā 

Edited by billfromlaketravis

Iā€™ve heard nothing but raves about the OLs taken in the 2018 cycle. Theyā€™re not expecting to need Moore for 2 more years and they expect competition to keep stacking up around the OL,Ā but they like where heā€™s at compared to their expectations. billfromlaketravisā€™s take that there is some sort of concern about Moore feels a lot like bullshit, but hey, itā€™s the Internet.Ā 

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think if the coaches haveĀ their druthers our Shack will continue to get the benefit of the doubt because of his ā€œleadershipā€. But hey, at least no more Vahe, right?Ā 

Shack gets a lot of shit here, some deserved and a lot undeserved. Heā€™s snapping the ball much more consistently this season, but he still has mental lapses here and there.

I really think the coaches like him because a. heā€™s smart and can make his calls and b. he has a nasty attitude on the field ala Kasey Studdard. You need a guy or two who wants to rip the face off the guy across from him.Ā 

• Like 3