Texas recruiting notes 2019

10 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

A cheetah, Usain Bolt, Tyreek Hill and Ben Rothlesberger in a hundred yard race based off of 40 times extrapolated -

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article126554954.html

Lazy math in that video. A cheetah can't run a 100 m in 2.72 seconds. It takes 2.72 to cover 100 yards at 75 mph. The cheetah still has to accelerate. A cheetah in captivity has run a 5.95 100 m, which is pretty incredible.

Edited by CBHorn
typo

1 minute ago, CBHorn said:

Lazy math in that video. A cheetah can't run a 100 m in 2.72 seconds. It takes 2.72 to cover 100 yards at 75 mph. The cheetah still has to accelerate. A cheetah in captivity has run a 5.95 100 m, which is pretty incredible.

It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.

• Like 6

24 minutes ago, TtomTerrific said:

A cheetah, Usain Bolt, Tyreek Hill and Ben Rothlesberger in a hundred yard race based off of 40 times extrapolated -

A priest,  a rabbi and a minister walk into a Bar....... 

giphy.gif

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, satyanash said:

I've been hoping to see more from the B-backer spot in terms of a consistent pass-rush. Last year we spent most of our time in dime because of how ineffective Hughes was. He was the featured pass rusher, played in all 13 games last year, and recorded a grand total of... two sacks. This year Roach and McCulloch have no sacks combined between the two.

Now, whether that's a LB problem or a DL problem is anyone's guess given that the B-backer role seems to be a hybrid of the two.

That's the most glass half-empty way to look at what Orlando did. 

Roach is hurt, and McCulloch can't play B-backer when Foster is playing.

On 10/23/2018 at 10:12 PM, Machinator said:

DqPCqdQU4AAZiru.jpg"

Apologies for the technical idiocy OT but can someone tell me why some links are showing up all f'd up. I am trying out the firefox browser.

edit: in Chrome the link looks fine in firefox it's a long string of numbers and letters.

Edited by Chopper

9 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Apologies for the technical idiocy OT but can someone tell me why some links are showing up all f'd up. I am trying out the firefox browser.

edit: in Chrome the link looks fine in firefox it's a long string of numbers and letters.

I'm reading it fine in Firefox. Weird.

9 hours ago, Bevo said:

I don't know if people are trolling, if they are being facetious, or if they don't know football or keyboard but Orlando as a linebacker coach might be my least concern since my fingernail clippers or emery board decision last week.

He could incorporate alligator rolls more.

1 hour ago, TtomTerrific said:

A cheetah, Usain Bolt, Tyreek Hill and Ben Roethlisberger in a hundred yard race based off of 40 times extrapolated -

https://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt-columns-blogs/red-zone/article126554954.html

I assume that the cheetah would eat Big Ben first, mainly because he's well-marbled, but the video didn't confirm that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, UncleBuck said:

wow Ben really blew them away - aggy

Ben has the best losses in sprinting this year.  He should be ranked  higher than (pick your best runner tee u) because he lost to the best human sprinters and a cheetah.  tee u sprinter hasn’t really beat anyone worth a dang.

-aggy.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

JFC. Seriously reading down on those comments, these guys literally don't even know what Orlando or Arranda fucking run, and when they've run it. It's fucking hilarious. 

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Orlando or Aranda would be great, sensical hires. Which means USC won't do it. Congratulations to our new head coach, Keyshawn Johnson!

that was great

• Like 2