Texas recruiting notes 2019

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Correct. He committed there without even visiting and having cousins that currently play for Texas.

To be fair, everyone and their mother knew that our coach was going to get shit-canned when Dobbins went to OSU. I can at least understand his decision. Now, Garrett Wilson? If he ends up at OSU, then fuck that guy.

• Like 3

Just now, irishtexan said:

To be fair, everyone and their mother knew that our coach was going to get shit-canned when Dobbins went to OSU. I can at least understand his decision. Now, Garrett Wilson? If he ends up at OSU, then fuck that guy.

What's hilarious is the guy that recruited Dobbins to Ohio State is now at Texas.

• Fuck You 1

35 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Any idea who could commit? Obviously not Kennedy Lewis. Unless it’s a 2020 but it seems like 2019.

Mookie Cooper, thus the "if Washington commits to Texas as expected" hint. Just reread that sentence.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

Wilson is an Ohio kid. He was always going to Ohio state. When he was at Texas on his official, he kept talking to Drayton about Ohio State. Drayton and the rest of the staff knew the kid was tOSU bound long before the announcement. They had already moved on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

49 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Truth.  Makes me wonder how they hide all this shit from recruits so they actually don't see what the city is like.  I was there for 48 hours and was in fear for my life about 8 of them.

Because nearly 15 years later it isn’t the same city you saw 2005. 

Think 1990 Austin compared with 2005 Austin kind of change. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Mookie Cooper, thus the "if Washington commits to Texas as expected" hint. Just reread that sentence.

but  we're not going to say anything else. I'll  be logging on Sunday night to discuss Saints/Vikings in the NFL thread.

It's Drew Brees?

26 minutes ago, texifornia said:

The TE competition next year is going to be intense.

Beck has really stepped up this year, to set an example for the youngins to build off of for seasons to come.

Brewer

Leitao

Epps

Liebrock

Wiley

Edited by pacman

26 minutes ago, pacman said:

The TE competition next year is going to be intense.

Beck has really stepped up this year, to set an example for the youngins to build off of for seasons to come.

Brewer

Leitao

Epps

Liebrock

Wiley

Epps, Liebrock nor Wiley are ready to compete for snaps in 2019. They all require at least another year of S&C. 

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Columbus has fun neighborhoods (it's sneakily one of the fashion centers of the country because of all the companies headquartered there) and 60k students that think you're a god.

Exactly. Football players aren't going to a college city to buy a house and get a real job. They get to live in a fantastic bubble of adoration from rich old men and pretty young women. At the best schools, you get a shot at a lot of winning and maybe a championship.

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

Exactly. Football players aren't going to a college city to buy a house and get a real job. They get to live in a fantastic bubble of adoration from rich old men and pretty young women. At the best schools, you get a shot at a lot of women and maybe a championship.

Fify

Ingram's a really solid back. Not a game-breaker type, as he lacks the straight-line speed to house it from distance very often...but he does prove the point about needing a better-than-average guy back there. Our best teams haven't all had elite backs, but over the years, our best backs have tended to be key parts of solid teams. Foreman was clearly the exception, in terms of team success...but it certainly wasn't his fault.   
We went to our last NCG appearance without a running game to speak of, but I wouldn't count on that being possible again..