Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

3 minutes ago, Bob Lives! said:

What do you Evans’ quotes sound like when he’s talking about other teams? Is he equally unenthusiastic about everyone or just Texas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Texas A&M: "Well they have some vowels in their name and also play 11 guys on the field"

Alabama: " They're a solid team that doesn't get many penalties"

LSU: "Coach O likes crawfish and they have players that play on the field"

Ohio St: "I think their uniforms are ok"

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

Texas A&M: "Well they have some vowels in their name and also play 11 guys on the field"
Alabama: " They're a solid team that doesn't get many penalties"
LSU: "Coach O likes crawfish and they have players that play on the field"
Ohio St: "I think their uniforms are ok"

K State: "Coach Snyder is like 90 so that's experience."

OK State: "I catch redfish with mullet so that's good"

USC: "Coach Snyder probably saw real trojans when he was younger ask him he coaches K State."

13 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

K State: "Coach Snyder is like 90 so that's experience."

OK State: "I catch redfish with mullet so that's good"

USC: "Coach Snyder probably saw real trojans when he was younger ask him he coaches K State."

Texas:  “I learned in school that the capital of Texas is Austin.”

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep.  JUCO OL may be added as well.

I'm not very excited about any of the JUCO OL that we seem to be in on. Honestly, I'm hoping that we pull another Calvin Anderson-type GT out of our hat instead.

In addition, I'd love to add a true DT to this class. I know that both of us are very fond of this young man but all indications point to Washington it seems.

https://247sports.com/player/faatui-tuitele-92994/

Edited by SLChorn

19 minutes ago, SLChorn said:

I'm not very excited about any of the JUCO OL that we seem to be in on. Honestly, I'm hoping that we pull another Calvin Anderson-type GT out of our hat instead.

In addition, I'd love to add a true DT to this class. I know that both of us are very fond of this young man but all indications point to Washington it seems.

https://247sports.com/player/faatui-tuitele-92994/

Cunningham is a stud, but is likely headed elsewhere 

7 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Journey just won’t die. 

Looks like Don’t Stop Believing and cell phone flashlights is a new tradition at DKR.

That was a great moment last night. I get hesitancy about it being a long term tradition. But I loved it last night. Organic, senior night, in our second most important win since 2010. 

Edited by Bodacious Bevo
  • Like 6

8 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Journey just won’t die. 

Looks like Don’t Stop Believing and cell phone flashlights is a new tradition at DKR.

Omg.  The kids were having fun!  Sound the alarms. 

The lower west side is the biggest collection of shit fans I've been around. Olds need to find a new hobby.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Went back and looked at all of the offers. Despite the opportunity to bring in grad transfers later, at this point we are not getting enough OL and DL prospects.

With the on-field success, I think we will see a positive surprise on both the OL and the DL over the next few weeks from names that we either thought are going elsewhere, or a new name we haven’t heard yet. The DL recruiting has really not gone well and hopefully that will change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Yep.  JUCO OL may be added as well.

give me the british dude.  he has the highest ceiling of any lineman we are currently recruiting, he has a mean streak, he’ll keep improving as he hasn’t played that long, and he’s athletic with good feet at 6’8”  330#.