Texas recruiting notes 2019

we haven't had a 1000 yard rusher since who knows when.  ingram can be that back but we need a fucking oline who can consistently block.  

when we show that we can run the ball, RBs will start making us a priority.  

it all goes back to the oline which makes guys like shep a priority. 

Edited by crash_davis
  • Like 1

Just now, Newy25 said:

Well, we could have certainly done better today. Still have major holes at RB and OL. 

yep.  Missing on Cain sucks.  I am seriously concerned about having 4 scholarship RBs available, that is at least 2 short of what we need in that room.

1 minute ago, crash_davis said:

we haven't had a 1000 yard rusher since who knows when.  ingram can be that back but we need a fucking oline who can consistently block.  

it all goes back to the oline which makes like shep a priority. 

Yeah. 2016 is a long time ago...but I guess that was 2000 yards.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

We had a 2,000 yard rusher/Doak Walker winner in 2016, but agree we need studs at RB

2 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I didn't say anything in 2017. And the staff did a great job locking up the 2018 class before the stretch run. They did a great job winning some big-time OOS recruitments in spring and summer.

But if we want to make the leap from great to elite, we need to win some of these big-time recruitments that go the distance.

100%. We need better closers. 

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I didn't say anything in 2017. And the staff did a great job locking up the 2018 class before the stretch run. They did a great job winning some big-time OOS recruitments in spring and summer.

But if we want to make the leap from great to elite, we need to win some of these big-time recruitments that go the distance.

I think the big story is our struggles in DFW, a lot of which falls on Drayton. Remember, in 2018 a HUGE percentage of the elite talent was in Houston that cycle.

This next fucking season is gonna be huge

need to keep ljh and johnson at all costs
D needs to be fixed
possibly hire a real OC
need to win at least 10 games

also, need to beat georgia in two weeks

Let’s start with the simple stuff.
Tom needs to win the B12 next year.
No excuses.

That will help with the 2020 kids.

Until then, he needs to get rid of non-performing dead weight.

4 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Your memory blows ass. D'Onta ran for 2000 like a minute ago

1 minute ago, UncleBuck said:

I won't freak out on the staff about losing a Sanders to an SEC power...

...but losing a Texas boy to Penn State like this? Gross.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remember Cain was a Louisiana transplant. The top of this class was filled a lot of weird circumstances. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

Texas boy is a loose definition just like Wilson. Neither grew up in Texas. Hell Cain played in Florida this last year.

Yeah, I do think Herman needs to rethink his staff and get a closer or 2.  They are "good" at recruiting but not great at closing on highly contested recruitments.  Overall I think this is a good class, but there are some weaknesses on the OL, RB and DL side.  1 commit at RB & OL isn't going to cut it and we still didn't sign any DT's.  We did get some good DE's and maybe 1 or 2 will grow into the DT role, but I don't think we have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years for that to pan out.  Hopefully the misses on the big guns will get Herman moving ... 

5 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

ive actually grown used to elite texas kids leaving in droves. just not to a place that rapes kids.  thats why I admire the Bru to USC shit,  they fucking blow cock, but hes a life long fan with loyalty and i cant hate on that, our loyalty is tepid and these kids sign elsewhere even while trending upward and having no one to compete at position with.  enjoy beling left out of the playoffs cain 

3 minutes ago, Herminator said:

Yeah, I do think Herman needs to rethink his staff and get a closer or 2.  They are "good" at recruiting but not great at closing on highly contested recruitments.  Overall I think this is a good class, but there are some weaknesses on the OL, RB and DL side.  1 commit at RB & OL isn't going to cut it and we still didn't sign any DT's.  We did get some good DE's and maybe 1 or 2 will grow into the DT role, but I don't think we have the luxury of waiting 2-3 years for that to pan out.  Hopefully the misses on the big guns will get Herman moving ... 

Sweat. Is. Going. To. Play. DT.

300 lb high school DL are usually fat and slow - even Coburn had to lose weight. It's not a plug-and-play position. 

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 6

What's he supposed to do?  Just follow him around against his will?  Like into a bathroom?

There's nothing wrong with thanking these kids for all of the access. Not sure why anyone, especially on a recruiting board, would get their panties in a wad over it.