Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

8 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Gonna respect the kids decisions. Too bad we have pussies in Texas that leave to 

As far as state loyalty goes, Cali has it to even less of a degree than Texas. blOU, Oregon, and Washington steal kids from there all the time. McCoy just happened to be one of the few who was dead-set on staying.

29 minutes ago, Machinator said:

That's the word, and supposedly Florida State is a contender for him now.

Consistent with a guy whose recruitment screams dirty.

fsu rumor

There was a rumor we cooled on him because he measured in at 5'9" when he visited. Not sure how true that is, but it was out there.

10 minutes ago, satyanash said:

McCoy just happened to be one of the few who was dead-set on staying.

Mater Dei recruits are loyal to USC. Like 95% of the top tier recruits from Mater Dei end up at USC. That was the biggest thing working against Texas in this recruitment. 

Edited by texasstrong12

33 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I see three for sure busts 

Hilarious and you are correct because about half of the top recruits are either busts, flunk out or get in trouble and never have an impact.

Sure I want the top players to sign with Texas but do not worry too much about it any more.

Just have a coach that can develop the players you do sign and we certainly do have that.

6 minutes ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Hilarious and you are correct because about half of the top recruits are either busts, flunk out or get in trouble and never have an impact.

Sure I want the top players to sign with Texas but do not worry too much about it any more.

Just have a coach that can develop the players you do sign and we certainly do have that.

I'm just a little bitter lol. But seriously, one I dunno, but two for sure. Their WR's should do well, as their qb, but the other two are prime bust candidates, especially anyone on their defense 

Edited by Spider2YBanana

If a recruit is committing to Texas or leaning to Texas, the $9.95rs will trip over their dicks trying to be the first to let everyone know about it with a wink wink, nudge nudge, frappe emoji, calculator tweet, or a 100 word ‘I have a strong feeling’ article. If none of that happens, then their not going to Texas. It’s that simple. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

If a recruit is committing to Texas or leaning to Texas, the $9.95rs will trip over their dicks trying to be the first to let everyone know about it with a wink wink, nudge nudge, frappe emoji, calculator tweet, or a 100 word ‘I have a strong feeling’ article. If none of that happens, then their not going to Texas. It’s that simple. 

Yep. Reality is that there's little suspense in these announcements anymore.

I think of our 23 commits (plus Houston and Powell), the only "surprises" were Roschon, Sweat, and Tillman.

Edited by Machinator

My friend, Scott Schrader recorded this on Wednesday.  

Bru committed to USC on his official visit, but he did love Texas.  Contrary to what that closing guy was saying, the players and recruits love Clay Helton....while some of your Texas players were not too complimentary about yours, just didn’t want to say that till confirmed by several sources.

Hook ‘Em!

Edited by TrojanPrincess
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 34

I think Bru is a lot like OJ McClintock...at least that one play from OJ's highlights on the old Recruits in Review VHS. Y'all remember the one. The defense (EJ et al) are chasing him grasping at anything they can get their hands on. One of them grabs a thread on his Jock strap and pulls. OJ weaves in and out if traffic for 60 yards while everyone is left holding a few threads that keep unraveling until he scores. Everyone then realizes they've been looking at his ass the whole time.

18 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Mater Dei recruits are loyal to USC. Like 95% of the top tier recruits from Mater Dei end up at USC. That was the biggest thing working against Texas in this recruitment. 

Wasn't the case this cycle... 10 Mater Dei kids from the 2019 cycle are headed to P5 programs, yet Bru was the only one to pick USC.

image.png

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Wasn't the case this cycle... 10 Mater Dei kids from the 2019 cycle are headed to P5 programs, yet Bru was the only one to pick USC.

image.png

sucks for us but this is why SC is so fucked for the foreseeable future.  An OC isn't going to fix the perception of kids in Southern California.  They are about to be 1984-1994 UT.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, satyanash said:

image.png

There are only 2 truly elite recruits from Mater Dei this year in California-McCoy and Funa. Criddell and Dollars are ranked high but not sure how much interest USC had there. They aren't even top 30 recruits in California. I'm sure they had interest in a couple of those guys outside of Funa and McCoy. 

Hence, the language "top tier recruits". 

Last year they landed Daniels and Amon-Ra St Brown (both 5 stars). He's going to play with his buddies. USC rarely misses on the 5 stars from Mater Dei. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Our players loved Strong too.  Worked out pretty well for us. Enjoy the abyss.  

This is true, more common that the loved coach isn't hard enough to be a big winner. 

Have to wonder just how many players love saban, plabably not a lot.  

We know kids played for Meyer because he won 3 MNCs, not for his ethics or personality.

Dabo maybe, but he's a weird fucker.  Baggins is a fucking prick that almost no one likes.

Stoops might have been a little more likable by his players because he always had big bags of dicks, but he probably didn't share often.  

Mack.  Sweater vest. Leslie. Carroll.  (Chizik).  That about sums up coaches who climbed the mountain recently, and they all fall somewhere between complete asshole and just kind of a dick.  No really nice guys on the list.

18 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

Bru committed to USC on his official visit, but he did love Texas.  Contrary to what that closing guy was saying, the players and recruits love Clay Helton....while some of your Texas players were not too complimentary about yours, just didn’t want to say that till confirmed by several sources.

Hook ‘Em!

Scott Schrader seems like a bitch.  

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, hornyhorn said:

usc coach / bru trolling carrington

Gavin Morris will be looking for a job in 10 months. Fuck him and Bru McCoy. I hope the next few years at USC are like our Charlie Strong era and that Bru has a sub-par career. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 3

Hook ‘Em!

How many championships do you win for having a shitty coach that your players love?

2 hours ago, TexasRenegade said:

I wasn't bitching, but anyone who thinks Bru isn't manufacturing drama and promoting his announcement is regarded.  Not criticizing, just stating facts.  If Bru didn't want drama, there wouldn't be any.

what you're saying doesn't make any sense. nor does this statement that someone posted upthread:

If recruits didn’t want drama, there would be very little.

you, me and every other person that follows recruiting is responsible for the drama, not the players. the fact that we are intrigued by where they will choose to play football in college creates the drama. because we care, a market for that drama has been created. the product itself is the drama and you're the consumer. you're talking about recruits self-promoting and manufacturing drama on a day when millions of dollars is changing hands through promotion, advertisement, and production/distribution of content that you, me and millions of others have decided we want to see.

bru mccoy is doing exactly what he said he was going to do a year ago. if you're intrigued by that, then you created the drama, not him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, TrojanPrincess said:

Hook ‘Em!

I know someone who had a kid play for Helton a couple of years ago. They thought Helton was clueless. So much so that he could never answer their questions whenever they had any. 

1 hour ago, Rockethorn1978 said:

Beat usc head to head, beat ou and win the sugar bowl over Georgia and he picks no bowl usc. We never had a shot.

He said in his interview today that he'd had a usc shirt since he was 4.  He was never coming to Texas.  Either he or his handlers were pulling this bullshit.