Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, texifornia said:

Come on dude, you of all people know recruiting classes mean something. This actually makes roster composition even more tricky and important.

I don't think it was meant to be taken literally. Just a reminder that as it gets easier for kids to transfer, the odds increase that a significant portion of any team's much-ballyhooed recruiting class may never see the field.

On 1/4/2019 at 1:08 PM, closetojumping said:

-The North Shore DB, since the word is out, is high on the board. No clue if he's interested, but if he is, expect him to visit. Texas does what you want good staffs to do in that they keep evaluating. They're not going to offer to just to offer to fill a spot. They think he's a player.

I don't know what you're hearing on this guy and Texas recently, but two interesting data points here:

1) Washington just offered

2) he's OVing to TCU this weekend. No offer yet, but I imagine he'll get one when he visits.

17 minutes ago, texifornia said:

AggieGreg06 has some thoughts y'all

In defense to AggieGreg06 (what a pathetic twitter handle btw), he’s used to watching his school bring in fat fucks who just get fatter and can’t play, like Daylon Mack, instead of dudes like Charles O who come into the program at like 235 and develop into monsters when they add good weight, so his extremely moronic weight cutoff for a HS linemen makes sense when you root for a program whose entire existence has equated to staying just a hair above .500 in conference play. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Sobering reality...

1. Does your agreement with this regarded tweet mean you won’t bitch and moan every time we miss on a target? 

2. The portal doesn’t really change much. Taking out the 1 year sit requirement would, but even then HS recruiting would still be by far the most important talent acquisition vehicle.

16 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

If Wiley is a legit 6’5”, he’s gotta already be well north of the 225 lbs at which he was listed.  Gonna be a big boy, with the athletic ability to play HS QB. May be a real surprise.

I believe it was reported that Wiley was 6-6 237 on his OV in mid-December.

8 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I don't know what you're hearing on this guy and Texas recently, but two interesting data points here:

1) Washington just offered

2) he's OVing to TCU this weekend. No offer yet, but I imagine he'll get one when he visits.

I don't think there's going to be anything happening between him and Texas. It's interesting that Washington thinks he'll be able to handle their course load up that way.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sundancekid said:

Well. If Rising, Buechele and Thompson are all leaving what gives. I’m not stating a fact that’s why I say “if”.  Therefor I’m not making shit up. This doesn’t look good going from the healthiest QB room in maybe ever to this. Whose responsibility is this then?

Herman has three experienced quarterbacks at his disposal at Ohio State. Shouldn’t we be able to keep one? Thompson states that playing time isn’t the problem... just posing questions. Lighten up people. It’s just a game.

Waddle has QB experience or at least  has run the wild cat.  

2 minutes ago, TheFlagship said:

Yeah this guy is special 

I guess he's just going to ignore what aggie is losing... because it won't have any impact ... at all.  They're only losing all of their best players on both sides of the ball.

Edited by RabidM

44 minutes ago, RabidM said:

I guess he's just going to ignore what aggie is losing... because it won't have any impact ... at all.  They're only losing all of their best players on both sides of the ball.

First rule of aggy: anybody their opponents lose was HOF material never to be replicated

Second rule of aggy: anybody they lose will be replaced a better player

Duh

3 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

That honestly doesn't seem like a very savage troll.  It's cute.  I mean, Arkansas used to be a rival in the sense that they hated us but we always beat them but now is a totally irrelevant program coming off a season with 0 wins over I-A teams.  

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, runthebone said:

That honestly doesn't seem like a very savage troll.  It's cute.  I mean, Arkansas used to be a rival in the sense that they hated us but we always beat them but now is a totally irrelevant program coming off a season with 0 wins over I-A teams.  

Hey we beat Tulsa lol

23 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Ahahahaha ahahahaha we are higher than that other team in the average. 

That’ll likely change in February. Does it really matter though?  Those individual values are highly subjective and aggy will just spew verbal and written diarrhea about how underrated their guys are and how overrated ours are. It’s already happening with guys like spiller and Owens. 

And shepherd has oscillated between a fat JAG and the next willie roaf, depending on how likely aggy was to sign him. 

I know it won’t happen for various reasons (including maybe the staff knows a lot more about the situation and what to expect than anyone else), but if they know for an absolute fact Shepherd is a waste of time it would be entertaining to see them publicly pull his offer and ruin his poorly devised attention whore signing day scheme. 

1 minute ago, Wishbone said:

I know it won’t happen for various reasons (including maybe the staff knows a lot more about the situation and what to expect than anyone else), but if they know for an absolute fact Shepherd is a waste of time it would be entertaining to see them publicly pull his offer and ruin his poorly devised attention whore signing day scheme. 

Not a good look. Some fans would eat it up but future recruits would be turned off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Not a good look. Some fans would eat it up but future recruits would be turned off. 

Main reason why I said it won’t happen. Would love it though. Once we are indisputably “back” though, we could pull that off with no fucks given and put and end to this type of shenanigans without looking back. Couple more years.

I agree, it sucks. Dude is very potentially going to make Herman look like a bitch flipping to aggy on NSD. Lots of people know it’s coming, but there will still be that perception from those that don’t.  Shitty but unless you want to burn the bridge with folks like Demas who are close to JS, have to continue to suck his fat ass. 

• Fuck You 12