Texas recruiting notes 2019

TFloss on Bru

Spoiler

On ATH Bru McCoy...his father informed OrangeBloods that the plan currently is to hold off on signing since there's no reason to rush.

At least one small positive working in Texas' favor is while the McCoys are aware that Kingsbury was an excellent hire for USC, they also know there's no guarantee he is there for three or four years because he could leave for another job or Helton could be fired.

There are no doubts with UT's stability and the relationships the family has with Herman, Carrington and Coach Mehringer.

1 minute ago, pacman said:

You didn't explain shit. You gave an anecdotal, unnecessary story.

Nothing else you wrote is worth a read.

You want to continue to overreact and argue conjecture, have at it.

Perhaps it's time to take a Midol, a bubble bath, and stay away from the internets for a while.

You can't handle the stress. It's okay, not everyone can.

2 minutes ago, NoName said:

TFloss on Bru

Hide contents

On ATH Bru McCoy...his father informed OrangeBloods that the plan currently is to hold off on signing since there's no reason to rush.

At least one small positive working in Texas' favor is while the McCoys are aware that Kingsbury was an excellent hire for USC, they also know there's no guarantee he is there for three or four years because he could leave for another job or Helton could be fired.

There are no doubts with UT's stability and the relationships the family has with Herman, Carrington and Coach Mehringer.

Don't let pacman read this, he's taking some Midol & a bubble bath and this would just ruin his world.

He can't handle the logic. (Not everyone can.)

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think coach bro definitely helps USC but there is a lot of evidence piling up that he's a shit recruiter. Even that Swanson guy was ranting yesterday about how coach bro really hasn't helped that much on the recruiting trail. 

SC fans are just realizing that KK hates recruiting?

4 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I think coach bro definitely helps USC but there is a lot of evidence piling up that he's a shit recruiter. Even that Swanson guy was ranting yesterday about how coach bro really hasn't helped that much on the recruiting trail. 

what a fucking failure. he couldn't bring them a QB when he was on the job for 2 whole weeks? dude needs to be fired!!!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NoName said:

what a fucking failure. he couldn't bring them a QB when he was on the job for 2 whole weeks? dude needs to be fired!!!

Yeah, that statement on it’s own about KK should provide enough evidence that nothing that goober says should be give any credence.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NoName said:

Nobody has called him a failure but most thought he was going to have a bigger impact on USC's recruiting class. 

Not being able to flip McIvor told me a lot about Kingsbury's recruiting ability. If Kingsbury was an elite recruiter flipping somebody like McIvor should be easy money. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, elguapo said:

This board will be very conflicted if we somehow land Bru, how will we ever square the awesomeness of landing Bru with the confusion of how to feel about MEHringer now?

Psshaw. This board has zero difficulty with managing to pump sunshine and sewer sludge at the same time.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Nobody has called him a failure but most thought he was going to have a bigger impact on USC's recruiting class. 

Not being able to flip McIvor told me a lot about Kingsbury's recruiting ability. If Kingsbury was an elite recruiter flipping somebody like McIvor should be easy money. 

3 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Yeah, that statement on it’s own about KK should provide enough evidence that nothing that goober says should be give any credence.

i mean i get it, you expect him to be able to flip that guy. but he was locked in on TTU for a long time and he never even took an OV to USC.

lets not act like this was some huge failure or black mark on him for not being able to flip a dude who may or may not have had any interest in playing at USC and being the Nth guy on the depth chart (and guaranteed to be recruited over in the next 12 months) in who knows what kind of offense over the next few years to one where he knows what Wells is going to run and knows Wells should be there for the next few at the very least.

again, lets not act like not being able to flip a dude in 2 weeks on the job says a ton about him

7 minutes ago, NoName said:

i mean i get it, you expect him to be able to flip that guy. but he was locked in on TTU for a long time and he never even took an OV to USC.

1) USC vs Tech

2) Kingsbury has a lot of preexisting relationships with McIvor

3) McIvor is a 2nd or 3rd tier QB recruit so it's not like he has to beat any blue blood types for him.

4) Kingsbury produces NFL talent QBs almost every year.

I actually like Kingsbury but come on these are the battles you have to win if you are a good recruiter. Outside of location everything was working in USC's favor here. Not even being able to get a visit from McIvor only proves my point more.  

The Swanson dude was right. Not being able to flip somebody like McIvor was a bad start. Those are the battles they were expecting him to win. 

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

It could also be that McIvor was reluctant to paint himself as a dickhead flipping to a school where the head coach may be gone before he ever sees the field 2 weeks before signing day and hosing the school that built their class around him.

Just now, JBJ said:

Tomato, tomato.  He had to sit out a year before playing for Auburn.

He sat out the fall while he waited to see which college he wanted to transfer to. 

Then, after he had seen which coaches were staying and which were leaving along with various promises from said coaches, he chose a school and was immediately eligible to fight for the starting job without having to sit out a season at the school of his choice.

Tomato, Pomegranate.

Both red fruit filled with vitamin C and tons of seeds, but not the same.

He didn't decide on one school and then sit out. He sat out and had his choice of schools bidding on him before he chose where he wanted to go to school. A much smarter decision than transferring and then hoping.

24 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Jokes on him.  Clearly doesn't know that KK could take a guy out of the stands and put up 500 passing yards per game.  

• Like 1

It could also be that McIvor was reluctant to paint himself as a dickhead flipping to a school where the head coach may be gone before he ever sees the field 2 weeks before signing day and hosing the school that built their class around him.

I think this is part of the whole point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

28 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

They're so ungrateful. He's going to fix their passing game and score a shit ton of points. Sorry, your shit head coach can't make a single hire to fix all of his problems. They'll probably be complaining next year about HOW they're winning games.

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

They're so ungrateful. He's going to fix their passing game and score a shit ton of points. Sorry, your shit head coach can't make a single hire to fix all of his problems. They'll probably be complaining next year about HOW they're winning games.

Defensive coaches should start looking elsewhere already?

57 minutes ago, Modessit said:
1 hour ago, Spider2YBanana said:
I do agree with this. I hate to say it, but I think MOST top 50 kids should do this. I know we love the LOI's coming in, but I don't believe a kid should be binded by a contract if a coach is allowed to leave. Just my opinion. 

*bound

Good catch 

27 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Stidham decommited from Tech before signing day.  He had to sit out a year at Auburn because he signed with Baylor.

As I recall , JS started 3-4 games in 2015 before getting hurt.  Briles gets fired and JS transfers to JUCO but does not play. He then retained 3 years of eligibility, choosing Auburn over sheep  So in essence he chose barn over sheep. 

54 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

McCoy isn’t the prize in a bidding war, so everyone should feel better about pursuing him versus guys like Sanders. Outside of Mehringer being a part of this equation, everything has gone UT’s way in this recruitment. USC’s class is absolute shit by their standards. Helton is a dead man walking. Coach Bro isn’t favorable for us, but who knows? Given that there’s very little else to follow for the next few days/weeks in recruiting, have a ball with it. 

Chris Sanders is going OFF on Helton today. Apparently, USC lost a recruit to Miami of Ohio.

Edited by Horn Under a Bad Sign

EJ on Bru

"- Bru's mother recently informed the Texas staff of their plan."

If you're inclined to believe that EJ actually knows what's happening, I would take this as a good sign.  I could see a player letting his mom break good news vs bad news to coaches. Seems like he'd want to tell them bad news himself. 

Unfortunately, I'm not inclined to believe that EJ actually knows what's happening. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

EJ on Bru

If you're inclined to believe that EJ actually knows what's happening, I would take this as a good sign.  I could see a player letting his mom break good news vs bad news to coaches. Seems like he'd want to tell them bad news himself. 

Unfortunately, I'm not inclined to believe that EJ actually knows what's happening. 

Our plan is to announce on January 5th. Have a Merry Christmas.

Just now, Bill Lumbergh said:

EJ on Bru

No way. You get someone else to tell people bad news. He gone.

1 minute ago, Bill Lumbergh said:

EJ on Bru

That's a reach.

• Like 1