Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

5 minutes ago, Pasken said:

No way. You get someone else to tell people bad news. He gone.

Agreed. She is very friendly with the staff, so that makes it easier for the news to be delivered, and he doesn’t have to give bad news, which everyone hates to do. I honestly never thought we were going to pull this kid out of California - USCs a good draw even when down, it’s his home state school, we’re not elite at the moment, and he stays close to family - usually a dominant set of circumstances for recruits decision making. Still like that we went after him.

1 hour ago, Lonestar88 said:

Gonna be a long couple of weeks if his signing doesn't leak.

It'll leak via sc if its not them, just like we knew about the fcb florida lb to ou last year. Plus sc 995'ers do a lot of dirty work for sc(similar to aggie), they'll know and make comments in time.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Agreed. She is very friendly with the staff, so that makes it easier for the news to be delivered, and he doesn’t have to give bad news, which everyone hates to do. I honestly never thought we were going to pull this kid out of California - USCs a good draw even when down, it’s his home state school, we’re not elite at the moment, and he stays close to family - usually a dominant set of circumstances for recruits decision making. Still like that we went after him.

Apparently they are worse at recruiting their state than we are.

Splitting hairs, but AD in the backfield with VY would've been killer. Would've won us another title with Colt.
If only we would have had a Junior Olympic caliber athlete who would go on to set the NFL record for career yards per carry to use in the backfield for our spread offense with Young and McCoy. Then we really might have been good.
  • Like 4

Just now, Huckleberry said:
6 hours ago, Texas Flood said:
Splitting hairs, but AD in the backfield with VY would've been killer. Would've won us another title with Colt.

If only we would have had a Junior Olympic caliber athlete who would go on to set the NFL record for career yards per carry to use in the backfield for our spread offense with Young and McCoy. Then we really might have been good.

who made huge plays at critical times in the midst of our biggest games against ohio state, ou, and usc...would have been so awesome.  /rolleyes

32 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Last year we had one of the best in-state finishes ever.  People said Herman needs to go out of state. This year he goes out of state. People say he needs to recruit in state.

Tongue in cheek comment by me.  I think Tom is a very good recruiter

a shhhh by carrington

Carrington sent 2 shh’s a little bit before signing day. We all knew one was Johnson but we were guessing the second was most likely Hookfin. But Baylor happend and now it’s back to Texas, like we thought. So I don’t think carrington would send out 2 shh’s for one guy? Unless the second silent was Lewis and now Hookfin is officially a silent. 

Edited by DoneWithit

Carrington sent 2 shh’s a little bit before signing day. We all knew one was Johnson but we were guessing the second was most likely Hookfin. But Baylor happend and now it’s back to Texas, like we thought. So I don’t think carrington would send out 2 shh’s for one guy? Unless the second silent was Lewis and now Hookfin is officially a silent. 

One of them was Lewis obviously