Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

39 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
40 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Which, as Huckleberry pointed out in another thread, means he is going to end up in his next teams 2019 class.
aggy.  tears.

I... Can.... Almost...... Taste.... The tears!

aggy tears flow 365 days a year. Some days they just flow heavier.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

He was 2nd Team All-American and won the Big 12 outdoor title in the 110 meter hurdles.  There was never any doubt about him running track.

I know that.  But if he wants to play in the NFL, he needs to work on his skill set.  He can try to be then next Goodwin but the odds are against it. Think of all the football players that ran track and you will find a long list of gridiron disappointments until they gave up track. 

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

Your Twitter sleuthing skills are strong to very strong... but I think we already know Bru is a Longhorn.

True, all signs point to him being a Longhorn but I'll feel better when it's official.

After the craziness that's already gone down I'm now discounting anything until it's actually official. You can bet with Bru in the transfer portal other teams/coaches are trying to get involved. 

Edited by texasstrong12

Just now, texasstrong12 said:

True, all signs point to him being a Longhorn but I'll feel better when it's official.

After the craziness that's already gone down I'm now discounting anything until it's actually official. 

We have something better than official signing of an LOI and enrollment (narrator: he is enrolled). We have a kick-ass school with all kinds of excitement surrounding the team. Oh, a team that is still coached by the guys who recruited him and for which he actually wants to play. Ask USC how much the sig means compared to what we have.

and when he enrolls at Texas this weekend, they will pivot to Jimbo obviously could of had him but didn't think he would be successful in the SEC.

Somebody posted it further up this thread but somebody at texaggy wondered why they weren’t in on McCoy and some dipshit said he figured Jimbo decided he didn’t fit the SEC, otherwise they could’ve got him.

6 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Somebody posted it further up this thread but somebody at texaggy wondered why they weren’t in on McCoy and some dipshit said he figured Jimbo decided he didn’t fit the SEC, otherwise they could’ve got him.

For as highly rated as McCoy was it seems like one of the cleanest recruitments for a top tier recruit. McCoy had absolutely no interest in SEC schools and he had options. 

This is why I always thought we had a shot at McCoy and why we had no chance with Sanders. 

Edited by texasstrong12

3 minutes ago, XOVERX said:

Another signing period interlude this year that is shaping up as great.

We hope for Bruton on Saturday, a couple of grad OLs maybe, and maybe Lakia Henry? Is that our potential at NSD2?

Who else looks do-able, other than maybe Shepard?

The reclassified JUCO OT.

26 minutes ago, Mikey4 said:
33 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:
Jimbo didn't offer.

Don't think he's sec ready

After watching UGa's WRs alligator arms in traffic and drops under pressure I'd say Jimbo is correct on this one.  Bru McCoy isn't ready to descend to that level of suck.

• Like 2