Texas recruiting notes 2019

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

Wrong. Jimbo passed because he found someone SEC better. An unknown gem. The second coming of Mike Evans and Calvin Johnson combined. 

"West coast kids, for the most part, seem soft... USC has recruited very well the last few years and they suck. t.u. going west for players is a perfect transition for when they go to the pac12... " - OrganicAg Gigem247

Nailed it.

1 minute ago, UTEX90 said:

"West coast kids, for the most part, seem soft... USC has recruited very well the last few years and they suck. t.u. going west for players is a perfect transition for when they go to the pac12... " - OrganicAg Gigem247

Nailed it.

Those clowns will always think Texas is just a "soft bdf team with no OL or DL" despite manhandling the big bad #2 SEC team.

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

Sounds like Cowherd was saying that football isn't the only thing you think of when you think of UT and Austin. That's a completely valid observation, obviously.

I remember this quote and it's basically what he was saying.  He was complimenting the University for not being a football only school.

13 minutes ago, UTEX90 said:

Nailed it.

Jesus Christ. Not even a part of me thinks it's hyperbolic, either. 

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

Cowherd specifically said "under that staff" and then Nathan fires back he lacks insight because of stuff before that staff. Strong take Nathan...whomever you are.

Edit: Probably OU fan.

I clicked on the guy's FB profile.  Former OK St WR who switched to bobsledding.  Apparently he stopped following football somewhere in the switch.

2 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

By: IT Staff We'd work for free if every week was like this one. THE BRU MCCOY The second the Southern California five-star hit the portal, Texas contacted him to make certain he still held the strong feelings for the program he did when USC edged out Texas earlier in the month. It turns out the profile we built of McCoy held, the only issue was he made the mistake of signing his Letter of Intent during the early signing period. That removed any leverage he had. He went into his USC commitment shaky at best. He was close to Tee Martin throughout the process. That was the Trojans' Drew Mehringer and when Martin left, it gave UT a boost I wasn't sure it would lose. However, UT did lose that favorable standing thanks to the Kliff Kingsbury hiring. We chronicled how the McCoys were uncertain about USC's administration. Concerns were beyond the head coach and into the AD. Maybe even beyond that if I can speculate. When Helton hired Kingsbury it gave a semblance of stability. Stability was one thing UT had in its distinct favor. That brings us to the Sugar Bowl. It was already clear that Tom Herman was the long-term answer for Texas, but now he had the appearance of a potential great. With Sam Ehlinger's predictable rise, UT has a trigger-man to offer hope for the next two years. UT was done talking the talk and started walking the walk. Before the Sugar Bowl we heard that if UT won that game, the staff felt it could make a credible run to regain momentum in McCoy's direction. The win happened, McCoy was still liking Texas despite having signed, there was just one hurdle. On the other side of that hurdle is a slippery slope. If I can harness my boy Jimmy Gards harnessing Matthew McConaughey for a moment: El-i-gi-bil-ity, kemosabes. Per sources, there are still some things to be straightened out. We have heard Clay Helton released McCoy from his LOI, but in order to play immediately he’d still have to appeal to the NCAA. Since he took classes, he’d likely be a standard transfer - sit one full season - unless that appeal goes favorably. What's telling is he wanted to be at UT even if he needs to red-shirt. One hang up we had when we first heard the news on Tuesday is if he'd be willing to sit. Perhaps he'd be willing to endure three years at USC and bounce for NFL money. In the end the math is the same, if he does have to red-shirt, he may still hit the NFL in the same amount of time. We've written how all that matters is 2020. We don't want to write off 2019 because what happens next season affects the one after, but what's important is McCoy will be on the field when UT needs him most. We expect him on campus as soon as Saturday. Westside, right on time, imo. PYBD. NSFW. Etc. LAKIA HENRY Coming out of Dodge City (Community College) like Wyatt Earp and Gary Johnson is linebacker Lakia Henry who is scheduled to visit Texas this weekend. We think, still checking on that. It may be next weekend. Texas has always liked his ability but this is more of a job interview that needs to be passed, not unlike players meeting with GM's ahead of the draft. The staff has put itself in a great position to where Henry isn't a dire need, though he could potentially be a day-one starter. O-LINE There may be a few other visitors. We're still gathering information as we've been focused on Bru. Grad transfers RJ Proctor (Virginia) and Drew Richmond (Tennessee) are strong candidates to visit UT in the near future. Offensive line coach Herb Hand is scanning the country looking for another offensive lineman or two to take who provide immediate competition. We'll get to team later today or more likely in the a.m. I missed the call I needed while on the podcast with Justin. Pretty solid podcast, btw. Check it out and share it with Aggies and Sooners alike. We'll also have some basketball information.

• Like 2