Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, GoldAppleCorps said:

Having him sign financial aid papers and likely enroll in classes today was a big first step. Today is the 4th day of the spring semester and the official "add/drop" end. After today, you'd need special dispensation from the registrar to enroll in a class. If you're not enrolled as a student, you're not on the team. If he signed an aid package, my guess is he's got his class schedule. He would then be an official student for the spring semester.

After this, it gets murky, and anyone who tells you they're "certain" about what's going to happen is only following their heart. USC released him from his LOI, but this literally makes zero difference. LOI's are only interesting until classes start and you're enrolled. Classes started at USC, and he was enrolled in them. He can likely un-enroll from USC without academic penalty, but (to quote U.E. McGill) the NCAA is a little more hard nosed than that.

Essentially, the NCAA considers him to be a student at USC for the spring semester the same as if he transferred in May. He will need a waiver to gain immediate eligibility, and there really aren't any comparable incidents to compare. Officially, you need to claim some sort of compelling circumstance for a waiver. Justin Fields transferred to tOSU, and is claiming that a racial incident on a baseball field caused him undue hardship at UGA. The general consensus is that this stands a good chance of satisfying the NCAA, and earning a waiver. If that's the threshold (and I'm not belittling the severity of racial abuse at all), then it seems that some unrelated incident (I wouldn't use the "my coach left" argument - it happens all the time) might be proffered to prevent 1 week from costing him an entire season.

I'm gruntled that the NCAA is well known for its rapid, fair, consistent, and common sense responses - and not being the least bit capricious and arbitrary.

The ncaa cannot consider him a student st usc for the spring semester when he’s enrolled and taking classes and getting grades at Texas. 

If he fails his classes at Texas, the ncaa wont say that's ok those don’t count, he’s actually a student taking zero hours st usc. 

I’m here to officially eat crow. When the crazy Bru rumors started, I thought it was Waddle all over again. In fact, when I reached out to my buddies, they knew nothing about Bru, and actually thought the 9.95’rs were talking about other recruiting news that still hasn’t dropped. This is truly an awesome amazing turn of events.

3 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

I’m here to officially eat crow. When the crazy Bru rumors started, I thought it was Waddle all over again. In fact, when I reached out to my buddies, they knew nothing about Bru, and actually thought the 9.95’rs were talking about other recruiting news that still hasn’t dropped. This is truly an awesome amazing turn of events.

What might this other news be?

4 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You to Self:  Self, your buddies don’t know shit

8 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should change your avatar to one of the ones in my posts. And apologize way more profusely. 

15 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

tumblr_mxezr6qN7F1skg82io7_r2_250.gif

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

So LSU might jump aggy, but is okie working on anyone else?  Wouldn’t hurt my feelings if aggy got pushed out of the top 5, by a bdf school, their hated rival, and their new rival that they now think they’ll never lose to again. 

If Aggy moves out of Top 5 after all the trash talking they have done since Jimbo was hired, they might as well move to FCS where they have a decent shot of winning it all. Why any Aggy parent sends their kids to that shithole just to relive their miserable existence of utter humiliation all over again is beyond me!

7 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

It must be horrifying for aggy to realize they are still who they are. Even if it only lasts for a few minutes before they remember to think they are who they are not.

are you under the impression aggy has an ounce of self-awareness?

5 hours ago, utee94 said:

I mean, it's really just so stupid to think he wouldn't, or couldn't, count toward 2019.

These recruiting rankings don't come from the NCAA or the conferences or any official governing body.  They come from media outlets and paid subscription-based services.  There aren't any RULES that they need to follow for reporting out the recruiting classes and their rankings, which are all pretty meaningless anyway.

To think they'd have to follow some rule to the letter of the law is really, really stupid.  You know, morons.

Agreed.  National signing day hasn't even happened yet.  Several factors have led to the creation of the early signing period and it has quickly become the big day, but the actual signing deadline has not yet passed. 

He is a graduating HS senior and he is part of the incoming 2019 class.  aggy is the only one that gives a single shit about this because $75M, sitting MNC coach, and their current recruiting ranking is the only thing they have done near the top nationally in 80 years. 

• Like 1

I was alerted to the Bru news by a post in the cloak room, immediately came over here to the happening bunker and spent all day catching up, and eventually found out the shutdown was over due to a post here in the recruiting thread. My shit is all backwards but this was the best Surly binge since at least "ok cool. Hook em"

• Like 3
  • Haha 1