Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Just now, Tired Horn said:

So...

Should we be thanking Kliff Kingsbury for going to Arizona?

Or Arizona for hiring him?

Or Tech for firing him in the first place?

Or Patrick Mahomes for making him seem fashionable by association?

The Bidwell Family. God bless their hearts.

5 minutes ago, Tired Horn said:

So...

Should we be thanking Kliff Kingsbury for going to Arizona?

Or Arizona for hiring him?

Or Tech for firing him in the first place?

Or Patrick Mahomes for making him seem fashionable by association?

Hell no, Kliff bamboozled him into signing with USC. If Kliff hadn't done that, we would likely not been through his drama.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

and when he enrolls at Texas this weekend, they will pivot to Jimbo obviously could of had him but didn't think he would be successful in the SEC.

https://texags.com/forums/9/topics/3012774

This kid is good. I think Jimbo could have landed him if he wanted to. I guess Jimbo felt other kids will fare better in the SEC.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

He had a lot of help with Smith and Washington; Beck with Smith, and Carrington with Washington. Whittington was a childhood Texas fan who was a Texas lock as soon as we told him we'd play him on offense instead of defense. Lewis isn't a terribly difficult recruitment at Texas. A replacement level WR coach you'd expect at Texas should have landed all four of these with the help he received from Herman's recruiting machine. Also, he really fucked up the Wilson and Higgins recruitments in the late spring. He made up ground with Higgins, but never could with Wilson. Whatever, fuck them. 

However, he fucking killed the Bru recruitment, and deserves considerable recognition for that recruitment; without him, Bru might have just said fuck it, I'll stay at the USC clownfire 

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

What's timeframe on when we'll know if Bru gets to play this year or not?

That's an interesting question.  Reports today were that USC is releasing him from his NLI and I read that that was the first battle that could take 30 days from Bru's request that they do so.  If they didn't, then Bru had to go appeal to the NCAA to play this year.  

Is that where we stand if USC releases him, he can play? Or can they release him and he still needs to request USC if he can play this year and if they say no, he appeals to the NCAA?

5 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Here I am. But I am only here to say that CS, despite many many issues as a head coach, is the reason Herman had anything to work with coming in here. Say what you will, Charlie recruited lights out when put up against the shit records he was bringing in. Yeah some guys didn't pan out, but Charlie brought Boyd, Hager, Omenihu, Poona, Nelson, Jones, Locke, Wheeler, Ehlinger (yes, he committed under Charlie), C Johnson, LJH, Duvernay, Shack, Williams, Vahe, and on and on. Those players won 10 games this year. This doesn't include the guys who left early in Malik, Elliot, Hill. 

The guy could recruit. So I'm sorry, Maggot Ossis, I'm here to apologize for all the great players Charlie recruited.

Herman is just baking the cake. 

14 minutes ago, Fud said:

He had a lot of help with Smith and Washington; Beck with Smith, and Carrington with Washington. Whittington was a childhood Texas fan who was a Texas lock as soon as we told him we'd play him on offense instead of defense. Lewis isn't a terribly difficult recruitment at Texas. A replacement level WR coach you'd expect at Texas should have landed all four of these with the help he received from Herman's recruiting machine. Also, he really fucked up the Wilson and Higgins recruitments in the late spring. He made up ground with Higgins, but never could with Wilson. Whatever, fuck them. 

However, he fucking killed the Bru recruitment, and deserves considerable recognition for that recruitment; without him, Bru might have just said fuck it, I'll stay at the USC clownfire 

Fire Tom herman.  

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

Understood, my comment was mostly tongue in cheek. Although, I must admit I would find the optics of securing a soft landing spot for the “recruiter of the year” somewhat amusing. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We all love the highlights of all (well, most) of our commits. But getting to bathe in a composite top-10 national recruit's highlights and know he'll be running out at DKR soon? Nothing like it.

That’s the new PWO highlights not Bru.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

https://texags.com/forums/9/topics/3012774

This kid is good. I think Jimbo could have landed him if he wanted to. I guess Jimbo felt other kids will fare better in the SEC.

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:
There's nothing wrong with congratulating the sips on a good class. It's a class that most likely wouldn't be competitive in the SEC, but that's fine with them.

A great starter for the new aggy bashing game show: Sock or Moron?

• Haha 1

This Bru commitment is huge.  We've missed out on our fair share of the elite guys that end up at bama, clemson, uga, osu.  When you can land a few of the elite guys every cycle, other players want to play with them.  Last year we got Sterns, BJ, Cook.  This year Bru, Jake, J Whit.  Next year if we can land Evans, you will start to see more top 10-15 players come here.  Elite guys want to play with other elite players.  Those guys want to win championship.  We're building to win one.

Edited by victory88
  • Like 3

45 minutes ago, Thujone said:

Here I am. But I am only here to say that CS, despite many many issues as a head coach, is the reason Herman had anything to work with coming in here. Say what you will, Charlie recruited lights out when put up against the shit records he was bringing in. Yeah some guys didn't pan out, but Charlie brought Boyd, Hager, Omenihu, Poona, Nelson, Jones, Locke, Wheeler, Ehlinger (yes, he committed under Charlie), C Johnson, LJH, Duvernay, Shack, Williams, Vahe, and on and on. Those players won 10 games this year. This doesn't include the guys who left early in Malik, Elliot, Hill. 

The guy could recruit. So I'm sorry, Maggot Ossis, I'm here to apologize for all the great players Charlie recruited.

Not sure if serious. Texas’ mean recruiting rank (all-time 247), not counting the CS and partial-CS (2104-2017) recruiting classes is 6. CS’s best class rank was 7. CS may have done some good recruiting, but the numbers say that, in his very best class, he failed to be historically average for us. Maybe, just maybe, some of the credit for the players who committed on his watch goes to Texas itself. Some surgeries were going to turn out well unless the surgeon was a total idiot; some cases were easy wins unless the lead attorney was an idoit; and some recruits (to Texas) were there for the plucking unless the coach was a potato.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, Thujone said:

Texas is the reason he recruited okay.  He left Tom with awful holes in the roster.  At key spots.  Strong was an average recruiter at best.  Sadly, his game day coaching ability made his recruiting ability look stellar.  

Worst coach in Texas history.  Bar none.  

• Like 8