Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

2 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
There's nothing wrong with congratulating the sips on a good class. It's a class that most likely wouldn't be competitive in the SEC, but that's fine with them.

I think he’s got a point here I mean aggy is def the subject matter expert when it comes to not being competitive sec so they should be able to recognize that. I mean their own class isn’t competitive in the sec 

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:
There's nothing wrong with congratulating the sips on a good class. It's a class that most likely wouldn't be competitive in the SEC, but that's fine with them.

What a precious little comment to make.  Especially after a group of historically below average classes at TEXAS (#10, #7, #25 and #3-true freshmen) absolutely DOMINATED the #1B team in said SEC.

3 hours ago, Beau Vine said:

Does OldSaltAg realize that Texas just destroyed the 2nd best team in the SEC with a bunch of classes that were ranked much lower than this one?

37 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh lord, when we have a Jett or a Brayden or a Jaylen president... that's when I'll know I'm old.

The resident that saw me at my doc's office today was geeked up for seeing Harry Potter on Broadway. My first thought was, 'Holy fuck the Harry Potter generation is now in med school.'

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

If I remember right, qualification issues are gonna hold him back unfortunately.

I can’t find any highlights but 247 says he’s big and fast and jumps high.  wonder if he can hit.

well I found this one play. 

https://www.foxsports.com/west/video/1354430019631

Edited by futureman

2 hours ago, cdain3 said:

Floyd's brother

PWO? Maybe?

2 hours ago, Bigpoppapump said:

That’d be a hell of a pwo

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

If I remember right, qualification issues are gonna hold him back unfortunately.

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Patterson-89526/

I think texifornia is right and IIRC PWO enrollment is harder than what the scholarship athletes go through.

5 hours ago, spit said:

Not to say anything bad about Jake, because I'm glad he's joining our program as a PWO. But his highlights dont really compare to Bush's. 

I recognize there's a decent difference in level of competition. But Bush's tape looks legit. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Not to say anything bad about Jake, because I'm glad he's joining our program as a PWO. But his highlights dont really compare to Bush's. 

I recognize there's a decent difference in level of competition. But Bush's tape looks legit. 

Strake Jesuit plays 6A.  Those highlights include games against Pearland, Pearland Dawson, George Ranch and 6A Div. II State Runner Up Beaumont Westbrook who we (Jesuit) beat in the regular season but then lost to in the rematch in the second round of the playoffs.  No difference in level of competition.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VandyHorn said:

Strake Jesuit plays 6A.  Those highlights include games against Pearland, Pearland Dawson, George Ranch and 6A Div. II State Runner Up Beaumont Westbrook who we (Jesuit) beat in the regular season but then lost to in the rematch in the second round of the playoffs.  No difference in level of competition.

Shit my bad. 

Well, then, Bush's tape is unbelievable for a PWO.

5 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

https://247sports.com/Player/Jordan-Patterson-89526/

I think texifornia is right and IIRC PWO enrollment is harder than what the scholarship athletes go through.

People who can afford Out Of State Tuition to UT do not have qualification issues.

The amount of money that it would take to pay for school would have been used on tutors & test prep courses for years to enable a free college tuition, but if you can't afford to pay for academic assistance while your kid is in high school, there is no way that you can afford to pay for your kid to go to UT, unless s/he can qualify for a scholarship, which brings us back to academic qualification in the first place.

21 hours ago, randygilman said:

Burdine was one of the shittiest buildings to attend classes in. I had vomit filled hangovers in those bathrooms. Good to know something good has come out of that place.

I had most of my upper division classes in Burdine and it is still the ugliest fucking building on campus. (I showed an English friend and an Argentine friend around the campus in October, we got out and looked at the stadium through the SouthEast corner view and then I drove them around campus, including showing them the shit-stain that is Burdine.

1 hour ago, VandyHorn said:

1 hour ago, Katfid54 said:

Shit my bad. 

Well, then, Bush's tape is unbelievable for a PWO.

Yes, Bush's tape looked great. He seems like the kind of guy who might have gone to Baylor or Tech in the past and then turned into a borderline NFL prospect.

16 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

People who can afford Out Of State Tuition to UT do not have qualification issues.

The amount of money that it would take to pay for school would have been used on tutors & test prep courses for years to enable a free college tuition, but if you can't afford to pay for academic assistance while your kid is in high school, there is no way that you can afford to pay for your kid to go to UT, unless s/he can qualify for a scholarship, which brings us back to academic qualification in the first place.

you know, some people don’t need tutors and test prep courses. 

• Like 2

Something for you guys to note for Lakia Henry’s visit next weekend. I’ve read the belief or concern that folks think he’s short - something like 5’9”. He’s measured just over 6’, 225lbs when visiting other schools. He’s got prototypical measurements and it’s not something anyone should worry over. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Something for you guys to note for Lakia Henry’s visit next weekend. I’ve read the belief or concern that folks think he’s short - something like 5’9”. He’s measured just over 6’, 225lbs when visiting other schools. He’s got prototypical measurements and it’s not something anyone should worry over. 

Can you tell us whether he smiles with his eyes or not? That's important you know.