Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

If Whittington plays at RB, can you recall a class that we signed with more talent at the skill positions? I was trying to think of a class that had more talent at WR, RB, and TE combined and really could not find one. 

In 2005 we signed Charles, Cosby and Finley. That is the closet one I could find. 

5 minutes ago, TankedBevo said:

They pump up Jimbo's one and only NC like it's fucking pre-ordained to happen again (see: Mack Brown) and using said championship as a yet another dick measure, while completely ignoring the fact that both have the same amount as a coach in any capacity. Fucking knobs. 

Chief revisited. Will not end well. As usual.

I almost feel bad for aggy who thought it smarter to bankroll a head coach with a national championship than a young coach with potential. If Herman fails here, it only proves that he wasn't ready to HC a blue blood. If Jimbo loses, it proves that even a NC coach can't save aggy. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I almost feel bad for aggy who thought it smarter to bankroll a head coach with a national championship than a young coach with potential. If Herman fails here, it only proves that he wasn't ready to HC a blue blood. If Jimbo loses, it proves that even a NC coach can't save aggy. 

They need Saban to retire, Auburn to just give up, and LSU to take 4 years off from recruiting. None of these things are likely to happen.

100 Year Decision you stupid sips. 

17 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They need Saban to retire, Auburn to just give up, and LSU to take 4 years off from recruiting. None of these things are likely to happen.

it’ll be funny if Jimbo leaves for Bama when Sabin finally retires. 

Edited by Rhinotx

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Like Bill said, Dabo to Bama isn't automatic, but it'd be hilarious if he replaced Saban at Bama just as A&M gets Clemson off their OOC schedule. 

If Gene Stallings is still with us when Saban retires, Bama has a shot to land Dabo. Otherwise, it ain't happening. 

I do think the Aggy will be terrible notion is misguided. Those people would push their mother and wives into traffic to win. I think they'll continue to fall, because they're Aggy, but they won't fall on their faces. I think Jimbo/cheating keeps them competitive. Texas needs a West Coast presence. 

44 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

They need Mississippi State to do something since they've owned aggy lately.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

5 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

Look, I love fucking with those nitwits as much as anyone, but how the hell does aggy have three five stars to our one, a higher per player average, and two more signed recruits and still be ranked below us? That seems like some fuzzy math.

The per player average in that screenshot only averages the number of stars each player has - so a high 4 star counts the same as a low 4 star. The actual class rankings probably take the players' exact rankings into account. So we probably had a lot of high 4 stars.