Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

24 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Mother of god, it takes a strong man to leave that behind. 

takes a smart man to open up additional opportunities in other markets...  never fall in love with your inventory, build upon it.    Filet mignon gets old after eating it several days consecutively, see the menu.. taste the offerings of life.

1 hour ago, hornyhorn said:

not on campus hes not weve been over this ut thots are non existent..............6th st will provide the thots

here is brus current girlfriend guarantee  no other thot on texas campus is this beautiful

So, as a high school senior, he’s fucking a Lakers girl?  That’s scrong to quite scrong. 

• Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 5:04 PM, Leanderman said:

Back in the day, Simms had a "wow factor" similar to Bru this cycle.

Some argue upthread that Chris was a bigger "wow factor" than Bru - and that pov is certainly legitimate -  but everyone is unanimous that Bru is pretty doggone good "wow", lol.

Bru is a 300 blackout with a suppressor, not a popgun, lol.

I also remember the night Earl Campbell said he was going to bed and he would tell everyone the next morning if it was Texas or OU.

Earl was exhilarating, too, but not an "in-your-face" flip like Bru and Simms.

With Bru and Jake Smith ... oh my!

Edited by XOVERX

2 hours ago, Soldierhorn said:

Agree... but it doesnt matter with how the player was treated.  

I put a lot of that on MB and Phil Simms. Phil could have squashed most of the bad perceptions by managing the situation better. Austin is not miami, NY or Tennessee. Showing up in a limo was a bad move and put a bad taste in people's mouths and then rumors of guarantees to play.  I think this not only hurt Chris but also fan perceptions with GG later on. 

Wearing #1 was a bad look too. Screams look at me.  Qb must be a team first guy and he oozed me first with the limo and uniform #. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Just clicked on the Softball roster.  She's from Carson, CA.  Iakopo is a Polynesian name and not a common one - most likely Samoan.  I'd say very likely she's related to the girlfriend.

Strong Polynesian ties?? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sushihorn said:

Just clicked on the Softball roster.  She's from Carson, CA.  Iakopo is a Polynesian name and not a common one - most likely Samoan.  I'd say very likely she's related to the girlfriend.

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

A Mary Iakopo just transferred to Texas to play softball. I wonder if that’s her sister. Looks like she’s in an Oregon softball jersey in another pic. 

well look at that carl just broke the secret behind brus choosing to transfer to texas.............it also proves mehringer had more help in the recruitment

• Fuck You 9

1 hour ago, hornyhorn said:

well look at that carl just broke the secret behind brus choosing to transfer to texas.............it also proves mehringer had more help in the recruitment

Did you get this fucking dumb all by yourself or was it a culmination of you being a dumb fuck and 4 years in the shit station? 

Edited by CB'sGotMeLit

6 hours ago, thepop said:

Looks like Jetblue from Long Beach. Easily the best way to fly from Austin to LA or vice versa.

3 hours ago, williemackgarza said:

Flown tnru there twice. Direct and LBC is a small not too busy airport. Old school load off the tarmac airport.

3 hours ago, thepop said:

Beats LAX anyday

I flew in/out of Long Beach Airport once a week for about 6 weeks to SLC on Southwest in fall of '98.

Back then...
-LB Airport was much smaller than Burdine, but still better looking.
-Short-term Parking was right in front of the building for $7/day.
-Long-term Parking was in a lot on the other side of short-term parking, about 100 yards to the front door, and cost $3/day.

Great airport if the flights work for you.

...LA regional airport talk not going away...

I thought Chris Simms was highly underrated. He won a ton of games for us and seemed like a really good guy.  I loved Applewhite too, but i thought people expected less of him because he didn't have the stature or pedigree of Simms so they gave Applewhite more credit than he deserved while simultaneously giving Chris less credit than he deserved for the inverse reasons.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mop said:

I thought Chris Simms was highly underrated. He won a ton of games for us and seemed like a really good guy.  I loved Applewhite too, but i thought people expected less of him because he didn't have the stature or pedigree of Simms so they gave Applewhite more credit than he deserved while simultaneously giving Chris less credit than he deserved for the inverse reasons.

Aparantly he got plenty of $100 handshake credit. What more do you want?

27 minutes ago, mop said:

Major was the consummate under-dog on the field. Ending his career the way he did, a near comeback in the Big 12 title game followed by the Holiday Bowl victory, pretty much sealed his legacy here until the other info people here are mentioning started to leak out over the years.

• Like 4

37 minutes ago, Modessit said:
40 minutes ago, futureman said:
he could make throws applewhite couldn’t. 

To the other team

Having attended the university during those wonderful years, this sums it up. Simms had the name and was incredibly talented. He also had the tendency to choke in the big moments. As a fan, it was easy to pull for the scrappy underdog major who had a way of coming in and saving the day. 

As an aside, I used to park next to Simms and his white Escalade in the jester garage. He was a pretty cool dude. 

8 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I flew in/out of Long Beach Airport once a week for about 6 weeks to SLC on Southwest in fall of '98.

Back then...
-LB Airport was much smaller than Burdine, but still better looking.
-Short-term Parking was right in front of the building for $7/day.
-Long-term Parking was in a lot on the other side of short-term parking, about 100 yards to the front door, and cost $3/day.

Great airport if the flights work for you.

...LA regional airport talk not going away...

Also at Long Beach, you still walk from terminal to plane and board using the old timey stairs. 

41 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

So, raise your hand if you remember the aggravation of hoping every year that Fred Akers would discover the concept of "offense" and you'd really like to tell the internet about it.

Apparently,  this is the place for such things.

What about my memories of helping your mom discover herself?

So are Henry and Shepherd the only realistic additional signings to this class, at this point? We're not seriously looking at any OL grad transfers or straight-up transfers, are we? I'd take a grad transfer, but would prefer to save the ships for the next class if numbers are going to be as tight as predicted.

6 minutes ago, irishtexan said:

So are Henry and Shepherd the only realistic additional signings to this class, at this point? We're not seriously looking at any OL grad transfers or straight-up transfers, are we? I'd take a grad transfer, but would prefer to save the ships for the next class if numbers are going to be as tight as predicted.

They’re going after Proctor, Richmond and the Rutgers grad transfer OLs. 

• Like 1

I am not really seeing much left on the bone for the continuation of the 2019 recruiting class for us at this point.

Bru gave us one hell of a jolt, but I think the drive for 1000 is dead 

All that seems left is the inevitable drama of some type surrounding Shepherd to grind out a few pages and then we can pretty much put this class in the books.

Time to chill a bit till the summer and then roll to the 2020 thread.

• Like 1