Texas recruiting notes 2019

39 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Simms sucked against OU, as did the rest of the offense every time we faced them during that era, and he choked against CU in the Big 12 Championship Game. But he was a hell of a QB at Texas, worked the aggies, was tough as hell, was huge in branding and recruiting, and didnā€™t deserve anything that happened to him from our fucking fan base. He also doesnā€™t deserve to be viewed as anything but a massive part of Texas being launched back into the forefront of the sport of college football. It fucking sucks that he wonā€™t even speak publicly about his time at Texas.Ā 

Mack could never get his teams up for OU. I was at a point during Mack's tenure were I was just hopingĀ that BlowU didn't hang 50 or 60 on us. Damn shame where you have a top 10 team and have to worry about that kind of stuff.Ā 

51 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Good to see lots of idiots still believe the bullshit that was floated about Simms while he was here.

Here's a fact for you guys, Major Applewhite told me to my face he would have started Simms over himself if he had been coaching. Of course that anecdote has now gained another layer of entertainment given Applewhite's coaching failures.

I never said he did not deserve to be the starter. Are you saying he did not in fact show up in a limo and his father was not made assurances he would be the starter?Ā 

What a strange article:

Relevant guys:

Jadon Haselwoodā€“Ā MEDIUMĀ ā€“ Haselwood is a great talent and should excel in theĀ OklahomaĀ offense, but with two other five-star wide receivers in this class one of them will struggle so he canā€™t get that low rating.

DeMarvin Leal:Ā MEDIUMĀ ā€“ He has everything you want ā€“ size, speed and athleticism ā€“ but weā€™ll see if he has the drive to be great. Iā€™m not sure.

Theo Wease:Ā LOWĀ ā€“ Wease is more of a sure thing than Haselwood despite being ranked behind him. I love his mentality and think he will be a star at Oklahoma.

Bru McCoy:Ā MEDIUMĀ ā€“ McCoy is a great athlete who could play either side of the ball, but Iā€™m not sold he will dominate at whatever position he chooses.

Spencer Rattler:Ā MEDIUMĀ ā€“ Quarterbacks are usually medium unless they are named Trevor Lawrence, so while I think Rattler will have a great career, the bust factor at quarterback has me keeping him at medium.

Marcel Brooks:Ā LOWĀ ā€“ Brooks wants to be great, covers a ton of ground and is a tackling machine, so barring injury, I canā€™t see him failing. (FUCKING LOL)

Trejan Bridges:Ā Ā LOWĀ ā€“ I am a bigger fan of Bridges than anyone else and think his ball skills will assure him of stardom at the next level.

Kenyon Green:Ā MEDIUMĀ ā€“ Green carries some bad weight and can look slow at times so I wonder if he will continue to develop and improve in those areas.

Kardell Thomas:Ā LOWĀ ā€“ Thomas doesnā€™t have as high a ceiling as some others and is already close to what we can expect in college, but that also means he doesnā€™t have a big bust factor. (FUCKING LOLOLOL)

Erick Young:Ā LOWĀ ā€“ Young could be a big corner or an average sized safety and I think he finds a home at one of the two positions and becomes a star.

Ā 

Simms had a huge impact on our cache (accent) as a program and that helped future recruiting a lot. We owe him respect. Maybe McCoy will end up helping us return to the mountain top and have some impact of his own. He isnā€™t as big a name as Simms was at the time, but the story is ok cool hookā€™em.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

And agree with CTJ,Ā Simms was tough as hell. Ā Loved that about him. Ā He was also loved by his teammates. Far more than Major was. Ā ļ»æ

The Longhorn fanbase was quite deplorable at the time. It was embarrassing.Ā  Simms was a good young man and didnt deserve how he was treated

• Like 5

7 hours ago, MrPhlegm said:
On 1/25/2019 at 9:42 PM, happyhookem said:
Ā 
You know better than that shit, Phlegm. It's always aggy and never capitalized.

New Mexico State U are Aggies not aggy. Duh. Follow the link aggy boy.

Ā 

You obviously missed the "I am a dumbass" apology post a couple down from that one.

2 minutes ago, Soldierhorn said:

The Longhorn fanbase was quite deplorable at the time. It was embarrassing.Ā  Simms was a good young man and didnt deserve how he was treated

Agreed, but it's on the Coach who guarantees the five-star QB he is going to play when Applewhite should have been starting.

• Like 3
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, deech said:

Agreed, but it's on the Coach who guarantees the five-star QB he is going to play when Applewhite should have been starting.

Agree... but it doesnt matter with how the player was treated.Ā Ā 

I put a lot of that on MB and Phil Simms. PhilĀ could have squashed most of the bad perceptions by managing the situation better. Austin is not miami, NY or Tennessee. Showing up in a limo was a bad move and put a bad taste in people's mouths and then rumors of guarantees to play.Ā  I think this not only hurt Chris but also fan perceptions with GG later on.Ā 

Edited by Soldierhorn

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Simms sucked against OU, as did the rest of the offense every time we faced them during that era, and he choked against CU in the Big 12 Championship Game. But he was a hell of a QB at Texas, worked the aggies, was tough as hell, was huge in branding and recruiting, and didnā€™t deserve anything that happened to him from our fucking fan base. He also doesnā€™t deserve to be viewed as anything but a massive part of Texas being launched back into the forefront of the sport of college football. It fucking sucks that he wonā€™t even speak publicly about his time at Texas.Ā 

No, it doesn't:Ā https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/08/18/chris-simms-paid-boosters-college-football-texas

Ā 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Sounds like he was treated just fine by our fanbase.

Applewhite has disgraced himself and Simms doesn't seem to really want to be back here. There is really nothing pleasant that can result from discussing those days, so can we just stop? The worst part was Mack Brown coming to possibly the most idiotic conclusion you can from the situation: "if you have two QBs you really have none" No you moron, it means if a QB gets injured you have one. And so he was determined to never have more than one QB ever again...and eventually we actually had none.

6 hours ago, Tired of Lurking said:

That dude is gonna slay a lot of pussy.

not on campus hes not weve been over this ut thots are non existent..............6th st will provide the thots

here is brus current girlfriend guaranteeĀ  no other thot on texas campus is this beautiful

Ā 

• Fuck You 22

12 minutes ago, hornyhorn said:

not on campus hes not weve been over this ut thots are non existent..............6th st will provide the thots

here is brus current girlfriend guaranteeĀ  no other thot on texas campus is this beautiful

Ā 

This troll finds our 18 year old recruitā€™s girlfriend online. Let that sink in.Ā 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

A Mary Iakopo just transferred to Texas to play softball. I wonder if thatā€™s her sister. Looks like sheā€™s in an Oregon softball jersey in another pic.Ā 

Just clicked on the Softball roster.Ā  She's from Carson, CA.Ā  Iakopo is a Polynesian name and not a common one - most likely Samoan.Ā  I'd say very likely she's related to the girlfriend.

11 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

That 9 years seems wrong to me. Ā I thought it was just 3 or 4. Ā 

Wiki on Simms......

As player:

Tampa Bay BuccaneersĀ (2003ā€“2007)

Tennessee TitansĀ (2008)

Denver BroncosĀ (2009)

Tennessee TitansĀ (2010)

As coach:

New England PatriotsĀ (2012)
(Coaching assistant)

Edited by LTtxfan