If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

5 hours ago, mdmost said:

I think the only one at the station who has similar thoughts to JK is Corby. I think he's the only one who hasn't bought the SEC hype. It's nice that it takes an outsider to point it out to them.

jake leans more jk/corby on it i think. 

8 hours ago, MAUFRAIS said:

Bob believed the 2012 to Jimbo hype.

He sounds like he’s figuring it out and doesn’t know how to reconcile it.

Despite his claims to the contrary, Bob is clearly a closet Aggy or at the very least someone who would like to see them do well. I vaguely remember him mentioning part of the friend group he and his wife hang with are Aggies and he's also mentioned the possibility of his daughter going there. Count up how many times they've road tripped to Aggy games over the years against the dearth of UT games they've gone to. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

6 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

Outside of Wisconsin football and grading players for the draft, Bob doesn't follow college football at all.  His takes on programs are only as deep as to what's on paper.  He's not following recruiting or any of the other interworkings of college football.  It sucks because it basically makes the ticket unlistenable when they try to discuss college football on their own.

I know that their viewpoint is that Dallas is strictly a pro sports town, but I refuse to believe anything other than the Cowboys would command more interest than the topic of college football if they actually had a modicum of knowledge about the sport. Their main issue is not having the wherewithal to structure their discussions about college football as an overall topic rather than relying on the faulty belief that they would have to focus on local teams for it to be worth their while.

8 minutes ago, Drew said:

It’s also probably contrarianism in a way because he hears Jake and other listeners trash aggy all the time and thinks it’s not impossible for them to turn it around.

He simply doesn’t understand aggy. Easy as that

He's been like that for much longer than Jake has been part of the show. Besides Jake kind of downplays his fandom because he's too concerned with coming off as t-shirt fan. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

It's avoidance. Remember a few days ago. Junior and Jub explained that We, the dirty Pi1s, made life miserable for them. Such hateraid. This makes them feel bad. So stop hating and we're going to talk about what we want to.

It was pathetic. 

They have done it before. The Musers only do NCAA when it suits them and they won't tolerate you telling them that they should do more. So there. 

Fine. But, I don't have to stick around for games that some one played during WW2 when Pittsburgh had to combine with another team. Yeah, I listened to it. And I'll never get those minutes spent listening back. 

Corby, for all his faults is the most likely to talk cfb. Good or bad, he withstands the countless sacks of flaming shit we hurl at him. Junz is not so resistant. He gets his feels hurt. So, he whines about us every few years. Meh. Whatever. More cfb. Less piss in a jar. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

It's avoidance. Remember a few days ago. Junior and Jub explained that We, the dirty Pi1s, made life miserable for them. Such hateraid. This makes them feel bad. So stop hating and we're going to talk about what we want to.

It was pathetic. 

I know I need to take a hint and listen, but what happened here? They did a segment crying about the P1s?

1 minute ago, threesheets said:

I know I need to take a hint and listen, but what happened here? They did a segment crying about the P1s?

Yes. As a prelude to the cfb of the previous weekend. We apparently have to be satisfied with whatever games they choose to highlight and tough shit if you want more.

George had a good segment about going to Austin for the OkSt game. Lots of love for CDC and the game atmosphere. It was early yesterday morning. 

Yeah, enjoyed that. Makes me want to come down for a game. It’s been too long and the last time I was there, the experience was sadly so underwhelming, I haven’t been in a hurry to get back.

Eh...as always this thread proves claims that both Junior and Gordo have (rightfully) made over the years: (1) CFB fans are the most thin skinned of all fans (Junior’s claim) and (2) we selectively hear what we want to hear/what supports our argument/bias (Gordo’s).

Junior’s point the other day was, as they are going through talking about the big games of the weekend (Texas, Aggie, SMU, etc) they will invariably get complaints from whatever fan base that wasn’t mentioned saying “hey what about our game” and their point is they don’t have time to talk about each and every game and don’t owe every fan base “equal time” for every CFB segment.

In addition, this thread routinely says how “disgusting” it is if they dare say anything critical about the Horns or give praise to other teams saying they are biased against us while conveniently ignoring/not posting about the segments where they give us praise (like George’s game day experience report) or, worse yet, complain that they didn’t give us enough credit.

Please remember, as a great man who was once on Body Shaper said: we’re having fun here, no?

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

Junior’s point the other day was, as they are going through talking about the big games of the weekend (Texas, Aggie, SMU, etc) they will invariably get complaints from whatever fan base that wasn’t mentioned saying “hey what about our game” and their point is they don’t have time to talk about each and every game and don’t owe every fan base “equal time” for every CFB segment.

As mentioned above, I think they would be surprised that a large chunk of their listeners would be absolutely fine with a ratio of something closer to 75/25 cowboys to college football instead of the 90/10 (or worse) we get now.   I get this is a Cowboys town but there is only so much to analyze.  There really is no excuse for each show not doing at least a few minutes on each Texas, OU, A&M, Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU game weekly.   I think the bigger problem, as also mentioned, is these guys don't know shit about college football and don't watch the games.   Corby definitely knows and follows the most but we all have full time jobs and know 3X as much as him.   It's absolutely ridiculous that these guys can't find the time to follow college football considering their job description.

• Like 1

I tune in in the mornings for Gordo, and tune out from 10-12.  I will come back in for Bob's sports analysis and whatever lulz Dan can manage, and I'm in and out on the hardline.  Bob is the only one worth anything for actual sports talk.  I don't think I'm unique in my tastes.  More sports is not what they need.  There most valuable person, Gordo, doesn't even watch sports. 

As mentioned above, I think they would be surprised that a large chunk of their listeners would be absolutely fine with a ratio of something closer to 75/25 cowboys to college football instead of the 90/10 (or worse) we get now.   I get this is a Cowboys town but there is only so much to analyze.  There really is no excuse for each show not doing at least a few minutes on each Texas, OU, A&M, Tech, Baylor, SMU, TCU game weekly.   I think the bigger problem, as also mentioned, is these guys don't know shit about college football and don't watch the games.   Corby definitely knows and follows the most but we all have full time jobs and know 3X as much as him.   It's absolutely ridiculous that these guys can't find the time to follow college football considering their job description.

Oh I’m definitely in the 75/25 (or more) vs 90/10 crowd but have long reconciled that it’s the way it is at the Ticket (& listen to The Horn and multiple CFB podcasts for my CFB talk fix). Having said that it still annoys me and give me great irritainment to count up the amount of Cowboys/NFL segments on Bob’s run sheet through Wednesdays during the NFL season. Of the total 21 slots through a Wednesday, the over/under is 15.5 of those Monday - Wednesday slots will be Cowboys/NFL related.

“And again...”

1b8e968ffa132cec321a9f9e0f8d7e19.jpg

It's not better to avoid talking cfb in favor of a history of NFL teams like the Steegles. Who gives a shit about that? 

So because we call them out on not mentioning games they are going to avoid it as much as possible and fill the time with with flimsy premises?

Yep, that's a great compromise. 

Jub is possibly the most even handed. But, Junior won't even entertain the idea that he himself is biased. 

If I have to go somewhere else for my sports talk that's fine. But, Junior has no stomach for the fight. He'd rather waste his segments on BS. That's fine. I'll get my cfb fix with or without him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I tune in in the mornings for Gordo, and tune out from 10-12.  I will come back in for Bob's sports analysis and whatever lulz Dan can manage, and I'm in and out on the hardline.  Bob is the only one worth anything for actual sports talk.  I don't think I'm unique in my tastes.  More sports is not what they need.  There most valuable person, Gordo, doesn't even watch sports. 

you’re not.  you basically described my listening habits down to the letter. 

Man say what you want about simple Georgie, I refuse to believe someone else does better radio than the musers. Gordo’s pulitzer being their only accolade on the show is a travesty. Hell, Grubes and jer deserve something for what they did for radio. I’m just saying. Take care. 

• Like 1

I've said this before but I don't mind saying it again.  It's amazing to me that George doesn't see the hypocrisy in his criticism of Romo's tour exemptions.  I wonder how many actual talented musicians he bumps every time the Bird Dogs get added to a bill.  Big thanks to all the disc-jock-sniffing idiots out there that will actually go  out of their way to see a radio host play shitty music.

• Like 5

46 minutes ago, threesheets said:

I've said this before but I don't mind saying it again.  It's amazing to me that George doesn't see the hypocrisy in his criticism of Romo's tour exemptions.  I wonder how many actual talented musicians he bumps every time the Bird Dogs get added to a bill.  Big thanks to all the disc-jock-sniffing idiots out there that will actually go  out of their way to see a radio host play shitty music.

that’s a great point about him bumping real musicians.  and “disc-jock-sniffing” is good wordplay.  well done, sir. 

• Like 1

On 9/26/2019 at 12:57 PM, cactusflinthead said:

It's not better to avoid talking cfb in favor of a history of NFL teams like the Steegles. Who gives a shit about that? 

So because we call them out on not mentioning games they are going to avoid it as much as possible and fill the time with with flimsy premises?

Yep, that's a great compromise. 

Jub is possibly the most even handed. But, Junior won't even entertain the idea that he himself is biased. 

If I have to go somewhere else for my sports talk that's fine. But, Junior has no stomach for the fight. He'd rather waste his segments on BS. That's fine. I'll get my cfb fix with or without him.

They don't talk cfb much because it's such a fucking beating. For one, it's like the NBA in that really on 2 or some years 3 programs have a shot to win. That's boring as fuck. 

2nd, cfb fans are the fucking worst. They're the sports equivalent of today's political bullshit. Pick a side then fuck the truth, fuck reality, fuck rational thought, and fuck everyone else who isn't like me. I can only imagine how much of a beating it would be to cover that. If I were them I'd never talk CFB until the playoffs. 

• Fuck You 3

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

I’m just glad they didn’t win for the simple reason junior would be crowing about it everyday for a fucking year...

I knew junior would be the only one truly butthurt about it, and he was.  friday morning early he gave the “I don’t care about losing but...” and moaned and groaned like a fat bleeding bitch soaking through her maxi-pad.  what a gigantic fucking pussy.

There are A LOT of things to hate the Oklahomo Closet Show for. I don't think having a little competitive fire and being pissed a day later about losing the most prestigious award they could win in their field a 6th time is one of them.  Especially since I took a listen to some segments of the show that did win and in the few things I popped around to they were very run of the mill/generic sports station guys who try to be edgy. A lot of manufactured hot takes that likely get the average Boston sports bro all fired up.

12 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

There are A LOT of things to hate the Oklahomo Closet Show for. I don't think having a little competitive fire and being pissed a day later about losing the most prestigious award they could win in their field a 6th time is one of them.  Especially since I took a listen to some segments of the show that did win and in the few things I popped around to they were very run of the mill/generic sports station guys who try to be edgy. A lot of manufactured hot takes that likely get the average Boston sports bro all fired up.

competitive fire and being a whiny little cunt are two entirely different things.