$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Never paid a dollar for any of this “insider shit” but the timing on Gerry and Bobby’s part seems idiotic.

10x the eyeballs on their work the next month than anytime in the last 15 years and you blow it up now instead of in mid-January? 

Pretty sure IT/Nahlin was the one pushing. It's logical that IT/Nahlin/On3 felt like Bobby was using company resources to do a side job and wanted it to come under their umbrella. I'm sure Bobby felt like the success of his YouTube channel was due to his connections and hard work and had no interest in that. There wasn't some option for Bobby/Gerry to delay a clean break for a month.

• Hook 'Em 4

6 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Pretty sure IT/Nahlin was the one pushing. It's logical that IT/Nahlin/On3 felt like Bobby was using company resources to do a side job and wanted it to come under their umbrella. I'm sure Bobby felt like the success of his YouTube channel was due to his connections and hard work and had no interest in that. There wasn't some option for Bobby/Gerry to delay a clean break for a month.

I feel like if it wasn't for his contract, Gerry would be with Bobby still.

Hopefully Bobby can have Gerry on as a "special guest."

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, HenryJames said:

I enjoy bobby and babers, i'm sorry drew, gerry, and joe are stuck with Inside Texas... We all love drama though. Bobby has brought on a lot of really interesting talking heads including CDC to his channel, so I have no doubt he'll be able to grow it. I do think he should consider building out a studio at his home to look more professional... The Inside Texas YouTube channel kickoff was rough... 

What's the word on him doing a live stream at one of our tailgates next year with Rod B?

On 12/10/2023 at 1:52 PM, whereiend said:

Ian is a pretty terrible radio personality and not special as a writer, but his football takes can be interesting. It's pretty clear the hasn't played a down competitively and that has pros and cons. The good news is that he isn't shackled by conventional wisdom the way that your typical meathead football commentator is. The bad news is that when he misses he can miss big and say embarrassing things.

His analysis of Herman's QB run game is an example of what I like about him. Everyone knows that running the QB "provides an extra blocker in the box", but Ian's theory that the ability to dial the QB running up and down was the primary source of Herman's ability to overachieve in big games was an interesting observation that I hadn't seen other commentator's make. I remember a stay that Bill Connelly had about how Herman's teams were ridiculously "lucky" year-in and year-out and I think it make sense that there might be something systematic about that.

Another example is the 3-3-5 defense. We all know that this has taken over the big 12, but I really haven't seen anyone else anywhere in the country discuss the mechanics of this defense and why it works to the extent that Ian has.

Now, when he is writing about scouting HS prospects that's obviously way out of his zone and I'm gonna skip over that. And at his root he is a message board poster who is prone to extreme homerism clouding his vision. IT also seems to have a bigger quota for him than he has bandwidth to generate. Still, sometimes he can write interesting stuff.

congrats on writing an Ian Boyd amount of words about Ian Boyd and his idiotic takes. 

• Haha 2

On 12/10/2023 at 11:09 AM, BrazilHorn said:

I can’t remember the name of the dude that was on the “On Texas Football” pod when Bobby or Gerry didn’t host. (He was an ex-sportswriter/broadcaster) but he was an absolute beating. Just sucked and seemingly knew zero about the Longhorns. 

Bro, seriously. I want to say his name is something like Erin Hogan? Dude was a beating, and like you said, knew absolutely nothing about football. Plus he looked like he has dead eyes and would be what most people think of when describing an older rapist. 

Hogan is good as a "host" personality because his professionalism in radio IMO and that is exactly what he is doing. The key will be for Bobby to get Gerry or info Gerry has to public on OTF, even if only once a week as a "guest"

The ability for Bobby to have CDC, Hartzell, Eltiffe, Luginbill, and Finebaum types shows his reach. Continue to bring in those guys.

The real area that will show the YT channels long term success will be how Bobby tackles non-football season. Luckily for him and us we are in the CFP and NSD2 is in February. I'll assume he'll cover the draft and other stuff for us closer to provide content as well which will take us to April. Couple that with spring ball and he might be alright. 

12 minutes ago, Bad Host said:

There is a guy who frequently hosts named Erin Hogan who’s been an Austin radio personality for a really long time. I don’t know him, but Rod Babers speaks highly of him. His lighting situation can get odd at times, as if he’s broadcasting from some ethereal darkness, but I’m sure he’s not what you described.

It’s been pointed out I’m probably the guy Brazil hates. I’ve been a poster on this board and it’s predecessors for many years (some of you know my handle), and enjoy the community. Shitting on people is what we do. It’s just weird when you start taking shrapnel.  

As Post Oak posted earlier (thanks for the kinda compliment by the way?) I was a sportscaster a long time ago, then a news anchor. I left TV in 2001, got real jobs, then retired this summer at a fairly young age. I really appreciated the work Gerry Hamilton was doing at IT, and exchanged messages with him. I later saw how much work Bobby was doing on YouTube and wondered if there was some way I could help, and reached out. Suddenly, I was given a livestream to host. Hell yes I was out of practice, plus in a different format than anything I had done previously.

I was also to just act as a facilitator, to engage the “experts” and read the questions coming in. When you’re reading a “superchat” (obligated to read those) with a rudimentary thought, it’s easy to conflate the reader with the silly/obvious/clearly misguided question (some superchats can be great questions). So, yeah, I can see where I can look like a dumbass who doesn’t know anything about football if echoing a dumbass thought. Of course,I can be a dumbass on my own, but Texas Football/Football has been my passion for years. I know it. No, I don’t know every sophomore linebacker at North Crowley who might “be on the radar.” 

I was trained as a journalist, so I’m absolutely guilty of choosing my words carefully. That and the passage of time/slowing of synapses can interfere with one’s slickness. I’m not a hot-take-guy, so I guess that’s a ding, too. 

I have no idea what’s going on with the channels, nor had any notice. I don’t even know if I’m to do any more shows. I was just a Texas Football fan who thought he might be able to help, keep engaged after retirement and not melt into a recliner. Also, not a rapist.

Thanks, Ray

Personally, I like your sense of humor. Welcome to the board! Stick around and post some, maybe we can upgrade to "Mediocre Host" haha! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Bad Host said:

There is a guy who frequently hosts named Erin Hogan who’s been an Austin radio personality for a really long time. I don’t know him, but Rod Babers speaks highly of him. His lighting situation can get odd at times, as if he’s broadcasting from some ethereal darkness, but I’m sure he’s not what you described.

It’s been pointed out I’m probably the guy Brazil hates. I’ve been a poster on this board and it’s predecessors for many years (some of you know my handle), and enjoy the community. Shitting on people is what we do. It’s just weird when you start taking shrapnel.  

As Post Oak posted earlier (thanks for the kinda compliment by the way?) I was a sportscaster a long time ago, then a news anchor. I left TV in 2001, got real jobs, then retired this summer at a fairly young age. I really appreciated the work Gerry Hamilton was doing at IT, and exchanged messages with him. I later saw how much work Bobby was doing on YouTube and wondered if there was some way I could help, and reached out. Suddenly, I was given a livestream to host. Hell yes I was out of practice, plus in a different format than anything I had done previously.

I was also to just act as a facilitator, to engage the “experts” and read the questions coming in. When you’re reading a “superchat” (obligated to read those) with a rudimentary thought, it’s easy to conflate the reader with the silly/obvious/clearly misguided question (some superchats can be great questions). So, yeah, I can see where I can look like a dumbass who doesn’t know anything about football if echoing a dumbass thought. Of course,I can be a dumbass on my own, but Texas Football/Football has been my passion for years. I know it. No, I don’t know every sophomore linebacker at North Crowley who might “be on the radar.” 

I was trained as a journalist, so I’m absolutely guilty of choosing my words carefully. That and the passage of time/slowing of synapses can interfere with one’s slickness. I’m not a hot-take-guy, so I guess that’s a ding, too. 

I have no idea what’s going on with the channels, nor had any notice. I don’t even know if I’m to do any more shows. I was just a Texas Football fan who thought he might be able to help, keep engaged after retirement and not melt into a recliner. Also, not a rapist.

Thanks, Ray

Hi Ray! I enjoyed your sincerity and moderation of the chats. I hope you do more.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, SimkinsMan said:

Hi Ray! I enjoyed your sincerity and moderation of the chats. I hope you do more.

Thank you so much, and also thank you to the others who have graciously given me a positive reaction. I guess newbies get one free rep a day, and I used it on BO&W! 🤣  

I’ll slink away now… 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Bad Host said:

Thanks, Ray

Take it with a grain of Salt Ray. IMHO what irritated me was it appeared you were on a delay causing you to talk over the other hosts.

Thanks for posting and keep your head up. It can sometimes get brutal in here.

Hook'em

10 hours ago, hook me said:

congrats on writing an Ian Boyd amount of words about Ian Boyd and his idiotic takes. 

This might be one the most savage burns I've seen on this website in my time here. As succint as it is brutal. 

7 hours ago, SamMan said:

The key takeaway for me from this debacle is that Eric Nahlin is a fucking chaos engine. I have no doubt that all this shit falls at his feet. He is the only person selfish and foolish enough to hit self destruct at the pinnacle of the best fucking season Texas Football has had in over a decade. I suppose the worst criticism I could deliver is that this mess is similar to the shit show currently taking place in College Station. It’s a goddamn shame, too, but this is who that man is and always has been. He is a small person. Period.

Bobby was one of the key guys at 247 involved in hiring a struggling local sports anchor who showed up in Nashville and became a YouTube CFB star (Josh Pate), before he left for On3. I think he will be just fine navigating this new set of circumstances. He might suck at ad reads (bad news, @Wulaw Horn) and his on-screen timing may leave a lot to be desired, but he knows this market better than almost anyone. The irony is that it seems the crux of the disagreement was that Bobby’s passion project ended up being more lucrative than the business Nahlin has been running for a decade.

And FYI, Ian Boyd fucking sucks. I honestly think one of the characters in Progressive’s “turning into their parents” ads is based on him…you all know which one. He has the personality of a mayonnaise sandwich. His appeal, best as I can tell, is that of an abortifacient—he snuffs the life out of everything he is involved in. I can’t read, watch, or listen to the guy. He is in constant search of galaxy-brain solutions to rudimentary problems. It’s tedious and entirely unproductive. Rod B. is everything Ian isn’t and so much more.

@LTtxfan is correct—Scip and Drew are the only people worth a shit for IT on YouTube, but BO&W is correct that Scip, smarmy as he can be, is best in print form. What has kept Bobby and Gerry relevant for decades is what will continue to stand them in good stead going forward—passion, hard work, consistency, reliability, and strong relationships, with both their sources and their followers. Unfortunately, I don’t think anybody is going to come out of this completely unscathed.

This is about as accurate as it gets. 

• Hook 'Em 1

35 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

image.png.7645744b1a9c28201fd10fb5115c83f8.png

This AM.

I know putting out regular content helps greatly with the youtube algorithm, but I don't know if once a day is better than twice a day or three times a day. However the fact that Bobby changed his thumbnail so quickly to such a seo/search optimized design makes me think he's had some kind of youtube monetization consultation so maybe they told him 2-3 per day are the right amount of videos. 

1 minute ago, Red Five said:

Pretty good interview with Tope Imade on Coffee and Football this morning. 

I need to watch it. A couple years ago as he was concluding his 18th season, he gave an interview in which he praised Flood for developing him more in the short time they were together than in all his cumulative football activity prior. He’s a really sharp guy.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

[Spends all day on Surly.]

I don't have time to watch a daily hour-long video!

As someone that can't retain information at all if someone only says it to me and has to write things down so I can read them back, the shift to podcasts/video content has been a miserable experience.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Vito Andolini said:

I need to watch it. A couple years ago as he was concluding his 18th season, he gave an interview in which he praised Flood for developing him more in the short time they were together than in all his cumulative football activity prior. He’s a really sharp guy.

Yes, very sharp guy, and the interview will definitely make you appreciate what we have in Coach Flood 

• Hook 'Em 2

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

As someone that can't retain information at all if someone only says it to me and has to write things down so I can read them back, the shift to podcasts/video content has been a miserable experience.

the AI audio or video to written transcript tools that are out there now are genuinely jaw dropping.

Edited by NoName
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, Bad Host said:

Thanks, Ray

Ray!

Notice how all these little bitches here immediately went from talking shit to kissing your ass the second you showed up?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Hermanator said:

Ray!

Notice how all these little bitches here immediately went from talking shit to kissing your ass the second you showed up?

We’re all good, no ass kissing going on, just people realizing, “Hey, that guy may be an asshole, but he’s our asshole.” I’m extremely grateful for the positive response.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

What The Hell Wtf GIF by The Lonely Island

How can I appreciate Herm’s sentiment yet not agree with his premise? And LL, I was writing you this morning when my device ran out of juice, yeah, technical difficulties screwed me over multiple times, so that will indeed screw up your flow. I have enough flow problems #Flomax

• Haha 1