$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

The average poster here is probably more informed on the current state of Texas football than Bohls. It's been years since I read an article of his, but it was amazing just how much shit he didn't know. Getting names wrong, positions wrong, etc. Littered throughout each article. 

14 minutes ago, Red Five said:

The average poster here is probably more informed on the current state of Texas football than Bohls. It's been years since I read an article of his, but it was amazing just how much shit he didn't know. Getting names wrong, positions wrong, etc. Littered throughout each article. 

I think the only good thing Charlie Strong did at Texas was emasculate that no talent hack by never getting his name right. 

• Haha 2

Subscriptions went live on https://ontexasfootball.com this morning.

cancel the rest of your subs and subscribe. Between Surly and OTF you’ll be in the know on everything guaranteed*

Code MULEDICK for a surly discount of $20 off your first year of the annual subscription. 
https://ontexasfootball.com/store/product/2-annual-supporter/

*I will cancel your subscription for a pro rated amount if you are not satisfied. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

cancel the rest of your subs and subscribe. Between Surly and OTF you’ll be in the know on everything guaranteed*

Code MULEDICK for a surly discount of $20 off your first year of the annual subscription. 

*I will cancel your subscription for a pro rated amount if you are not satisfied. 

Can’t believe Burton didn’t pimp this code on coffee and football this morning 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, immamac said:

Forgot to mention it’s good for the first 50 who use it. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Viper said:

Didn't Nahlin hire Landon at IT? Did he get let go or just find out it was an unpaid contributor situation?

Had never heard of that guy, but what a loser. He should, you know, get a real job and support his family. 

• Hook 'Em 3

17 minutes ago, Viper said:

Didn't Nahlin hire Landon at IT? Did he get let go or just find out it was an unpaid contributor situation?

"Im a Sports Media Content Creator...

...I know it's what my Lord & Savior Jesus Christ called me to do✝️"

Uh, sure bud. He's calling down from heaven asking for more YouTube videos about Jaydon Blue.

• Haha 4

On 4/8/2024 at 6:16 PM, Bodacious Bevo said:

Will the premium links continue to show up in the feed on the side of the page? 

Free only for now would you like the paid stuff to show? I thought that would be frustrating but it may be a good advertising tool with the blurb of the title and premium tag. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, immamac said:

Free only for now would you like the paid stuff to show? I thought that would be frustrating but it may be a good advertising tool with the blurb of the title and premium tag. 

Maybe the latter? I didn't realize how much premium content was posted until I muledicked for a premium account. 

14 minutes ago, Fico said:

Maybe the latter? I didn't realize how much premium content was posted until I muledicked for a premium account. 

Well it just launched on Monday of last week so you didn’t miss much ;) 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Viper said:

Who is this guy? I check the IT YouTube shows regularly and haven’t seen him once. But my buddies always send me his videos with Inside Texas all over it. Seems like his stuff is a regurgitation of reports from the regular IT staff. 

22 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

Who is this guy? I check the IT YouTube shows regularly and haven’t seen him once. But my buddies always send me his videos with Inside Texas all over it. Seems like his stuff is a regurgitation of reports from the regular IT staff. 

He's a youtube guy doing UT and I think Dallas Cowboys stuff. Seemed to be hired by IT for a hot minute before the story was edited to remove him

Original On3 story:

image.png

Later edited story:

image.png

6 hours ago, immamac said:

Personally, I'd be more likely to go get a premium OTF sub if the paid articles were on the feed because I'd be able to access them from here without going to a separate site 

18 hours ago, Texasborn91 said:

Nahlin looks like an ISIS hostage being forced out in front of the camera in all these videos 

no kidding, he still has the stage presence of a fucking ficus tree and also is about that smart, since he can't get his mic that's on an arm out of the shot.

image.thumb.png.521dafe0a62b0e60e0a044a49e6c8a51.png

also this is the first picture of scipio that i've ever seen and i'll be damned if he doesn't look exactly like i imagined - down to the library behind him

image.thumb.png.77f2412e8e26f3ba932f49b862f82038.png

Ian Boyd still looks like someone is just slightly off screen with a gun to his head every time he speaks

image.thumb.png.708640c43a3af823efc5c4ae82de4e3d.png

i have no clue who LC is, dude isn't on their masthead and i can't figure out who he is on the first page of google results, but he at least was on more than 1 video call over the last 4 years and knows to have his camera not setup 3' from the wall

for a quick comparison here is the OTF setup, which appears someone spent more than half a second of thought into how they would look on a call and how they would sound. what a concept when you do this for a living

image.thumb.png.e01a5eccd0b00790219dceb8f54855fb.png

1 minute ago, NoName said:

no kidding, he still has the stage presence of a fucking ficus tree and also is about that smart, since he can't get his mic that's on an arm out of the shot.

also this is the first picture of scipio that i've ever seen and i'll be damned if he doesn't look exactly like i imagined - down to the library behind him

Ian Boyd still looks like someone is just slightly off screen with a gun to his head every time he speaks

i have no clue who LC is, dude isn't on their masthead and i can't figure out who he is on the first page of google results, but he at least was on more than 1 video call over the last 4 years and knows to have his camera not setup 3' from the wall

for a quick comparison here is the OTF setup, which appears someone spent more than half a second of thought into how they would look on a call and how they would sound. what a concept when you do this for a living

• Haha 2

OTF's morning show is doing 750-1000 viewers each morning this time of year is insane for the Longhorn YT programing. It is safe to assume during the season they'll be at easily 1000-2000 viewers consistently and I believe it will be closer at the 2000 mark. Their aftergame show will peak at 3-4k live viewers. If they can hit 5k viewers for those post game shows good lord.

58 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

OTF's morning show is doing 750-1000 viewers each morning this time of year is insane for the Longhorn YT programing. It is safe to assume during the season they'll be at easily 1000-2000 viewers consistently and I believe it will be closer at the 2000 mark. Their aftergame show will peak at 3-4k live viewers. If they can hit 5k viewers for those post game shows good lord.

Rookie numbers, I think we start pushing 10k soon enough in the season. 

1 hour ago, NoName said:

I think you care entirely too much about aesthetics, but as long as we’re having this conversation I think wearing a t-shirt looks horrible on camera. Just get anything with a collar. Tees are my one pet peeve. 

4 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

I think you care entirely too much about aesthetics, but as long as we’re having this conversation I think wearing a t-shirt looks horrible on camera. Just get anything with a collar. Tees are my one pet peeve. 

i get super annoyed that people who purport to do this for a living, do such a shitty job of it. if they care this little then just do podcasts.

obviously i'm not out here trying to get them to set up green screens and have a professional setup, but for very little money and spending 2 min looking at your product you can make it much more appealing. it's the kind of thing that's so easy not doing the minimal shows everyone how little you care about your product.

which is fine if you are hornsports or surly and doing it for free - but if you are putting your stuff behind a paywall it's lazy and shows how little you care.

i've complained before. OTF was not great when they started but they quickly got much better

IT is basically still as shitty as they were before, with the exception some of them have actual mics now and don't use the shitty ones built into their laptops.

10 minutes ago, Hornmatic said:

If you are trying to branch out on YT all of what he says is true. There is literally analytics that prove all of it. If you have the personality of a door knob you won't make it far in video format.

I really enjoy Gerry and Bobby but holy fuck man. Their last few podcasts have gone full NASCAR with the ads. One 30 minute podcast has 10 commercials now. And the YouTube video has ads plastered all over it. It’s really affecting the quality now. Just too much. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, Newy25 said:

I really enjoy Gerry and Bobby but holy fuck man. Their last few podcasts have gone full NASCAR with the ads. One 30 minute podcast has 10 commercials now. And the YouTube video has ads plastered all over it. It’s really affecting the quality now. Just too much. 

the ad reads or the actual youtube podcast injecting ads? 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, immamac said:

the ad reads or the actual youtube podcast injecting ads? 

I listen to the audio on Spotify. The commercial ads are every 2-3 minutes on the last two I listened to. 

7 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I listen to the audio on Spotify. The commercial ads are every 2-3 minutes on the last two I listened to. 

Agreed. I listen to the podcast audio as well. It's brutal. There will be 1-2 minutes of ads inserted into the program, and then Bobby or whoever will do another 30-60 second read. It's becoming unlistenable.

To be clear, I am a huge fan of what Bobby, Gerry, et. al. bring to the table. But they are producing too much material (it is therefore repetitive), and their podcasts come off very much like a website choked with pop-up ads. I hope this is seen as the constructive feedback it is intended to be.

Edited by SimkinsMan
  • Hook 'Em 3