$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

Boyd takes 406 words to justify his premise, comprising over 25% of the actual content

One of the interesting quirks of March Madness is watching which teams have winning guard play, and which do not. Teams can win games in the regular season without good floor generals.

A point made by Jonathan Tjarks of the Ringer recently in talking through the upcoming March Madness slate and it’s most interesting NBA prospects was the supreme importance of guard play, point guard play in particular, in determining the tournament outcomes. Everyone gameplans each other much more carefully in the postseason, they know each other’s actions, strengths, and weaknesses. Bad guards are exposed and great guards rise to the top.

As Texas basketball fans are well aware, the quality and talent of a team’s forwards doesn’t much matter if the point guard can’t be trusted to get the offense rolling and pass the ball to the forward in the spots on the floor where he can dominate games. Tjarks noted in his discussion of the tournament how the NBA has a baseline of competency every guard meets, whereas in college basketball you routinely have incompetent guards and/or guards who don’t realize they shouldn’t be the ones trying to take the winning shots with the game on the line.

Football works very differently in some regards and yet boils down to the same issue in others.

Traditionally teams put their best skill player at running back and it lowers the bar for how much a quarterback has to be able to do in order to ensure the ball is in the best player’s hands. Instead it’s the offensive line which becomes the “point guard” single point of failure for an offensive system. Baylor and Oklahoma State went to the Big 12 title last year in spite of their field generals, relying on the O-line, defense, and running the ball.

Next season will be a bit different as the quarterback position is changing quite a bit across the league. We’ve already talked about the incoming transfers at the position, this week we’re going to talk about some of the young emerging guys and how they project to be able to guide winning efforts for their teams.

If the league gets back to its high-flying ways in 2022, it won’t do to try and play defense and run the ball. Teams will have to put the games back in the hands of their “point guards” at quarterback and hope they can manufacture offense in big spots.

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/the-big-12s-next-class-of-field-generals-quarterback-dekkers-morris-daniels/

Big explaining the joke energy here

14 hours ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Boyd takes 406 words to justify his premise, comprising over 25% of the actual content

https://www.on3.com/teams/texas-longhorns/news/the-big-12s-next-class-of-field-generals-quarterback-dekkers-morris-daniels/

Big explaining the joke energy here

I thought we were banning anybody that quoted Ian Boyd. Especially when they only quote the most fucking irrelevant part. 

"Bullet train to burnout?"  Bullshit. Cry me a river. Working your ass off for "a fraction"  of what the head coach in air conditioned comfort sleeping in comfortable hotel rooms and making a damn good salary is still damn good job to have. Believe it or not, oh Matt Fortuna, people work hard for a lot, lot less. My great grandfather was a gandydancer for Southern Pacific for 19 years. I have the sledgehammer he used. It weighs 22 .lbs. He swung it all day, every day in east Texas for 19  years. Rain or shine, summer and winter.  I know roofers who work 12 hour days in the Texas summer. Their workers, usually Mexican,  blow insulation in attics etc ... and don't make much money at all.  PLUS, while recruiting may be 365 days a year, the size of the organizations built to facilitate recruiting has grown monumentally.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

"Bullet train to burnout?"  Bullshit. Cry me a river. Working your ass off for "a fraction"  of what the head coach in air conditioned comfort sleeping in comfortable hotel rooms and making a damn good salary is still damn good job to have. Believe it or not, oh Matt Fortuna, people work hard for a lot, lot less. My great grandfather was a gandydancer for Southern Pacific for 19 years. I have the sledgehammer he used. It weighs 22 .lbs. He swung it all day, every day in east Texas for 19  years. Rain or shine, summer and winter.  I know roofers who work 12 hour days in the Texas summer. Their workers, usually Mexican,  blow insulation in attics etc ... and don't make much money at all.  PLUS, while recruiting may be 365 days a year, the size of the organizations built to facilitate recruiting has grown monumentally.  

ok-boomer-the-office.gif

• Haha 3

BobbyBurton

Harrison Chiu is our newest staffer at Inside Texas.

Harrison is a life-long Longhorn fan and is currently an undergraduate at UT where he's majoring in Radio, TV, & Film.

Below you will see his first work for us here at IT. It's a four-minute clip with some video from both spring practice and Sark's presser.

Hope you enjoy this new content to IT, and please welcome Harrison to the team.

• Hook 'Em 3

3 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

BobbyBurton

Harrison Chiu is our newest staffer at Inside Texas.

Harrison is a life-long Longhorn fan and is currently an undergraduate at UT where he's majoring in Radio, TV, & Film.

Below you will see his first work for us here at IT. It's a four-minute clip with some video from both spring practice and Sark's presser.

Hope you enjoy this new content to IT, and please welcome Harrison to the team.

Maybe Inside Texas should make sure the intern knows how to pronounce the starting QB's name before doing his voiceover work for the video?

11 minutes ago, Hornlover said:

Maybe Inside Texas should make sure the intern knows how to pronounce the starting QB's name before doing his voiceover work for the video?

Maybe he's the only one pronouncing it correctly.  Ever think of that?

• Haha 2

On 3/28/2022 at 7:52 AM, Fud said:

On 3/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, texifornia said:

Darius, it's called having a job.

This was my exact thought. Beyond that, this kind of business is something that lends itself pretty fucking well to entrepreneurialism. Stop whining and go get it, Darius, or shut the fuck up and stick your employer's knitting. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2