$9.95 worth every penny

futureman

3 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Did you know that there are two kinds of tumescence?

I did not. That seems like too much tumescence.

2 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Helped that I literally watched this episode of The Wire last night:

bcfa87bd-269e-46ca-8f97-baa5bca5865f_tex

That must be in like the last season and a half or something. I've watched the first 3+ seasons like 3-4 times. I can never get past the middle-ish part of season 4, if memory serves. 

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

That must be in like the last season and a half or something. I've watched the first 3+ seasons like 3-4 times. I can never get past the middle-ish part of season 4, if memory serves. 

Mid-season-5, I'm almost done with the whole thing. And man, I loved season 4. Marlo and his houses full of dead bodies were some spooky shit and the kids were shockingly good actors.

4 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Clitoral tumescence 

Penile tumescence

Or if you're more inclined to use embryology for your line of argument, those are two sides of the same coin. Simply put, a penis is a former clitoris that kept growing in the womb into its current form.

Hmm. I see a fresh new characterization of satyanash's reaction to bad news. Clitoral tumescence.

Spoiler

This week is my last week with 247Sports.

I want to thank everybody that has been involved in my journey up to this point and specifically highlight a few that have really helped shape me into the person and reporter that I am today.

(Photo: Guy Frazier)
That conversation has to start with Mike Roach, who took a chance on a 19-year-old fresh into the industry a little over two years ago and never doubted his ability to do the job as good as the big boys. Without Mike, there is a zero-percent chance that I would be in the position I am today. All of the trips to camps, visit weekends, games, etc. made us a powerful duo and I'm forever indebted to the sacrifices he made to help further my career. Under his guidance, I was able to elevate as a part-time worker in this industry on the outside looking in to a full-time employee with the most respected team site in this market. He has truly become one of the best teachers in this game, and I'm honored to have learned under him for the time I was able to have. His next student, my replacement, is somebody who I am extremely excited about, and I can't wait to see those two flourish to even higher heights together here at this site.

Next, to my roommate, coworker, and close friend Collin Kennedy who also struck up a deserved promotion recently. Being able to bounce off energy on a daily basis with Collin has been a blessing and it's made me a better reporter and person as each day passes. To see where we were a year ago to where we are now is truly awesome and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him as well. He's on the cusp of becoming one of the most important people in this company, and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of that responsibility.

To the Horns247 crew that includes Jeff Howe, Chip Brown, Taylor Estes, and Kevin Ryan, thank you guys for welcoming me in from the jump and making me feel at home. A question or concern I ever had never felt like a dumb one and just by you guys working and operating on a daily basis gave me an understanding of how to work in this business while I was trying to learn.

There are a ton of people around the network that were also crucial in helping me throughout the years, but I wanted to highlight our regional guys such as Brian Perroni, Andrew Hattersley, Jeremy Clark, Cody Nagel, Tim Watkins, Garrett Ross, and Gabe Brooks as some of the guys who were really helpful to me and I'm honored to call each of those guys my friend. To national guys such as Steve Wiltfong, Brandon Huffman, and Greg Biggins, I appreciate the guidance and expertise and can't wait to see you guys down the road to catch up.

COMMENTS
Lastly, to you, the consumer. Without an audience and without people reading our content, none of this would be possible. The Horns247 community welcomed me in from day-one and took me seriously from the jump. Without that, I'm not sure I would have had the confidence to do this job at a high level. I am forever indebted to this community and the support that you guys provided. I hope that you guys will follow me into my next journey and beyond as I truly appreciate a lot of your presences.

As for that next journey, I'll have that news in the coming days. For now, I want to just say goodbye to everyone here and thank you for all of the support over the last two-plus years.

Nick Harris leaving 247 which is a bummer because he was perfectly average which is an accomplishment given that everyone else at Texas 247 sucks ass

3 hours ago, Teryor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I want to thank everybody that has been involved in my journey up to this point and specifically highlight a few that have really helped shape me into the person and reporter that I am today.

That conversation has to start with Mike Roach, who took a chance on a 19-year-old fresh into the industry a little over two years ago and never doubted his ability to do the job as good as the big boys. Without Mike, there is a zero-percent chance that I would be in the position I am today. All of the trips to camps, visit weekends, games, etc. made us a powerful duo and I'm forever indebted to the sacrifices he made to help further my career. Under his guidance, I was able to elevate as a part-time worker in this industry on the outside looking in to a full-time employee with the most respected team site in this market. He has truly become one of the best teachers in this game, and I'm honored to have learned under him for the time I was able to have. His next student, my replacement, is somebody who I am extremely excited about, and I can't wait to see those two flourish to even higher heights together here at this site.

Next, to my roommate, coworker, and close friend Collin Kennedy who also struck up a deserved promotion recently. Being able to bounce off energy on a daily basis with Collin has been a blessing and it's made me a better reporter and person as each day passes. To see where we were a year ago to where we are now is truly awesome and I can't wait to see what the future holds for him as well. He's on the cusp of becoming one of the most important people in this company, and I couldn't think of anyone more deserving of that responsibility.

To the Horns247 crew that includes Jeff Howe, Chip Brown, Taylor Estes, and Kevin Ryan, thank you guys for welcoming me in from the jump and making me feel at home. A question or concern I ever had never felt like a dumb one and just by you guys working and operating on a daily basis gave me an understanding of how to work in this business while I was trying to learn.

There are a ton of people around the network that were also crucial in helping me throughout the years, but I wanted to highlight our regional guys such as Brian Perroni, Andrew Hattersley, Jeremy Clark, Cody Nagel, Tim Watkins, Garrett Ross, and Gabe Brooks as some of the guys who were really helpful to me and I'm honored to call each of those guys my friend. To national guys such as Steve Wiltfong, Brandon Huffman, and Greg Biggins, I appreciate the guidance and expertise and can't wait to see you guys down the road to catch up.

COMMENTS
Lastly, to you, the consumer. Without an audience and without people reading our content, none of this would be possible. The Horns247 community welcomed me in from day-one and took me seriously from the jump. Without that, I'm not sure I would have had the confidence to do this job at a high level. I am forever indebted to this community and the support that you guys provided. I hope that you guys will follow me into my next journey and beyond as I truly appreciate a lot of your presences.

As for that next journey, I'll have that news in the coming days. For now, I want to just say goodbye to everyone here and thank you for all of the support over the last two-plus years.

Nick Harris leaving 247 which is a bummer because he was perfectly average which is an accomplishment given that everyone else at Texas 247 sucks ass

13 hours ago, Teryor said:
  Reveal hidden contents

COMMENTS

so who is left? chip, the fat fuck, and the whore? 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

16 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can we not call the female a whore? It's incel-cliched silliness that a female covering football needs to be called some sort of shitty name that makes the entire board look like Neanderthals by mere association. If we're going to look like that, I'd prefer it be because we're ogling her cleavage. 

Thought the "whore" reference was "Fuck Chip Brown" just listed twice ??

Edited by LTtxfan

33 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Can we not call the female a whore? It's incel-cliched silliness that a female covering football needs to be called some sort of shitty name that makes the entire board look like Neanderthals by mere association. If we're going to look like that, I'd prefer it be because we're ogling her cleavage. 

YARN | What if they call my momma a whore? | Road House (1989) | Video  clips by quotes | fa1ba089 | ç´—

52 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Dumb bitch?

11 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Leaving IT/On3 for 247 seems like a backwards career move.

he was basically an junior analyst (or maybe an intern?) at IT, so he is probably moving up title and responsibilities wise - and $$$ wise too

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, closetojumping said:

Her cleavage is impressive. One of my favorite tropes of this board is 90% of people saying they wouldn’t hit that when they all would. 

• Haha 2