Hops and Grain

Jester King

Zilker

Pinthouse - all 3 locations

Southern Heights

Oddwood

Red Horn

Adelberts

and maybe St Elmo and 512 and Independence brewing, and Last Stand even (though id prolly put em on the same level)

like i said, lots. Hi Sign maybe makes 1-2 good beers. The rest of their stuff is Thirsty  Planet/Circle brewing level. They are a completely medicore brewery

40 minutes ago, Okie State said:

Jesus Christ. I enjoyed every beer I had there and the guy was cool. It's worth a stop.

Greenspoint got an infected barrel aged bottle on 3/31. I reached out to Hi Sign’s founder, who is a friend of mine, on 4/2 and replied in this thread for him to reach out via email to give feedback and be made whole. Not sure if that ever happened, but guessing that’s the impetus for the opinion. Appears he’s in the minority, at least as far as this thread goes. 

Hi sign was a fine tap room with outstanding service. But I thought out of the 9-10 beers I had, only 2 were ones that I would probably order again. Both were IPAs iirc. They did nothing to wow me, unlike Southern Heights or Zilker when they opened. In order to be considered a good brewery, the majority of your beers should be good. Maybe their beer is better now, but when 9 months ago, their beers just werent good.

I never say this, but im not the only one who thinks they are meh. Reviews on Untappd, BeerAdvocate, and RateBeer all agree... in fact most reviews are much less kind than I am. There is better beer around Austin, much better. Thats all im saying

“All agree”. I’ll step aside after this, but >50% of the breweries listed rate below it on Untappd, which is basically beer Yelp and a haven for neckbeards that treat hazy IPAs like their new Magic The Gathering cards. I’m a big fan of drinking what you like, and I love me some Wooderson (and Fire Eagle, and Zoe, and Man O War, and Hi-C, and...). 

Hi Sign is fine. I like their new blueberry blonde. One thing I have noticed is that there is a discernable difference in quality bw their stuff on tap and their stuff in cans. I almost never buy their canned beer, but i'm a big fan when i see it on tap. Strange. I haven't been in months, but do they have a canning line? Or are they doing that two at a time hand canning in open atmosphere for optimal oxidation flavoring kind of thing?

Edited by Bottlecap