2018 Beer

HenryJames

I was gonna say that I’ve seen fermenters names quite often. I was at a small operation in Galveston the other weekend and theirs were named. Pretty sure that st Elmo has named FVs.

9bfc50ead930186465989332cd776863.jpg

6d6e91c7a54f4c2e55f3bc79c2f587c8.jpg

Also, props to my sister and her fiancé for bringing back some goodies from their trip yesterday.

d8ea5665926e2a7ac2abd1860251b08d.jpg

This is from January, so it may have been posted here or on Shaggy, but not sorry if it was. Pretty cool article about Chip McElroy of Live Oak on the College of Natural Sciences website. Just confirms that what starts here does change the world. 

https://cns.utexas.edu/news/q-a-chemistry-alum-and-owner-of-live-oak-brewing-talks-hops?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=

• Like 1

I was gonna say that I’ve seen fermenters names quite often. I was at a small operation in Galveston the other weekend and theirs were named. Pretty sure that st Elmo has named FVs.

9bfc50ead930186465989332cd776863.jpg
6d6e91c7a54f4c2e55f3bc79c2f587c8.jpg

Also, props to my sister and her fiancé for bringing back some goodies from their trip yesterday.

d8ea5665926e2a7ac2abd1860251b08d.jpg

Anyone else get serious root beer nose and finish on that Citramendous?

2 hours ago, stupidgringo said:

This is from January, so it may have been posted here or on Shaggy, but not sorry if it was. Pretty cool article about Chip McElroy of Live Oak on the College of Natural Sciences website. Just confirms that what starts here does change the world. 

https://cns.utexas.edu/news/q-a-chemistry-alum-and-owner-of-live-oak-brewing-talks-hops?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=

Amen, brutha.

Backslope Brewing. Highly recommended. The Consequences Be Damned IIPA was fantastic. Peppery and smooth as butter from the tequila barrel. Nice vanilla on the backend.

fdd0458ed6775583ce772301028794d6.jpg

The Little Scratch was perfect after 4 hours in a kayak.

94e3d7205d990b9c0f1f7c73db8b97f8.jpg

Also had a flight of the rest of the IPAs and they were all solid. The food was probably the best bar grub I’ve had anywhere. Overall, I’ve been impressed with the beer scene in the Flathead Valley.

625987b63c10a65d66f362c8d8bce7cf.jpg

Is zepol a traveling Kirby vacuum salesman?   That dude is someplace different every week.

Hoes in different area codes.

Stopped by Trinity last night after red leg. Cool people. They closed at 9 but I stayed and just talked to the bartenders. I'll be going back for sure

In Seattle for a few days. Hit up Old Stove, Fremont and Cloudburst so far. Some good ipa’s   Any other recs?

In between Cloudburst and Fremont is Holy Mountain. Next to Fremont is Reubens and Stoup which are next door almost to each other. Very close is Chucks Hop Shop as well. http://chucks.jjshanks.net/draft

All of these are about within 5 miles of each other I think. Traffic can suck, but once you get across Queen Anne to Fremont it’s not too bad. It’s one of the best stretches of breweries in the country.

What's the deal with Alstadt brewery?  I liked them on Facebook per a sponsored ad, and they re building a literal fucking castle.  Who is financing that?  They certainly don't need that much space for a brewery, tap room and restaurant, right?  What will the rest of the square footage be?  Their beers better be pretty fucking good to justify such a massive expenditure.

23 hours ago, shnsajax said:

In between Cloudburst and Fremont is Holy Mountain. Next to Fremont is Reubens and Stoup which are next door almost to each other. Very close is Chucks Hop Shop as well. http://chucks.jjshanks.net/draft

All of these are about within 5 miles of each other I think. Traffic can suck, but once you get across Queen Anne to Fremont it’s not too bad. It’s one of the best stretches of breweries in the country.

Did HM today. Very cool. Train went by carrying a few Boeing planes, which was a cool view. 

Edited by 4th&Five
  • Like 1