2018 Beer

HenryJames

Brewer’s Table. Every beer was unique and tasty. Green tomatoes and basil in beer? Fucking delicious. The Vor Ort was their version of Lone Star and a perfect patio beer. The pint of Smashed Face was the only hoppy beer. Food was great.

91335ac06c41e98be953312651fa40d1.jpg

ce8bbfeadd60696812bb139b52f0d789.jpg

a9a987f4322bf34a6f7fc0fbe5ef053b.jpg

Where is this place?

Collabs never really meet my unreasonable expectations, but I'm really excited about this one

Launch on draft is this friday at Zilker
Tall boy cans soon. Just in time for FB season.

Oooh didn’t know it was getting canned. Looking forward to trying it

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 7:05 PM, deft said:

I don’t know if there’s mixed opinions of tupps but this is frivolous IMO......especially this fresh

e47c6453345fe808f055596650975eb6.heic
9c324e1927e8ea9854fd150948581ec5.heic

Picked up some of this tonight while doing a HEB run. First of their beers I've tried. Close to $12.00 a six pack but pretty damn tasty. 

10 hours ago, Continental Op said:

DFW folks - Be careful buying anything really hoppy in cans from Turning Point.  Pretty much all of the IPAs I have purchased from them take on a gasoline flavor even if you drink them fresh.  

So, pretty much like all IPAs, then... 

😁

Brewfest in Durango was good fun. List spoiler-ed.

10 Barrell Brewing Company, AC Golden, Alaskan Brewing, Animas Brewing Company, Avalanche Brewing Company, Avery Brewing, Ballast Point,  Big B’s Hard Cider,  Blue Moon Brewing Company, Bottom Shelf Brewery, Boulder Beer, Breckenridge Brewery, BREW Pub & Kitchen,  Bristol Brewing Company, Carver Brewing Company, Cigar City Brewing, Durango Brewing Company,  Crooked Stave Artisan Beer Project,  Durango Craft Spirits, Eddyline Brewery, Elevation Beer Company, Fenceline Cider, Firestone Walker Brewing Company, Full Sail Brewing Company, Four Peaks Brewing Company, Goose Island Brewing Company, Great Divide Brewing Company, La Cumbre Brewing Co, Left Hand Brewing Company, Mancos Brewing Company, Marble Brewery, New Belgium Brewing Company, Nuevo Cerveza, Odell Brewing Company, Oskar Blues Brewery, Pagosa Brewing and Grill, Palisade Brewing Company, Renegade Brewing, Roaring Fork Beer Company, Santa Fe Brewing Company, Sierra Nevada, Ska Brewing, Small Town Brewery, Steamworks Brewing Company, Telluride Brewing Company, The Mr. Grumpy Pants Brewing Co. ltd, Three Barrel Brewing Company, Tommyknocker Brewery, Upslope Brewing Company, WildEdge Brewing Collective

Enjoyed Avery, Ballast Point, Cigar City, Crooked Stave, Elevation, La Cumbre.

Bunch of stuff I'm used to as tons of locals.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, PvilleStang said:

What's the story for Lake Austin Ales?   Supposedly saw they were opening nowhere near Lake Austin (Burnet Rd), and they're offering a lot of hazy IPAs.  Trying to give Celis a run for their money with a good trio, maybe?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/lakeaustinales/  

They are contract brewing at Celis, so probably the same heavy-handed hazy recipes with a new label

On 8/27/2018 at 6:29 PM, PvilleStang said:

What's the story for Lake Austin Ales?   Supposedly saw they were opening nowhere near Lake Austin (Burnet Rd), and they're offering a lot of hazy IPAs.  Trying to give Celis a run for their money with a good trio, maybe?

https://www.facebook.com/pg/lakeaustinales/  

I read that they're adding actual fruit juice to their IPAs so meh.

3 hours ago, Bottlecap said:

Also, in case yr branching out from your usual tailgating beers, here are some new ones that have debuted since the end of last football season:

https://www.austinchronicle.com/features/2018-08-31/introducing-austins-pre-gaming-beers-of-2018/

I'm stockpiling ABW Super Awesome for this purpose.

• Like 2

I swung by Hi Sign today for the first time and the dude behind the bar confirmed 6 packs of HiC soon, around next week.  Brewery only.  Interestingly we were talking about Trillium and they use the same graphic designer.

Can confirm it's a bitch to get out of there and head west on 71 currently.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Firemans4Horn said:

Beer is 25% off at Central Market with no restrictions until 9/4. 

I bought 50% more beer...

The red aged in rum barrels by Innes is purdy good. Asked beer steward(?) 2 weeks ago for it after I tried it in Lubbock of all places.  Was great to find it there.

Sell.Me.A.Beer.