CPAC 2019

Grandioso

7 hours ago, relapse98 said:

It's amazing how quick trump McCain got them to turn on McCain.

None of this Mueller idiocy would have happened without McCain.  Then McCain doubled down and screwed the entire Republican Party with his health care vote.  John Lewis was noble when he was marching for Civil Rights in the sixties.  He is an idiot now.  McCain should be applauded for his heroism in the Vietnam War.  That doesn't mean he couldn't have turned into a dolt in his latter days in the Senate.  It's a pretty easy argument to make that McCain did more damage to the Republican Party in the last decade than any other Republican politician.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

That's your perception because almost all the liberal LSU posters have been banned.  Myself included.

Those that haven't been banned either don't post about politics or tread very lightly. 

TD, SECRant, TexAgs, Free Republic, etc..   They all allow that QAnon shit, so anybody remaining on those forums is fine with it.  If they disagreed, they’d leave and hurt those sites in the wallet.  

Yep, one photograph of 12 people is a perfect representation of an entire nation of 325 million people.  Would you consider a photograph of 12 members of the Flat Earth Society to be evidence that the United States believes the earth is flat?  You have had one rally that made the news in the last thirty years or so.  Compare that to the 1920s when the KKK was marching down the streets of Washington D.C. in full robe in droves on Inauguration Day.  When was the last time you saw a "Whites Only" sign plastered on a public drinking fountain or restroom?  Racism today, as far as being a driving force in America, is nothing but a political boogieman used by the Democrat Party to scare ignorant voters into voting for them.  If this country is such an evil and racist country why do people from practically every other country on earth put so much effort into trying to immigrate here?

Which one of those guys do you think is the Dem voter?

Which ones do you think showed up at CPAC?

Republicans are bereft of ideas. All they have is fear of the other and sucking on the orange dick.

Slurp, slurp.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

None of this Mueller idiocy would have happened without McCain.  Then McCain doubled down and screwed the entire Republican Party with his health care vote.  John Lewis was noble when he was marching for Civil Rights in the sixties.  He is an idiot now.  McCain should be applauded for his heroism in the Vietnam War.  That doesn't mean he couldn't have turned into a dolt in his latter days in the Senate.  It's a pretty easy argument to make that McCain did more damage to the Republican Party in the last decade than any other Republican politician.

I ASSume you think Trump is a Democrat politician then.  

4 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

You have had one rally that made the news in the last thirty years or so.  

You think there has only been one rally (that made the news) in the last 30 years?  Maybe watch or listen to something other than foxnews. 

As for racism.  People have been literally FORCED into allowing blacks to go to the same schools, drink from the same fountains, because that was obviously the right thing to do.  But we had to pass actual laws for that to happen.  People are so fucked up that simple things like that weren’t common sense or decency.  Morons

So yeah, we fixed/shamed/forced stupid (white trash) people into not allowing a bunch of their racist bullshit, but that doesn’t mean everything is fixed.  It doesn’t mean there isn’t a portion of the population that wants to go back to pre civil rights (MAGA).

There is still a ways to go though, unless your head is just completely buried in someone’s ass like Rush Limbaugh. 

Is the US better off than we were in the fucking 1920s, of course, nobody is denying that (outside of incredibly stupid people). Is racism nothing but boogeyman, well only foxnews fucking dumbasses think that. 

Edited by Ted Lange
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

giphy.gif

Cadence, like a growing number of hankie capitalists, has learned how to monitize the need these people have to rent entertaining black buffoons who will denigrate the race and help them justify their racism. I'll give her credit for figuring out that it's easier to fleece bigoted white people who will pay good money to watch her buck dance than to pull 8 hour days in the call center for 8.10 an hour.

• Like 1

Cpac seems like comic-cons but for politically right rubes. Sure they occasionally can entice big names to show up for a fee but at the end of the day, it’s washed up celebs (far right “stars”) selling their autograph.

It’s sad that some of the attendees must be burning through a majority of their annual vacation time/budget to get a selfie with diamond and silk.

its a weird business model.  Take the malkin woman who is taking heat for slamming a dead McCain. The attention may put a few 100K in her pocket over the next few years. You have to be outrageous to get ahead. The crowds want WWE not tax policy.

6 hours ago, Satchel said:

Cadence, like a growing number of hankie capitalists, has learned how to monitize the need these people have to rent entertaining black buffoons who will denigrate the race and help them justify their racism. I'll give her credit for figuring out that it's easier to fleece bigoted white people who will pay good money to watch her buck dance than to pull 8 hour days in the call center for 8.10 an hour.

Yup

Candace isn’t a minstrel show like D&S rather she’s the black friend who is capitalizing on white idiocy. 

D&S are the aunts who at holidays you look at your cousins and as “wait, they serious?”

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Cpac seems like comic-cons but for politically right rubes. Sure they occasionally can entice big names to show up for a fee but at the end of the day, it’s washed up celebs (far right “stars”) selling their autograph.

It’s sad that some of the attendees must be burning through a majority of their annual vacation time/budget to get a selfie with diamond and silk.

its a weird business model.  Take the malkin woman who is taking heat for slamming a dead McCain. The attention may put a few 100K in her pocket over the next few years. You have to be outrageous to get ahead. The crowds want WWE not tax policy.

The Malkin woman who is a minority yet proclaimed diversity is bad. 

Seriously where do they get their non—whites for this convention?

7 hours ago, Ted Lange said:

As for racism.  People have been literally FORCED into allowing blacks to go to the same schools, drink from the same fountains, because that was obviously the right thing to do.  But we had to pass actual laws for that to happen.  People are so fucked up that simple things like that weren’t common sense or decency.  Morons

Lots of past tense in that.  I never said racism has never been a problem in this country.  I'm saying it isn't today.  Anyone here want to give a first hand experience of racism that has occurred to them in the last two decades?  There will always be isolated incidents just like there will always be isolated instances of stupid people doing stupid things but racism is not a significant issue today.  The only people who proclaim that it is are doing so in order to profit from it.   By the way if you want to do something to make it even less of an issue today the best thing you could do would be eliminate every race and gender studies curriculum in American colleges and universities today.  These classes create more racists than anything else in this country.

• Fuck You 5

36 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Lots of past tense in that.  I never said racism has never been a problem in this country.  I'm saying it isn't today.  Anyone here want to give a first hand experience of racism that has occurred to them in the last two decades?  There will always be isolated incidents just like there will always be isolated instances of stupid people doing stupid things but racism is not a significant issue today.  The only people who proclaim that it is are doing so in order to profit from it.   By the way if you want to do something to make it even less of an issue today the best thing you could do would be eliminate every race and gender studies curriculum in American colleges and universities today.  These classes create more racists than anything else in this country.

Go ask a black person. Any black person.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pancho Negro said:

The Malkin woman who is a minority yet proclaimed diversity is bad. 

Seriously where do they get their non—whites for this convention?

There are always opportunists.if you’re a white guy that wants to earn a buck by getting close to trump or by getting his attention, there’s probably a long line.  If you’re a minority, you’re probably walked to the front of the line so he can’t demonstrate the diversity of his support.

1 hour ago, EMAWesome said:

Lots of past tense in that.  I never said racism has never been a problem in this country.  I'm saying it isn't today.  Anyone here want to give a first hand experience of racism that has occurred to them in the last two decades?  

There were widespread efforts in multiple states just this past year to suppress the minority vote in the midterm elections.

Blacks typically serve 19% longer sentences than whites for the same crimes.

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/black-men-sentenced-time-white-men-crime-study/story?id=51203491

There's two examples of racism that exists in this country off the top of my head. 

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

the way if you want to do something to make it even less of an issue today the best thing you could do would be eliminate every race and gender studies curriculum in American colleges and universities today.  These classes create more racists than anything else in this country.

Make an outrageous claim and provide no evidence.

Quality education in rural Kansas 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

Go ask a black person. Any black person.

Woah there buddy. Nobody said anything about talking to black people. Just go ask any of EMAW's white friends if they have suffered racist injustices in the last 20 years.

Sounds like circumstantial evidence. Which a noted expert told me is inadmissible in every court. So, sorry, nobody’s buying what you’re selling.

Too crazy for CPAC. Now THAT, amigos, is next-level crazy.

You're unbelievable man.  My sister-in-law, who was born in Virginia, but is of Chinese ancestry, was in motherfucking Costco a few weeks ago and some redneck motherfucker comes up to her and asks to see her driver license.  She asked why and he said, "well, are you from here?"  She was the bigger person and just walked away.  Fuck you.

Edit: this was in Austin, one of the most liberal cities in America.  But I'm sure it was isolated and nothing like that ever happens in rural towns or other cities in the south or midwest.  Again, fuck you.

Edited by Biff Tannen
  • Like 3

Last two decades! I see racism every week and I'm as white as they get. I've been told when bringing in an application that "we have our black employee we don't need another". I've had clients tell me "oh you know how ******* are" and another said "oh I won't eat there because there's too many black people there" and on and on and on. It isn't just at my job location either. I had a great employee apply at another company because it would be a pay raise for her and my contact at that company told me she was "too urban" for them to hire. You truly live in an imaginary land.

3 hours ago, EMAWesome said:

This is obvious trolling, but - he worst forms of racism today are systemic, structural and pervasive. A good example is how zoning put in place to emulate the effects of racist deed restrictions that were made illegal in 1968 continues to obstruct minorities to build wealth over multiple generations. Another is how people with black names get fewer call backs from prospective employers than people with white names even when they have identical resumes. 

Oh and since you asked anecdotes - every single one of my black neighbors is regularly stopped by the police. All of them. The police have been called on their sons for running while wearing running gear or playing basketball on the basketball court. A Hispanic man was tailed by police for having Spanish language radio bumper stickers. One lady put a piece of furniture out in the alley and announced on facebook that she was giving it away. A black neighbor subsequently went to pick it up. She saw him loading it into his truck out the back window and CALLED THE COPS.  

Racism is very much with us. 

Edited by Bozo_Casanova

On 2/28/2019 at 2:13 PM, Bama Chick said:

Is there some kind of implied threat that if we don’t mollycoddle the weakest men who get their masculinity shattered that there will be consequences?

Repped for the entire post, but quoted for long-standing similar concern. 

So many of our policies (just about all of our war policy) seem to be created by insecure adolescents terrified of not seeming tough enough. The whole "get tough on" some issue reeks of this attitude. In the 80s, jail was the answer for everything. Drug abuse? Jail! Lots of time in jail! Young people leaving high school and committing petty crimes? Prison! Not better ways to keep them in school. Too soft! Jail! 

And let's hope they will all be raped in jail because we're tough guys and hard men. We don't give a fuck about your feelings.

Somebody does something we don't like internationally? Send the planes. If that doesn't work, send the troops and tanks. Gonna be some great TV of us blowing shit up. Collateral damage? It's war, and, besides, we don't actually aim the bombs at the civilians who were out buying sweets and flowers to rain upon their liberators!

Idiot World. With men in charge, it's Violent Idiot World with a pinch of negligent cruelty.

A government run by women could be as corrupt and as stupid, but I don't think we'd see so much policy based on macho posturing. That posturing costs a lot of money and lives.

CPAC epitomizes this worst form of Idiot World. Insecure cunts who have to believe that they are the only truly brave patriots who care about America. In actuality, they are the furthest thing from the type of citizen envisioned by the Founders.

• Like 4

What a singularity of absurdity. Anyone with an IQ over 70, even (especially) historically Republicans, knows it. This is what you’ve reduced this county to. Reality is beyond satire.

Most of my friends are Republicans and most of them are smart, decent people. What I don’t understand and they won’t explain is why they put sticking it to the libs ahead of letting themselves be clowned at the expense of American interests.

Last two decades! I see racism every week and I'm as white as they get. I've been told when bringing in an application that "we have our black employee we don't need another". I've had clients tell me "oh you know how ******* are" and another said "oh I won't eat there because there's too many black people there" and on and on and on. It isn't just at my job location either. I had a great employee apply at another company because it would be a pay raise for her and my contact at that company told me she was "too urban" for them to hire. You truly live in an imaginary land.

fucking idiots...that’s just more room for me at Sacsee’s.

it’s rampant here...i see it daily in my profession. “DWB” is the dominant reason why someone shows up in my office.