Jimbo 2021: Meemaw's Got a Brand New Bag

Machinator

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Of course their academics are excellent and one thing that’s really stood out for them when they do travel they take their academic branch with them. They took their tutors and counselors and that’s a great thing.

I can personally confirm that Texas State does this for (among others) our golf, soccer, and T&F teams, so that's hardly something unique to A&M football.  

Edited by Beau Vine

Does anyone know what the current number for aggy is right now? I feel like they are still at least 5 or so players over the 85. There's a thread on the aggy board about Elam possibly coming back and it led me to think about their number issues and the fact that they didn't have spring to bury a player on the depth chart here and there to push them out the door. It's going to be interesting to see how that all shakes out. Esp since they've already borrowed 2 from the 2021 class for Crownover and Phillips. 

247 has it at 89 -- 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2020-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

Oof ---  look at that WR distribution. NINE freshman (between RS and TR FR)? That CB depth chart is about to be facing Leach and Briles offenses on top of the LSU/Bama/Auburn games. Nice. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, golfclap said:

Does anyone know what the current number for aggy is right now? I feel like they are still at least 5 or so players over the 85. There's a thread on the aggy board about Elam possibly coming back and it led me to think about their number issues and the fact that they didn't have spring to bury a player on the depth chart here and there to push them out the door. It's going to be interesting to see how that all shakes out. Esp since they've already borrowed 2 from the 2021 class for Crownover and Phillips. 

247 has it at 89 -- 

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Season/2020-Football/ScholarshipDistribution/

Oof ---  look at that WR distribution. NINE freshman (between RS and TR FR)? That CB depth chart is about to be facing Leach and Briles offenses on top of the LSU/Bama/Auburn games. Nice. 

I’m sure they have plenty of players they can move off the payroll to solve their problem. 

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

247 has it at 89 -- 

IIRC (it's been a couple of months), it was 4 or 5 depending on whether or not Tucker was on the roster. Elam would just increase that by one more, so 4, 5, or 6 depending on Elam and Tucker, I think 

2 minutes ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

While Aggies are protesting Black Lives Matter, Longhorn Coach Jay Valai is tweeting birthday wishes to Tupac.

I mean, the aggy coaches are doing stuff like that too (see below), and we have our own crusty dorkuses complaining about things. In general UT has looked a lot better than aggy on this, though, for sure.

28 minutes ago, Fud said:

IIRC (it's been a couple of months), it was 4 or 5 depending on whether or not Tucker was on the roster. Elam would just increase that by one more, so 4, 5, or 6 depending on Elam and Tucker, I think 

I got them at 89 with Tucker and the return of O'Neal.

1 hour ago, golfclap said:

247 has it at 89 -- 

Yes their CB depth is awful. 3 seniors and JUCO George. No other JR's, SO's, or RS-Fr. Then they have Moten and Jones(who is a safety), and Harmon for 2021. Right now their 2022 depth chart is Moten and Harmon, once Jones moves to safety. Of course their safety depth is almost as bad, with Williams another O'Neal, and Richardson, Jones, and Johnson available in 2022.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

I got them at 89 with Tucker and the return of O'Neal.

Reading the Elam thread, multiple of their posters say they need to lose 5 players without Elam. But who knows. 

The Elam thing seems to be based solely on him tweeting positive A&M stuff. I don't think that's happening. 

247 NE corridor reporter Brian Dohn (who is basically a member of the gigem staff now) with a level 9 CB for 3* CB Tyreek Chappell (he has been bumped twice since January from 83 overall to 88) 

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyreek-Chappell-46079966

Texas A&M made recruiting the northeast, particularly South Jersey and neighboring Philadelphia, a priority in the last few cycles and the results are coming in.

After landing a pair of players from the area in the ’20 class, the Aggies are poised to add more in the ’21 class and sit in excellent shape to get a commitment from Philadelphia Northeast cornerback Tyreek Chappell.

In checking with sources, I entered a Crystal Ball pick for the Aggies to land Chappell. I put in a confidence number of nine because of a few variables, including saying he will take official visits even after he makes a July 4 announcement of his school of choice.

Chappell, who 5-foot-11, 177 pounds, has a strong connection with the staff, including assistant coach Elijah Robinson, who is from the area.

Chappell is a three-star prospect with a rating of .8565 in the industry-generated 247Sports Composite, but is an 88 in 247Sports’ rankings. He will also be under consideration for a ratings increase next month given new information regarding testing numbers.

According to Chappell’s track coach, he ran a 10.67 in the 100 meters in practice. Since the season was cancelled, there are no official times from the spring.

13 minutes ago, Fud said:

Reading the Elam thread, multiple of their posters say they need to lose 5 players without Elam. But who knows. 

The Elam thing seems to be based solely on him tweeting positive A&M stuff. I don't think that's happening. 

5-6 of these dudes are going to get some lucrative job offers soon

The Texas A&M football team only had five seniors on scholarship this past season. However, the program was still well-represented when it came time for spring graduation ceremonies.

Friday's graduation events were moved fully online and the Aggie football saw 13 of its players earn degrees.

Interestingly, one of the five senior scholarship players or one senior walk-on were included in that group.

Several current players that still have eligibility left were, though.

Offensive lineman Riley Anderson, safety Keldrick Carper and cornerback Travon Fuller are all scholarship players with one more year of eligibility remaining. Anderson and Fuller redshirted their first year on campus while Carper has only been on campus three years. He did, however, enroll a semester early in the class of 2017.

A few walkons from the current roster are also included on the list.

They include Cagan Baldree, a former offensive lineman who moved to fullback this past season, as well as defensive lineman Danny Milam, defensive back Marquez Johnson, kicker Drew Riethman, linebacker McCrae Rutledge, wide receiver Hunter Smith and quarterback Colton Taylor. All still have one year of eligibility remaining should they choose to return.

Former walk-on running back John Clark also graduated on Friday.

https://247sports.com/college/texas-am/Article/13-Texas-AM-football-players-receive-their-degrees-146944545/

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I mean, the aggy coaches are doing stuff like that too (see below), and we have our own crusty dorkuses complaining about things. In general UT has looked a lot better than aggy on this, though, for sure.

I understand about unity but black lives matter at Texas A&m what a shame.... Black , whites, browns,blue, or purple it dont matter what color everyone has equal rights... I have never owned a slave so i ant apologizing to know one for being white. 

Ole Dixie doesn't appear to be ready to apologise for murdering good grammar and spelling either.

10 minutes ago, golfclap said:

247 NE corridor reporter Brian Dohn (who is basically a member of the gigem staff now) with a level 9 CB for 3* CB Tyreek Chappell (he has been bumped twice since January from 83 overall to 88) 

https://247sports.com/Player/Tyreek-Chappell-46079966

That 247 rating is only the thing holding him up as a borderline mid-3* in the composite.  His Rivals and ESPN rankings are bottom 3*.  

Edited by Elmer_Fudd

3 hours ago, texifornia said:

How did they get all 15 people to march together?

4 hours ago, Fud said:

I could easily be wrong. Maybe they are thinking Crownover or Phillips counts this year and not in 2021.

2 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Hmm. If only there was a way to determine if a black db was faster than a white db, instead of just assuming the black db was faster. Oh well, guess we’ll just have to use Karen's racial profiling for now. 

I wish someone would ask her - pretending to be earnest - for her grid of jobs vs. ethnicities ... 

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Lobwedgephil said:

Two nationally trending hashtags this week, well done aggy. 

27 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Another good look for them #racismattamufeekslike is trending nationally

https://mobile.twitter.com/search?q=%23RacismAtTAMUFeelsLike&src=trend_click

@Lobwedgephil and @Longhornfrenzy you know what you have to do, Please. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Bag hag being racist is the least surprising thing I’ve seen on this board

Yep. She and aggy truly do deserve each other. If Jimbo wasn’t in retirement already, I’d love to see him go to tOSU, so Karen could get unleashed on that obnoxious fan base next. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Man, Tarp would be downright likeable if it wasn't for his crippling aggy football addiction.

Some of the more scathing criticisms of aggies/aggie culture /influential aggies/donors come from him ... it's often quite amusing.  He causally skewers aggiedom;  the hordes respond by calling him an ossified geriatric.

36 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Hoo boy this is gonna get ugly

Disagree. This is perfect. Senior aTm quarterback they were already looking for reasons to hate and bench him. He handed it to them on a platter and he didn’t even need to overthrow a wide open receiver. Texags must be thrilled. 

• Like 3